Bicycle Drivers

Tam

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was something in the papers about this recently. There's supposed to be a bell on the bike when you buy it, but you can just take it off. But I don't remember ever seeing a bell on a bike in a bike shop. It could probably be googled but i can't be bothered... here to help.. (ahem)

There was something in the papers about this recently. There's supposed to be a bell on the bike when you buy it, but you can just take it off. But I don't remember ever seeing a bell on a bike in a bike shop. It could probably be googled but i can't be bothered... here to help.. (ahem)

There wasn't one on mine, but then I did buy a reconditioned old bike

Agreed. And people with their pesky dogs should stay off cycle paths. :rolleyes:

Absolutely. I've been cycling the 32 miles to and from work for the last 3 months, and I've come to the conclusion that it's safer being on the (dangerous) road than it is on the cycle path. I've come off my bike twice during that time, both times to dog walkers not controlling their pets. Once it was a guy with two dogs on extendable leads; as I went by one dog shoots off leaving him holding the lead across the path at waist height and panicking. The next one, yesterday, was a guy with a dog on the verge of the cycle path not on a lead; as I went by the dog leaps out literally right in front of the bike.

Both occasions, thankfully, the dog owners immediately owned up to their fault. I was concerned that their pets were OK; they were concerned that my obvious cuts and bruises weren't any worse than they looked. Very painful but no lasting damage.

I do think it's a sad indictment that it's safer for cyclists to take their chances on the roads rather than the dangers of dedicated cycle routes. But that's what I do for the journey home...

I couldn't resist the urge to post on this thread...so here I am!

In keeping with previous cycling threads I should make it clear that I too, have a dog which gets walked.

Fortunately, Jag in a Peugeot et al aren't allowed on cycle paths or walkies paths so the world is a safer place. :P

end.

Edited by Jack Osbourne snr

i've lost count of the times i've had to slam the brakes on to avoid dogs on the cycle path, or extendable leads stretched right across your path. bunch of selfish b's. if you want to share the path take some responsibility for your dogs. now i ring my bell in bags of time for them to know i'm coming, but if a dog runs in front of me i'm gonna hit the effin thing.

rant over.......... :lol:

only lycra clad ones the fetishest bams that they are ... and the wallopers who wear headphones instead of listening to what's going on around them! :wall:

crikey i have an anti-cyclist list expanding by the minute :whistling:

Ho! Whats wrong with lycra?

Try doing 60 miles in a pair of Bermudas! You won't do it again.

Today, I pulled on the lycra at 6.45am, caught the 0720 to Gourock, 0820 ferry to Dunoon - did 60 miles round Cowal and then rode back from Gourock bringing the total to 90 miles. Had I not being wearing lycra, my legs would be much sorer than they are and my bits would either be in bits or have fallen off.

Edited by Jack Osbourne snr

.........so what's the view on anglers on canal toe paths? and should prams be allowed on the toe paths? and should the canoeists be banned cos they get snagged in the fishing lines and chase the fish away, and what about barge boats, you cant get near the place for barge boats!

.........so what's the view on anglers on canal toe paths? and should prams be allowed on the toe paths? and should the canoeists be banned cos they get snagged in the fishing lines and chase the fish away, and what about barge boats, you cant get near the place for barge boats!

Don't think I've come across many canoeists, anglers and barge boats on Cadzow Street :thinking: