Why Only 5 Substitutes In The Sfl?

sigesige00

According to the Association Football rules, the number of substitutes is determined by each competition between 3 and 7.

Why does the SF permits only 5 substitutes?

And I think that the rules of substitution is ridiculous. Why only 3 substitution, while 7 players are on bench?

There was a strange event in Germany. Volfsburg's Hasebe (Japanese international MF) played as a GK because 3 substitution had been already done when the GK was injured.

I know only two sports in which all substitutes cannot be used -- Association Football and Rugby Union Sevens.

Futsal's team is 12 players, while being played by 5, and there is no limitation on substitution. I think that Futsal rule is much better.

i think there should be 7 subs named but i think that you should only be allowed to bring on 3 so tactics and stuff play a big part

Agree with this, If there was 7 subsitutes it would mean that youth players would have more of a chance of being involved in match days and make more appearances.

I think the SPL and PL should use 5 subs. It's a better test of tactical ability having a small pool of players to select from when needing to change a game. At this level there are quite a few clubs who don't have enough players for a 7 man bench throughout the season when you take injuries and bans into account.

I think in an age where we're obsessed with youngsters getting a game, I think something similar to the u21 rule in SPL would be good for our league, where we can use 7 subs but 3-4 of the 18 man squad must be u21, would mean young guys could get in if their team was winning late on etc give them experience they otherwise wouldn't have got.

Futsal is played by 5-player teams. Futsal's squad is 12. So, if we devide 12 by 5, the rate is 2.4. If we multiply 11 by 2.4, the answer is 26.4. So a 26-player squad is not ridiculous.

In the World Cup, Euro and other international football, the squad number is 23. I think that 23 is appropriate.

Keep going man. Why don't we allocate half the main stand to both teams, and fill it full of subs? Or give every fan entering the ground a pair of boots and shinnies, you could give them all strips from your personal collection, and we could all get on once in a while?

I read somewhere that the English leagues had reduced amount of subs to five as it is with us. What struck me odd was when this was introduced leading managers (I think Holloway was one) decided to do away with a sub keeper.

Do we have to (SFL ruling) have a sub keeper on the bench? If not can you think of any occasions an SFL manager has benched 5 outfield players. My recent recollections a Jags manager has always brought in an emergency keeper rather than risk no keeper on the bench.

I think the SPL and PL should use 5 subs. It's a better test of tactical ability having a small pool of players to select from when needing to change a game. At this level there are quite a few clubs who don't have enough players for a 7 man bench throughout the season when you take injuries and bans into account.

As for bans, I am for the rule change.

The bans for cards must be abolished. All fouls should be punished in that game. Players shown yellow card must be sent to sinbin, but there must be no card bans.

And we can reduce the number of injuries by adopting Futsal's rule -- bans on sliding tackle and shoulder charge.

And you say that there would be clubs who cannot have 7 substitutes on the bench throughout a year. However, if you include youth players, any senior club would be able to have a 23-player squad. And all amateur Futsal clubs in the national league have 12 players in the top team in Japan.

As for bans, I am for the rule change.

The bans for cards must be abolished. All fouls should be punished in that game. Players shown yellow card must be sent to sinbin, but there must be no card bans.

And we can reduce the number of injuries by adopting Futsal's rule -- bans on sliding tackle and shoulder charge.

And you say that there would be clubs who cannot have 7 substitutes on the bench throughout a year. However, if you include youth players, any senior club would be able to have a 23-player squad. And all amateur Futsal clubs in the national league have 12 players in the top team in Japan.

I reckon you should just stick futsal all the time if it's so great