League Reconstruction.

Steven H

If the plan is approved, suddenly this newco has a business basis on which to build (leaving aside their many other problems). And the entire game in this country will have been sacrificed to give them that.

As far as I'm aware from comments by the chairman and manager, just a week or two ago Thistle were progressing optimistically into a new season despite the tough economic circumstances we all face. Now we'll be told that without this poisonous fix to propel Rangers back up into the SPL as soon as humanly possible, we would not be able to survive. That's the big lie we're about to be sold.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[email protected]

[email protected]

Woudl suggest everyone gets emailing them and make them aware of how you feel about this. Dont expect a reply but if their mailbox is filled with angry emails they will get the point that fans as a group are not happy at this "compromise" (read that as the SFL taking one for the team and here is £33k each to soften the blow).

You can bet that with the number of people we know who will never go back to football if this happens the clubs will lose a damn load more than £33k.

Is it worthwhile selling the clubs soul for the pieces of silver we would get ? Not a ******* chance in hell IMO

Unfortunately, we have to recognise that the SFL clubs will be under pressure from the banks. Newco playing in Div 1 could enable the clubs to pay off, in whole or part, loans and overdrafts. All the banks have to do is to demand repayment immediately or within a few weeks/months. They have no interest in the moral high ground, just a need to reduce their exposure to Scottish football.

To me, this looks like a blueprint for the beginning of the end. A while back I voiced the opinion that if we thought the SFA/SPL's featherbedding of Rangers (in whatever guise) made us want to throw up we haven't seen anything.

That BBC report sums it up. The battle/debate between the idealists and the pragmatists can begin.

If the plan is approved, suddenly this newco has a business basis on which to build (leaving aside their many other problems). And the entire game in this country will have been sacrificed to give them that.

As far as I'm aware from comments by the chairman and manager, just a week or two ago Thistle were progressing optimistically into a new season despite the tough economic circumstances we all face. Now we'll be told that without this poisonous fix to propel Rangers back up into the SPL as soon as humanly possible, we would not be able to survive. That's the big lie we're about to be sold.

Given that choice, then I'd rather not survive.

And if it goes ahead, they'll have to survive without me.

Reconsidering my previous response to Maxi. I think my only option at this point to make the point more forcibly is that I do want my season ticket refunded now. I'll buy it again later if this ends as we would wish.

To me, this looks like a blueprint for the beginning of the end. A while back I voiced the opinion that if we thought the SFA/SPL's featherbedding of Rangers (in whatever guise) made us want to throw up we haven't seen anything.

That BBC report sums it up. The battle/debate between the idealists and the pragmatists can begin.

Don't see this as between idealists and pragmatists. I think it is more pragmatic to be against the Newco. There are lots of reasons both financial (long term admittedly, short term a hit for some clubs), football wise and socially why we should be against the Newco. I'd say it's between those who are thinking of the long term good of the game and a proper re-organisation against those who see a quick buck and don't give a damn about the game's future.

Not to mention that it would be good for our country morally and socially if RFC and any b*stard child of it was gone for good. I suppose that's too much to hope for but if it were long term damaged and weakened that would still be good too.

It is an utter disgrace that the SFA know fine well what it would take to improve Scottish Football but are holding us to ransom over this.

Exactly. If all of this is so good for Scottish football, let's see them take Rangers out of it and stand by the proposals.

Vomit-inducing. They really have gone and killed the game to reanimate a corpse.

[email protected]

[email protected]

Woudl suggest everyone gets emailing them and make them aware of how you feel about this.

Just done. A bit rushed but ....

I read today (BBC) of detailed plans that appear to be dependent on a rangers/newco being allowed entry into the second league tier of Scottish Football. I am a long standing proponent of league reconstruction but I'm appalled at any attempt to show preferential treatment to rangers/newco.

I want to make it clear that if any semblance of such a move against sporting integrity is ever implemented I will cease paying to watch football in this country. The same can be said for my son and who knows any further generation.

I've been attending football matches since 1961 and my son since 1996. We are both supporters of a current SFL Div 1 club and both season ticket holders. We're holding back on purchase of our season tickets, which is sadly not helping the club that we both love and support, but there comes a time when you have to make a stand.

I sincerely trust you realise the temporary damage you're doing to the game to even countenance what would be no more than a shoddy sell out and huge slap in the face to the word "sport" in this country. Moreover I sincerely trust you are aware of the lasting damage any implementation would bring.

I am disgusted. Disgusted to be associated with Scottish football. Disgusted to have supported its corrupt system for closing in on two decades. Disgusted that the game I love is completely and utterly poisoned in this country.

Let's not forget that putting these scumbags into the Third Division is a compromise of sorts too. They should be abolished.

I am disgusted. Disgusted to be associated with Scottish football. Disgusted to have supported its corrupt system for closing in on two decades. Disgusted that the game I love is completely and utterly poisoned in this country.

Let's not forget that putting these scumbags into the Third Division is a compromise of sorts too. They should be abolished.

They have been/are being abolished. Newco has bought the assets and, presumably, will have to buy the rights to the Rangers brand. I assume that the brand rights are owned by oldco. Newco, or whatever the new club is called, must satisfy the existing criteria for entry to the SFL, i.e. those met by Annan and (presumably) Spartans.

Just done. A bit rushed but ....

I read today (BBC) of detailed plans that appear to be dependent on a rangers/newco being allowed entry into the second league tier of Scottish Football. I am a long standing proponent of league reconstruction but I'm appalled at any attempt to show preferential treatment to rangers/newco.

I want to make it clear that if any semblance of such a move against sporting integrity is ever implemented I will cease paying to watch football in this country. The same can be said for my son and who knows any further generation.

I've been attending football matches since 1961 and my son since 1996. We are both supporters of a current SFL Div 1 club and both season ticket holders. We're holding back on purchase of our season tickets, which is sadly not helping the club that we both love and support, but there comes a time when you have to make a stand.

I sincerely trust you realise the temporary damage you're doing to the game to even countenance what would be no more than a shoddy sell out and huge slap in the face to the word "sport" in this country. Moreover I sincerely trust you are aware of the lasting damage any implementation would bring.

Excellent M'Lady...I have sent one off to the relevant authorities, shorter and straight to the point. Told them that they would be responsible for the death of loads of SFL clubs just to save the biggest sectarian. bigotted, cheating team in the country and hope that they will be able to sleep at night if this happens!!

If this goes ahead then I am done .. Not only here but the Tartan Army has one less follower as well ..Mr Beattie is at the moment between a rock and a hard place and I sympathise with him ,but he must realise that he to do the correct and moral deed and say NO to cheats.

Looks like I was wrong when I suggested this might have been a bit of a re-hash by the BBC. --

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/rangers-newco-to-play-in-division-one-report-1-2381430?commentspage=0

At least now we know who's behind it: Longmuir, Reagan and Doncaster. Don't know about that comment from Petrie though ... why would he do the approaching and not one of the "gang of three"??

However this is far from a done deal. And the timeline for it is very, very tight. Possibly one reason they have gone public now is that Green must have been thinking of packing it in (I mean giving up on getting a team together to sell off,and flogging all the assets instead). This must be meant to re-assure him. Though circumstances may be beyond the control of any of them.

Would any folk accept this if Newco were to go into Div 3 and not Div 1?

Looks like I was wrong when I suggested this might have been a bit of a re-hash by the BBC. --

http://www.scotsman....?commentspage=0

At least now we know who's behind it: Longmuir, Reagan and Doncaster. Don't know about that comment from Petrie though ... why would he do the approaching and not one of the "gang of three"??

However this is far from a done deal. And the timeline for it is very, very tight. Possibly one reason they have gone public now is that Green must have been thinking of packing it in (I mean giving up on getting a team together to sell off,and flogging all the assets instead). This must be meant to re-assure him. Though circumstances may be beyond the control of any of them.

No, not even Division 3!

Newco is ineligible for the SFL and should play in the Juniors or another league that wants it. They would be able apply to the SFL (providing they meet the criteria) when the next vacancy occurs.

Edited by kni

http://www.scotsman....?commentspage=0

Personaly I would accept it if it meant NEWCO kicked off in Div 3, which means it would be 2016 at best before they could be back in the SPHell. Pretty sure they would struggle to survive

Edited by Lindau

Personaly I would accept it if it meant NEWCO kicked off in Div 3, which means it would be 2016 at best before they could be back in the SPHell. Pretty sure they would struggle to survive

Why should Newco be given preferential treatment over clubs like Spartans? It does not meet the SFL's entry criteria.

Why should Newco be given preferential treatment over clubs like Spartans? It does not meet the SFL's entry criteria.

Spartans have said they will not apply. NEWCO takes their chance with any other team that wants to apply for the spare place

Spartans have said they will not apply. NEWCO takes their chance with any other team that wants to apply for the spare place

Newco does not meet the criteria and should not be admitted to Division 3. If no qualified club wants the spare place this season, the vacancy would remain until a suitable club(s) applies.

Newco does not meet the criteria and should not be admitted to Division 3. If no qualified club wants the spare place this season, the vacancy would remain until a suitable club(s) applies.

You know and I know, some form of the Southside Abomination will be in either Tier 2 or Tier 4 next season. I will not accept 2 but will accept 4. If they lose the vote to get into 4, no one will be happier than me, but sadly I cant see that happening!!

"Rangers are to be relegated with immediate effect and replaced in the SPL by Dundee"

THEY CAN'T BE RELEGATED BECAUSE THEY DON'T EXIST!

Sorry to be so repetitious but that part is simply ridiculous. Talk about rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic. If this gets voted through by our club it'll be the end of Thistle.

"Rangers are to be relegated with immediate effect and replaced in the SPL by Dundee"

THEY CAN'T BE RELEGATED BECAUSE THEY DON'T EXIST!

Sorry to be so repetitious but that part is simply ridiculous. Talk about rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic. If this gets voted through by our club it'll be the end of Thistle.

Unless Newco is getting Oldcos SPL shareholding, you're correct...on both counts.

They meet the criteria for application to SFL3 , well they should by the time the application is due to go in. The 3 years accounts rule can be waived at the discretion of the SFL so you can be sure that one is waived, after that its a majority vote for the clubs that choose to apply.

Would like nothing more than for them to apply and not get voted in but it wont happen :(