Shower/bath Leak

brodieboy

I had a bathroom installed by a one man band last year.

The bath has a flat shelf and there is water building up and then leaking between where the slip on seal meets the hinge of the screen. Its dripping down the side of the bath, onto the floor and then under the door to the hall. My tenants need to put a towel down every day but its becoming tedious.

My handyman is now on long term sick/uncontactable and I need someone to advise on how best to fix this ASAP. I tried putting silicone seal in the gap but it just made it worse. Are there any clever tricks to avoid this? i.e. Can you buy a deflecting flap which would cover the entire area?

Thanks in advance.

The bath has a flat shelf and there is water building up and then leaking between where the slip on seal meets the hinge of the screen. Its dripping down the side of the bath, onto the floor and then under the door to the hall. My tenants need to put a towel down every day but its becoming tedious.

Had a similar problem with a door a couple of years ago - ended up taking the door off, replacing the tiles that were drilled with ones we'd kept in the loft, and fitted a circular shower curtain rail of the type shown Loop rail

The curtain came right round halfway at the shower and the problem was solved overnight.

Other than that you could adjust the feet on the bath to level it up a bit more at the shelf end to prevent a puddle building up but doing that the bath might not drain properly so beware!

Edited by gianlucatoni

Had a similar problem with a door a couple of years ago - ended up taking the door off, replacing the tiles that were drilled with ones we'd kept in the loft, and fitted a circular shower curtain rail of the type shown Loop rail

The curtain came right round halfway at the shower and the problem was solved overnight.

That's genius, thanks!

Have a similar problem but at the door to the shower cubicle; water always seeps though and it has caused the floor board underneath the marble tiles vinyl to warp.

Door's comin' aff, curtain's goin' up!

Other than that you could adjust the feet on the bath to level it up a bit more at the shelf end to prevent a puddle building up but doing that the bath might not drain properly so beware!

Cheers for this. It could be an option.

I've since found this simple device which will probably do the trick...

http://www.showerdoc.com/bath-and-shower-seals/B-TECH-DGWK03-Byretech-Drip-Guard-(white)-DGWK03

My handyman is now on long term sick/uncontactable and I need someone to advise on how best to fix this ASAP. I tried putting silicone seal in the gap but it just made it worse. Are there any clever tricks to avoid this? i.e. Can you buy a deflecting flap which would cover the entire area?

Thanks in advance.

bathrooms in Falkirk... what next, inside toilets :thinking: