Bicycle Drivers

Tam

.........so what's the view on anglers on canal toe paths? and should prams be allowed on the toe paths? and should the canoeists be banned cos they get snagged in the fishing lines and chase the fish away, and what about barge boats, you cant get near the place for barge boats!

They used to worry me when I cycled along the F & C canal tow path on a daily basis. I think sometimes they cast off deliberately when I approached. Ban them.

Edited by arnus68

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

had to contribute cyclists are a bunch of cants ,demand to be treared like other TAX paying road users but never stop at red lights or worse still come up your inside as your turning left when they are going straight on . Not to mention the west end wahoos who cycle on wrong side of the road ,wrong way down one way streets, have no lights , use mobiles, or i pods and use the pavement, if you want to be respected as road users stick to the bloody rules .

had to contribute cyclists are a bunch of cants ,demand to be treared like other TAX paying road users but never stop at red lights or worse still come up your inside as your turning left when they are going straight on . Not to mention the west end wahoos who cycle on wrong side of the road ,wrong way down one way streets, have no lights , use mobiles, or i pods and use the pavement, if you want to be respected as road users stick to the bloody rules .

check your mirrors then ya twadger! :D

Probably when someone's not indicating. I've noticed indicators are an unnecessary accessory in cars nowadays.

Probably when someone's not indicating. I've noticed indicators are an unnecessary accessory in cars nowadays.

agreed - a lot of the new fangled Audi's, BMW's and K-nawb-jockey 4x4's have dispensed with indicators altogether and you have to decipher friggin Haiawatha smoke signals

Good advice for ANY road user... Have a read through the latest version of the highway Code every few years. It'll remind you of what you should and should not do when using the road.

On that note, and in response to your "worse still" point,you'll find that the code strongly recommends that you should never overtake a cyclist (because they are almost always on the left of the road) prior to a junction.

Furthermore, all road users pay TAX to some degree. Car users pay TAX to allow them to drive their vehicle on public roads. This TAX is called VEHICLE TAX. Bicycles are not self-propelled and are therefore, by definition, not vehicles and thus a. exempt from VEHICLE TAX and b. legally entitled to use the road subject to the rules and recommendations laid down in the Highway Code and associated statute.

However, when it comes to cyclists who actively flaunt the rules, rest assured that it annoys me as much as it does you, although I am equally aware of many, many car drivers disregarding the rules of the road every day.

Edited by Jack Osbourne snr

Seen many cars jump red lights( when using my bike i always stop at red lights in the zone marked out for bikes only, thats as long as their isnt a feckin car in it)

Many motoriists have sped up to overtake a cyclist only to turn left quickly and almost hit the cyclist

Cars drivers never use their mobiles when driving---aye right

If motorists want to respected as road user stick to the bloody rules

live on the southside myself and yes many car drivers do take chances ,and there is a lot of conciencious cyclists , but my point was there is a great many miss marple , fat accountant, eco warrior types who jump on a bike without any real road sense or knowledge and the potential for a serious injury is greater on a bike , and i always check my mirrors when turning ya twadger thats how i manage to avoid these k-nawb jockeys

as someone so eloquently put.

live on the southside myself and yes many car drivers do take chances ,and there is a lot of conciencious cyclists , but my point was there is a great many miss marple , fat accountant, eco warrior types who jump on a bike without any real road sense or knowledge and the potential for a serious injury is greater on a bike , and i always check my mirrors when turning ya twadger thats how i manage to avoid these k-nawb jockeys

as someone so eloquently put.

that'll be the north east corner of the sou'side you live in then - think you need a compass for crimbo ya do-ball! B)

you simply canny beat a car driver who's adamant that they're just a rule obeying automaton - "i always look in my mirrors blurble blurble" - in their own words/world that is! It seems that if he's lying about his/her location on the forum then it's a good bet they're telling a few whoppers about what a hellishly good driver they are :thumbsup2:

think you're just pi**ed off cos you have to sit on red light incase you get a ticket from the boabies but we are free to ride the highways (for free and all!) ... go on get a bike - come on over to the dark side ... but you'll have to cross the clyde to get here first!

Good advice for ANY road user... Have a read through the latest version of the highway Code every few years. It'll remind you of what you should and should not do when using the road.

On that note, and in response to your "worse still" point,you'll find that the code strongly recommends that you should never overtake a cyclist (because they are almost always on the left of the road) prior to a junction.

Furthermore, all road users pay TAX to some degree. Car users pay TAX to allow them to drive their vehicle on public roads. This TAX is called VEHICLE TAX. Bicycles are not self-propelled and are therefore, by definition, not vehicles and thus a. exempt from VEHICLE TAX and b. legally entitled to use the road subject to the rules and recommendations laid down in the Highway Code and associated statute.

However, when it comes to cyclists who actively flaunt the rules, rest assured that it annoys me as much as it does you, although I am equally aware of many, many car drivers disregarding the rules of the road every day.

:lol: High Five!

its not a question of geography ya do-ball, and i had a bike , when i was 10 , then i grew up and progressed to big vroom vrooms, heres an example , at 1am this morning im turning left into sauchiehall st from elderslie st, two studenty type females came straight through the red light, no slowing down or looking for traffic , because i as a trained road user , licenced and insured, was alert an accident was avoided , asked one of them , do you not bother with red lights , her reply was not generally , as an after thought who would pay for any damage as homocyclists dont need insurance.

its not a question of geography ya do-ball, and i had a bike , when i was 10 , then i grew up and progressed to big vroom vrooms, heres an example , at 1am this morning im turning left into sauchiehall st from elderslie st, two studenty type females came straight through the red light, no slowing down or looking for traffic , because i as a trained road user , licenced and insured, was alert an accident was avoided , asked one of them , do you not bother with red lights , her reply was not generally , as an after thought who would pay for any damage as homocyclists dont need insurance.

? Are you saying all cyclists are gay. I remember at school, kids used that kind of patter. When I was about 10.

mmm let's see now - your forum location is the north east corner - but claim to live on the southside - either you do need a compass ya whopper or you need some sodium thiopental ! :music:

... and cruising the streets round there at that time of night ... mmmm ... many would jump to wholesale generalisations (like you do about cyclists) but i'm saying nothing ... although it was you who mentioned "red lights" ! ;)

Ok, I admit it. Drivers are angels of the road (except me). They never speed; never jump lights; never use mobile phones while driving; never use lanes that are clearly ending soon and nip accross at the last second, cutting someone up; never drive drunk; cause no deaths on the road; ALWAYS indicate; are always courteous to pedestrians and each other; blah blah blah.....Cyclists, those satans, they are guilty of all the aforementioned. And as for the pollution those pedal powering c***s give off....ban the f*****s.

Ok, I admit it. Drivers are angels of the road (except me). They never speed; never jump lights; never use mobile phones while driving; never use lanes that are clearly ending soon and nip accross at the last second, cutting someone up; never drive drunk; cause no deaths on the road; ALWAYS indicate; are always courteous to pedestrians and each other; blah blah blah.....Cyclists, those satans, they are guilty of all the aforementioned. And as for the pollution those pedal powering c***s give off....ban the f*****s.

:lol::lol::lol: