Dearest Michelle

My dear Michelle, a conversation with my butler prompted me to write this letter. I hope life in the Partick Thistle PR office is treating you well.

I'm frightfully worried about news about town, so I'd be awfully grateful if you could confirm a few things for me:

1. I heard a dreadful rumour that you might be in favour of the thing they seem to call 'newco'. Is this true ?

2. My butler was speaking to his journalist acquaintance within the Glasgow Herald, and allegedly you expressed support for this 'newco' in SFL1 to his fellow scribe from the Times

3. Are your own views in line with Club policy on 'newco'; and indeed are they reflective of the wider Partick Thistle fanbase?

I do gather from speaking to Lord Rosebury that you are very new to the role, having previously been opposed to fan ownership at the Saints of Mirrin. Therefore it is entirely understandable that you don't fully appreciate the Partick Thistle history and our values around sporting integrity. In which case I commend you to seek their opinions.

Respectfully yours,

Wemyss

Oaft. Can open, worms everywhere.

Yikes. If this is true then the Comms function at the Club is speaking against what Mr Beattie has said most recently. I wouldnt like to be in her shoes whoever she is....never a great idea to voice yer own feelings to a hack.

My dear Michelle, a conversation with my butler prompted me to write this letter. I hope life in the Partick Thistle PR office is treating you well.

I'm frightfully worried about news about town, so I'd be awfully grateful if you could confirm a few things for me:

1. I heard a dreadful rumour that you might be in favour of the thing they seem to call 'newco'. Is this true ?

2. My butler was speaking to his journalist acquaintance within the Glasgow Herald, and allegedly you expressed support for this 'newco' in SFL1 to his fellow scribe from the Times

3. Are your own views in line with Club policy on 'newco'; and indeed are they reflective of the wider Partick Thistle fanbase?

I do gather from speaking to Lord Rosebury that you are very new to the role, having previously been opposed to fan ownership at the Saints of Mirrin. Therefore it is entirely understandable that you don't fully appreciate the Partick Thistle history and our values around sporting integrity. In which case I commend you to seek their opinions.

Respectfully yours,

Wemyss

Madam Dowager

There is currently no view either for or against Newco at PTFC - the Club is not lobbying members of the Fourth Estate in any official or unofficial capacity.

Compliments to your Butler on his connections .

Yours In Thistle

Jordanhill Jag GBH - Scarred ,Barred - Whisky and Water.

Dear James,

I appreciate your loyalty as a subject of the realm. But I do believe my butler has on very good account from a certain Master Christopher Jack that the aforesaid lady Evans did speak out quite forthrightly in favour of this 'newco' scheme.

I have not heard back from her ladyship, but it is rather a peculiar situation when she speaketh her mind in a way that might seen to be ill advised in this political climate.

I do have to ask myself, as Lord Rosebury reminds me, is she Partick-minded or just a waif cast aside from the Saints of Mirren who could no longer tolerate her views in football as money over integrity?

I await further developments,

Yours respectfully.

Wemyss

So did 'Michelle' come as a package deal with Hugh Murray from St Mirren then???

By the way, is this another episode in the fans' favourite sport of being unhappy with things and trashing everything and everyone connected with the club?

Edited by McKennan

By the way, is this another episode in the fans' favourite sport of being unhappy with things and trashing everything and everyone connected with the club?

Can't speak for others about what you allege but i'm led to believe the Countess' story is correct.

Openly describes herself as a St Mirren fan, which has absolutely no bearing on how well or otherwise she does her job for PTFC. Plenty of other clubs fans playing for us so no different.

However, as a fan of St Mirren why is she telling an office full of folk about why PTFC should be in favour of a Newco.

If there had been a decision made by the BOD about what they were doing then she would be doing a fantastic PR job. However....

Can't speak for others about what you allege but i'm led to believe the Countess' story is correct.

Openly describes herself as a St Mirren fan, which has absolutely no bearing on how well or otherwise she does her job for PTFC. Plenty of other clubs fans playing for us so no different.

However, as a fan of St Mirren why is she telling an office full of folk about why PTFC should be in favour of a Newco.

If there had been a decision made by the BOD about what they were doing then she would be doing a fantastic PR job. However....

Erm ... where was the allegation I made? Where was the alligator?

I would imagine Michelle can have any opinion she likes and air it wherever she likes as long as it doesn't conflict with whatever is written in her contract of employment with the club. If she's stating club policy would the gentlemen of the gentlemen's club please tell us.

:D

Erm ... where was the allegation I made? Where was the alligator?

I would imagine Michelle can have any opinion she likes and air it wherever she likes as long as it doesn't conflict with whatever is written in her contract of employment with the club. If she's stating club policy would the gentlemen of the gentlemen's club please tell us.

:D

Was talking bout the fans favourite sport comment :)

Agree 100% with rest of post.

Liked the comment on other thread about who is advising them on PR in regards to the 3 statements made now.

I wonder.... :D

McKennan, who is trashing the Club?

I was initially sceptical when I read the OP, but I've asked a few folk and it appears to reflect a situation that happened.

I don't know the lady concerned and of course everyone is entitled to have a persoal opinion. The difficulty arises if you are acting as an official communicator for the club and you express a strong view to a hack, a view that runs counter to the Club position of 'no comment'. That strikes me as naive at the least, if not rather clumsy and potentially dangerous at such a sensitive political time. Are you happy to accept this as ok?

