Beer

hamiltonjag

Probably been done before but here goes.

All my wee local shop had left tonight was Budweiser or Tennent's. (I blame the World Cup)

I have always known Tennet's lager is bowfin ever since I started drinking. But I totally forgot how utterly gut-churning Budweiser is until tonight.

Anything worse out there to be avoided?

Tennents, served cold, from a pub with adequate gas supplies and well maintained, non-yeast filled beer lines, is perfectly fine. It's just that it's near impossible to find. One beer I've never really been able to get into is Brooklyn Lager, it's a bit of a hops overload.

Any of that weak 4% stuff is terrible, Tennents, Carling, Carlsberg and Fosters being the most widely available culprits. That Chinese one Tsing Tao isn’t very good either, no taste to it.

Got to disagree on Tsing Toa. I get it as a wee treat sometimes - I like oriental rice beers, they're quite sweet and oddly, I find them very flavoursome! Singha is my favourite of the riceys but it's a bit of a hard one to find.

Got to disagree on Tsing Toa. I get it as a wee treat sometimes - I like oriental rice beers, they're quite sweet and oddly, I find them very flavoursome! Singha is my favourite of the riceys but it's a bit of a hard one to find.

I like a lot of beers from that part of the world, Singha and Chang are both pretty tasty and I get them now and again, thats why I specified Tsing Tao, I don't like it.

Often in Morrisons they have reasonable deals on big bottles of Tsing Tao, Chang, Singha, Kingfisher, Tiger and a couple of the Japanese ones I can't remember the names of, they are 66oml bottles and can usually be grabbed 3 for a fiver.

I have never put a comma in the wrong place my life, however I often need medical attention for a misplaced semi colon.

Ouch. They come out quite easily nowadays though.

I'd agree with McEwans, although thankfully you don't seem to find it except in bowling clubs now.

I've also got Stella Artois on my list. What a waste of money. Suddenly, the label changes and it's a premium lager!

Can't really participate in this as living in Krautland I'm spoiled for choice. Had some corn beer (Weizenbier) this evening at our neighbours while watching BRD vs Ghana.

Remember living in Engerlund (Wigan) and they had fine real ales which were warm and found their way into your bloodstream in nanoseconds. These were promptly barred by the European Commission for some reason.

When back home in Scotland, I tend to drink Guiness for the simple reason that it tastes good, gives me iron and upsets whoever is getting the next round in!

Rank beer? - I'd say Carling.

Can't really participate in this as living in Krautland I'm spoiled for choice. Had some corn beer (Weizenbier) this evening at our neighbours while watching BRD vs Ghana.

Remember living in Engerlund (Wigan) and they had fine real ales which were warm and found their way into your bloodstream in nanoseconds. These were promptly barred by the European Commission for some reason.

When back home in Scotland, I tend to drink Guiness for the simple reason that it tastes good, gives me iron and upsets whoever is getting the next round in!Rank beer? - I'd say Carling.

It's sure never you.