Beer

hamiltonjag

Most draught lagers are awful, unless consumed in a bar that takes pride in keeping its beer lines clean, which is incredibly rare. In my life I have had a couple of really nice pints of Tennants, which is outweighed by the numerous horrible ones. In places that do tend to take care of their lines, they are usually cleaned on Sunday mornings, meaning the beer you drink on a Friday/Saturday night is when it is at its dirtiest. With cans, the metal reacts with the drink, and I don't believe you can get any nice lager from a can.

I'd go with any beer from a can being the worst beer. From draught Carlsberg would be my least favourite, it is disgusting. I can't say beers from the US (Bud, Miller, Coors) are the worst because they don't have anything offensive to them, in fact they have nothing to them, they taste just like carbonated water.

In the same way that every breath you take contains some molecules that were exhaled by Albert Einstein.

Einstein's inspiration is more interesting than his expiration.... :rolleyes:

Drank quite alot of Moretti beer in Italy last week, but didn't really like it.

Peroni/Astro Nazurro are much more preferable, but didn't seem to be available in the area.

The worst beer I ever tasted here in Australia was KB Lager.

I remember I got a carton of 24 cans at half price many years ago and after the 1st one the rest went down the sink.Another disaster over here is Pure Blonde.It's still hard to go past VB and Tooheys though.Crown Lagers are a great buy when they are on special at $40.00 a case when you buy 2 cases.

I remember I got a carton of 24 cans at half price many years ago and after the 1st one the rest went down the sink.Another disaster over here is Pure Blonde.It's still hard to go past VB and Tooheys though.Crown Lagers are a great buy when they are on special at $40.00 a case when you buy 2 cases.

You can say that again.

There's too many awful beers to list them all. The most obvious examples are Tennents, Carling, Fosters and Carlsberg, which sadly are everywhere and are all dire and undrinkable. Fosters is probably the worst of all. Budweiser, Miller, Becks, Amstel, Coors, Kronenbourg, San Miguel and Stella I would put in a second category - they are not nice beers, but just about drinkable in the absence of anything else and assuming they are cold.

There's too many awful beers to list them all. The most obvious examples are Tennents, Carling, Fosters and Carlsberg, which sadly are everywhere and are all dire and undrinkable. Fosters is probably the worst of all. Budweiser, Miller, Becks, Amstel, Coors, Kronenbourg, San Miguel and Stella I would put in a second category - they are not nice beers, but just about drinkable in the absence of anything else and assuming they are cold.

You Russians drink paint stripper. I'm surprised you have any sense of taste left.

• 2 weeks later...

Tau, local norwegian beer you get a hangover as you drink it and at £5 a pint doesnt add to the memorable experience, and its almost all you can get on draft here unless you want to pay well over the odds

What about Ringnes?

Edited by B.C.G. JAG

San Miguel and Stella are among my favourites... Maybe you are my nemesis? :lol:

Although Budweiser is horrible! Hated ever since the 'stubby challenge' in a roasting hot room, with inadequate cooling facilities!

I like a lot of beers from that part of the world, Singha and Chang are both pretty tasty and I get them now and again, thats why I specified Tsing Tao, I don't like it.

Often in Morrisons they have reasonable deals on big bottles of Tsing Tao, Chang, Singha, Kingfisher, Tiger and a couple of the Japanese ones I can't remember the names of, they are 66oml bottles and can usually be grabbed 3 for a fiver.

The Chang they sell over here is brewed in Airdrie!