Any trashing of the Club is more likely to come from hacks with their own agenda, who will be delighted to use unofficial opinion from the Club Comms person.

McKennan, who is trashing the Club?

Sandy, I've been following 'the Thistle internet' for many years, a few stone, some hair and lots of games now.

I have perceived a pattern of sorts since the late 1990s that goes something along these lines:

one major event shows the club up - individual director gets in the neck - entire board gets it in the neck - commercial staff gets it in the neck - press officer gets it in the neck - manager gets it in the neck - individual player gets it in the neck - entire squad gets it in the neck - groundsman gets it in the neck - groundshare deal gets it in the neck - person who points out that groundshare brings in revenue gets it in the neck for pointing out the obvious - the weather gets it in the neck for crap playing surface - club shop gets it in the neck for being out of rain jackets - Greaves gets it in the neck - Puma gets it in the neck for crap leisurewear - around about this time someone points out the fans trust hasn't complained about all of the above but no-one volunteers to try and do better - Dick Campbell gets it in the neck for being Dick Campbell ...

... And so it goes. All these elements are interchangeable. Somewhere in there I complain about the coffee.

:happy2::innocent:

So she threw her toys out the pram. Her views may be objectionable to most Thistle fans. That is something for her employers at Firhill to consider.

Given that Firhill is hardly a sprawling metropolis, it will be pretty easy to work out who witnessed the incident. If he (or she) had then posted as the Countess of Wemyss that would be fair enough. A wee bit of gossip for us saddos to feast on.

It would be very sad, if the thread was started by someone who had got the info third hand and that someone then contributed to the thread under another name. Kind of like "talking" to themselves.

Wouldn't it Countess?

Dearest Singe Rouge,

I do not think I have made your acquaintance to date, but I shall ask Lord Rosebury to check my social engagements over the next 5 weeks and then invite you for a game of croquet.

It does somewhat amuse me to read your epistle. I fear you know nothing of the incident and the reliability of the witnesses, for they are of upstanding character and deportment.

You, sir, must be a very noble gentlemen for to have never posted in the forum after receipt of third-hand information.

Perhaps if you have time on your hands, you should investigate the Saints of Mirrin storyline, for it makes for fascinating fireside conversation.

Yours,

Wemyss

Sorry, but as I understand it, Michelle was originally brought in to do PR for 1 day a week. Let's not forget how tough the finances at PTFC are currently. This was the main reason why the one thistle scheme was such a great idea - fans of the club utilising their skills on a voluntary basis, therefor saving the club money. The fact that Michelle is now full time at the club (5 days a week) concerns me greatly. As someone who has already committed themselves to the one thistle team I would ask where the club has found the money for this. I would also like to know what the future now holds for one thistle, as Michelle was not in the picture when the idea was conceived. I was feeling extremely positive about about the club for the first time in many years, and was greatly looking forward to being involved in the move to the north stand and other future initiatives. Things, however, seem to have ground to a halt in that respect. Obviously the situation with newco has not helped things.

Having never met Michelle I would like to make clear that my concerns are not personal. However, the fact that she actively tried to stand in the way of fan ownership at St. Mirren makes me wonder what her attitude towards the fans of PTFC will be. Given that she is in charge of PR I would say it's pretty important that she has a positive relationship with the club's supporters.

If she is indeed in favour of newco then I would argue that this has the potential to be a complete and utter PR disaster for the club, so much so that we could be talking about a newco ourselves in the not too distant future.

Sorry, but as I understand it, Michelle was originally brought in to do PR for 1 day a week. Let's not forget how tough the finances at PTFC are currently. This was the main reason why the one thistle scheme was such a great idea - fans of the club utilising their skills on a voluntary basis, therefor saving the club money. The fact that Michelle is now full time at the club (5 days a week) concerns me greatly. As someone who has already committed themselves to the one thistle team I would ask where the club has found the money for this. I would also like to know what the future now holds for one thistle, as Michelle was not in the picture when the idea was conceived. I was feeling extremely positive about about the club for the first time in many years, and was greatly looking forward to being involved in the move to the north stand and other future initiatives. Things, however, seem to have ground to a halt in that respect. Obviously the situation with newco has not helped things.

Having never met Michelle I would like to make clear that my concerns are not personal. However, the fact that she actively tried to stand in the way of fan ownership at St. Mirren makes me wonder what her attitude towards the fans of PTFC will be. Given that she is in charge of PR I would say it's pretty important that she has a positive relationship with the club's supporters.

If she is indeed in favour of newco then I would argue that this has the potential to be a complete and utter PR disaster for the club, so much so that we could be talking about a newco ourselves in the not too distant future.

Ian, perhaps the two parts of your post that I've highlighted might give you and I and other fans cause to wonder which part actually reflects the true situation. Maybe Michelle is an employee of a company associated with Thistle?

Edited by McKennan

Ian, perhaps the two parts of your post that I've highlighted might give you and I and other fans cause to wonder which part actually reflects the true situation. Maybe Michelle is an employee of a company associated with Thistle?

That's not the arrangement as I understand things McKennan. If you know differently then fair enough. But it is my understanding that she is on the payroll of PTFC.