Bbc "open All Mics"

chunky jag

Unable to attend the jags games last few weeks so listenin to radio today, absolutely shockin standard of broadcasting. They're trying to recreate the "banter" they have in the skysports super saturday studio with all the so called pundits talking over each and shouting every time east fife force a corner, it's cringeworthy stuff. woeful punditry, can't make out anything from any games because they all talk over each other. it's so bad i've turned it off, can't wait to get back to matches this is torture.

Absolutely. They report on players' actions without even reminding themselves that the listening public might not know which teams they're playing for, or at what grounds. As for saying anything about the position of play - even leading up to a goal - you're left to guess. They're now taking to giggling at "in" jokes among themselves, too.

Oh, and it would be nice to have pundits who could cope with the present perfect tense and using prepositions most of the time. If they can't do any better than the "We [sic - guess which clubs!] huv went fur tae ge' a resul'" style of chat, perhaps the licence-fee payers could do without their services, at least until the pantomime season is back.

Why do BBC Scotland's pundits feel the need to use the word 'quality' every other sentence? Billy Dodds has the vocabulary of an eight-year old and the insight of American intelligence at Pearl Harbor. 'Biscuits' squeals like a whipped dog. There is a dozen of these sock-in-the-mooth freeloaders on the BBC (funded by licence payers and pimped on by the players' union, I fear) and it pure gets oan ma goat, so it does. :angry3:

They hired a former player for the Inverness game and he had the IQ of the muffin I ate for breakfast I don't even know who scored Or when.

:thumbsup:

God help him, and I know his ears will be burning tonight, but hopefully Jackie's meeja career lies in TV comedy. He hasn't the voice for radio and talks more tripe than I do.

The pundit that floors me every time is Gary Caldwell - a lump of wood who makes more in a week than most of us make in six months. Who in god's name decided he'd augment our listening pleasure?

There was some burd on it today aswell, a ****** joke of a summariser she was, comes away with this to Richard Gordon: "Surely, Richard, surely this game is over now".

This is just after Motherwell go 4-0 up in like the 93rd minute against Queens Park today, the standard of punditry on these shows is an absolute embarrassment, giving some burd a job just to tick a box. The guys are not much better in fairness, no personality whatsoever.

And who is this prick they've got on sportscene from up north with the thick Inverness accent? **** off mate and commentate on the shinty, you don't know shit about football and your accent is so irritating I want to slit my own throat!

Other than that, great tv :hypocrite:

For me all Scottish highlight football media aside from off the ball is pretty cheesy and pathetic the opening titles on sportscene and match of the day in comparison seal it for me also the pathetically poor runtime for the lower class ties . Atleast England get a good 30 seconds each I timed the thistle highlight tonight at 8 seconds.

There was some burd on it today aswell, a ****** joke of a summariser she was, comes away with this to Richard Gordon: "Surely, Richard, surely this game is over now".

This is just after Motherwell go 4-0 up in like the 93rd minute against Queens Park today, the standard of punditry on these shows is an absolute embarrassment, giving some burd a job just to tick a box. The guys are not much better in fairness, no personality whatsoever.

And who is this prick they've got on sportscene from up north with the thick Inverness accent? **** off mate and commentate on the shinty, you don't know shit about football and your accent is so irritating I want to slit my own throat!

Other than that, great tv :hypocrite:

Actually she's there because she's a sports journalist who happens to be at Palmerston quite often when Queens are at home, but on Scottish Cup weekend she gets sent to do a big job. Even at Queens games though she is hopeless, only ever updating on goals and not much else, continuously saying nothing is happening (or that could be the case the way Queens are playing now) when prompted by Richard Gordon.

And do you mean Colin Cameron, from Kircaldy? He's the Cowdenbeath manager so not a bad person to have on considering their performance against Hibs. I think the BBC should have done some sort of competency test first though.

And do you mean Colin Cameron, from Kircaldy? He's the Cowdenbeath manager so not a bad person to have on considering their performance against Hibs. I think the BBC should have done some sort of competency test first though.

Of course I know who Colin Cameron is, I'm talking about one of the commentators not studio guests. don't know what his name is.

Of course I know who Colin Cameron is, I'm talking about one of the commentators not studio guests. don't know what his name is.

My mistake, sorry. I did feel that when you have Pat Nevin in one chair, you really need someone with more personality than Cameron in the other.

• 6 months later...

Unable to attend the jags games last few weeks so listenin to radio today, absolutely shockin standard of broadcasting. They're trying to recreate the "banter" they have in the skysports super saturday studio with all the so called pundits talking over each and shouting every time east fife force a corner, it's cringeworthy stuff. woeful punditry, can't make out anything from any games because they all talk over each other. it's so bad i've turned it off, can't wait to get back to matches this is torture.

It's a zoo. "Heh, heh, how did you do on the golf course yesterday, Biscuits?"

Yeah. Right. Get those people to **** off the air, will you BBC?