Just In

Camallain

Wasn't ther on Sat but I would base hatred of Dundee on at least 3 things. Firstly, when they were managed by uberhun Alex Rae, secondly when they thought they could buy the league and signed Harkins from us and thirdly the way they cheated their creditors by going into administration.

All true, and not to mention their singing of "The Billy Boys", not just on Saturday but every time I've seen them. You can add to that other prime hunnish chants. Jeez, I hate them.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't ther on Sat but I would base hatred of Dundee on at least 3 things. Firstly, when they were managed by uberhun Alex Rae, secondly when they thought they could buy the league and signed Harkins from us and thirdly the way they cheated their creditors by going into administration.

You forgot about Nacho Novo.

Why I hate Dundee football club.

1. Dundee

2. Tayside Police

3. ********* stewards up there. Do their up most to cause something out of nothing and spoil the game for us "weegies".

4. Typical East Coast anti "weegie" mentality.

5. Administration twice in 10 years is nothing short of laughable and summarises that they were living far beyond their means.

6. Tryed to cheat their way out the league a couple of years ago.

7. Their fans anti SFL and Celtic esque "everyone is out to get us" mentality after their point deduction.

8. Showing complete ignorance to all the folk they cheated out of money. Cheated Scott Fox out of £22,000.

9. Nacho Novo.

10. Rab Douglas

11. Alex Rae

12. When their fans come down here, they're allowed to stand without any hassle. Do that up in Dundee and you'd get chucked out of their dump.

13. The ****** who ran on the pitch last year and grabbed the net after they thought they scored. After the incident, everyone around him trying defend from getting kicked out the ground, in which the police and stewards took ages to do.

14. The same game and incident above, they broke seats in the away stand.

15. We never seem to beat them when we outplay them or should win, based on the number of clear cut chances.

16. Rip off admission and food prices at Dens.

I'll leave it at that. Some of the above can be also used for why I hate Dundee United too.

Edit: I'm not bothered with the Harkins situation. those in charge of the Club at the time chose not to pay the tax man and the fee we got for him went a long way to paying that £300,000 debt off. We needed it, so as frustrating as it was to see him go, the Club needed it. I'm frustrated at why the BoD was running the Club at a loss year in, year out.

Edited by northernsoul

Why I hate Dundee football club.

1. Dundee

2. Tayside Police

3. ********* stewards up there. Do their up most to cause something out of nothing and spoil the game for us "weegies".

4. Typical East Coast anti "weegie" mentality.

5. Administration twice in 10 years is nothing short of laughable and summarises that they were living far beyond their means.

6. Tryed to cheat their way out the league a couple of years ago.

7. Their fans anti SFL and Celtic esque "everyone is out to get us" mentality after their point deduction.

8. Showing complete ignorance to all the folk they cheated out of money. Cheated Scott Fox out of £22,000.

9. Nacho Novo.

10. Rab Douglas

11. Alex Rae

12. When their fans come down here, they're allowed to stand without any hassle. Do that up in Dundee and you'd get chucked out of their dump.

13. The ****** who ran on the pitch last year and grabbed the net after they thought they scored. After the incident, everyone around him trying defend from getting kicked out the ground, in which the police and stewards took ages to do.

14. The same game and incident above, they broke seats in the away stand.

15. We never seem to beat them when we outplay them or should win, based on the number of clear cut chances.

16. Rip off admission and food prices at Dens.

I'll leave it at that. Some of the above can be also used for why I hate Dundee United too.

Edit: I'm not bothered with the Harkins situation. those in charge of the Club at the time chose not to pay the tax man and the fee we got for him went a long way to paying that £300,000 debt off. We needed it, so as frustrating as it was to see him go, the Club needed it. I'm frustrated at why the BoD was running the Club at a loss year in, year out.

Their DJ is a knob end. Did you get that one? :thumbsup2:

How can you hate Big Rab? Lovely big guy and a smashing keeper.

Because he, pretty much always plays well against us and denies us a victory due to some great save, like Saturday for instance.

He prevents us from beating them. I don't have any hate for him as an individual.

Edited by northernsoul

A few of my belated observations:

I see Naismith is copping a lot of flack in this thread for some reason. I thought he actually done reasonably well on Saturday and can't agree at all with the notion that he put in a half-arsed performance. Yes, he keeked himself after taking a heavy touch when in on Douglas but that shouldn't detract from what was a relatively decent display. He closed Lockwood down on a number of occasions, giving him very little time on the ball, and I would suggest was one of the main reasons why Smith hooked him in the second half. I felt he was at times reluctant to part with the ball but I wouldn't say, from memory, that it cost us any significant chances.

Doolan is by far and away our best attacking option, in my opinion, and I simply cannot comprehend what Jackie thinks Stewart offers which is of more benefit to the team. The infuriating thing is that we've seen that Stewart can be a decent player but his application (I hesitate to say attitude) is awful. I never had any confidence that he would put away the chance served up to him on a plate by Christie, and nor did he by the look of it.

Instead of spending the money from Dargo's wages on another striker who may or may not solve our lack of threat, I'd like to see us bring in a striking coach on a part-time basis, someone like Billy Dodds, James Grady, someone who'll be able to give our strikers a few pointers and hopefully increase their sharpness infront of goal. I know we've got Sid but I tend to think Dools, Christie, Stewart, Fraser, etc. would benefit from the assistance of someone who made a habit of putting the ball in the net throughout their career.

I hope Paul Paton has let Gavin Rae out his back pocket.

Robertson had a solid game, even though he looked to have picked up a slight knee knock late in the first half, and played a great ball which nearly created a goal. Cole looked decent enough but I suspect from what I saw that he'll do a better job at right-back. O'Donnell was very poor by his standards and seemed reluctant to get stuck in, often backing off his opponent allowing them to pass under no pressure. Still to see the big fuss about Sinclair. Undoubtedly has great potential but any talk of transfers to bigger clubs is extremely premature. His distribution is woeful at times and his decision making is poor. Defensively, he's pretty solid and his pace gets him out of problems when he is out of position. Still behind Twads and Paddy in terms of level of performance, in my opinion.

We'll be doing well to keep a hold of Cairney beyond this window. He's playing exceptionally well at the minute and, on this form, could play at a higher level. Paton looks very impressive in his new role and it has been a masterstroke from Jackie.

Decent point. Would have been good to follow it up with a winnable home game against Ayr (which we would have undoubtedly not won).

Was it not Robertson who played that pass? Presuming we're talking about the same one, a belter it was down teft wing.

That's the one. I could have sworn it was Cole who played it but you might be right. Hopefully it makes it to the match highlights when they appear.

All true, and not to mention their singing of "The Billy Boys", not just on Saturday but every time I've seen them. You can add to that other prime hunnish chants. Jeez, I hate them.

Oh, that got several voluminous airings on Saturday, as did a couple of large red, white and blue flags they had brought with them. Throw in their pre-kick off player huddle and a half-arsed attempt at a 'Poznan' and they could well find themselves the reciptients of a writ for plagiarism from Bigots Inc.

A positive by-product of their sub-Old Firm/anti-Glasgow "banter" though was that our support rediscovered its voice in fine fashion. That was the best display of singing I have heard from our support in a long time. :thumbsup2: