Anybody Ever Been Jags Mascot?

chunky jag

Was just reading the thread about the ginger haired players, and someone mentioned "Ginger Pubes" Brannigan, and it got me thinking of the time I was mascot, and whilst I was in the dressing room, my eyes happened upon Albert The Ghost Craig's genitals, and a mighty walloper it was too.

We were at home, first game of the season I think, either 93 or 94, Dundee United beat us 2-1, Christian Dailly got both I'm sure, think Alby got his first of 18 that season.

Was a cracking experience despite the defeat. Had a kickabout on the pitch with Geree and Isaac English I think it was.

Any of you been mascot? What game/score? Who's baws did you see?

Not been a mascot but while watching the QPR V's MK Dons match on itv 4 last night, they advised that MK Dons had a 15 yr old school boy on the bench. He had to change in the toilet on his own as under the child protection laws, he was not allowed to change with the rest of the MK Dons team.

I'd suspect the days of having mascots in the dressing room while the players are getting ready are long gone.

Wee bro was mascot for a 1996(?) Defeat to a very good Motherwell side. Pretty sure van der gaag got a goal that day. Alex mcleish and nicky walker were not just good to him but to the whole family.

Jnr's never been as into the jags as I have been and its always stuck in throat that he got the chance and I didnt!

I was the mascot twice, first game was thistle v dundee at home. jim duffy captain for thistle and gordon chisolm captain for dundee. Thistle won 2-0. george shaw scored one of them i think. My dad bought me it as it was only £10 more than buying a strip and you got a free strip when you were the mascot.

2nd time was more distinctive, junior jags competition winner. Mascot v rangers at firhill got beat 3-1, rod mcdonald sent off for crossing himself. Gazza was a total gent and didnt ignore me like all the other players

My son was mascot 4 or 5 years ago against St Johnstone 2- nil to Thistle with 10 minutes remaining and we lost 2 goals to draw the game!!

On another point he was not allowed into the dressing room but he did get a kick about on the pitch with Stephen Murray, at one point Ruby tried to tackle him, my son swung his leg missed the ball and connected with his genitals. lol

I won a competition to be a mascot about 1983 at Firhill. The game was called off because of a frozen pitch (no undersoil heating at that time). Was told I could be mascot again so a month or so later again was due to be mascot and I was all geared up in my Partick Thistle strip to get taken to Firhill by my dad when my brother fell off his bike and had to be rushed to hospital, so ended up missing out again.

Not been a mascot but while watching the QPR V's MK Dons match on itv 4 last night, they advised that MK Dons had a 15 yr old school boy on the bench. He had to change in the toilet on his own as under the child protection laws, he was not allowed to change with the rest of the MK Dons team. I'd suspect the days of having mascots in the dressing room while the players are getting ready are long gone.
I think the people who invent these laws should be looked at, as they are obviously thinking like a paedo. As if you eye up people when you're gettin changed to play football. And how would you be meant to abuse the boy with 20 other people in there getting changed at the same time? Political correctness gone mad. Thanks for ruining our country, labour party Edited by The Mighty Quinn

I think the people who invent these laws should be looked at, as they are obviously thinking like a paedo. As if you eye up people when you're gettin changed to play football. And how would you be meant to abuse the boy with 20 other people in there getting changed at the same time? Political correctness gone mad. Thanks for ruining our country, labour party

Knowingly, and willfully, exposing yourself to a child (under 16), constitutes child abuse. Don't particularly disagree with the rest of your post, or the sentiment behind the bit I've put in bold.

Was mascot in December 1988 vs QoS, we won 2-1, Alan Dinnie was captain and Gerry McCoy slagged off my hair. Remember Lambie speaking to me but can't remember what he said. Only disappointing thing was that with my parents being so keen to take photos I never got to shoot into the goalie (think it was Archie McLean)

I was a genuine lucky mascot. We went something like 12 games unbeaten at home after that having lost our previous home game, can't remember exact amount but it was Ayr who beat us to end the run.