Newco In Sfl1. Time To Crank Up The Pressure? Boycott?

Reading the other thread it is clear that the overwhelming majority oppose it. It's time the chairman met the fans to discuss it. OneThistle should facilitate that immediately. None of this "there's no decision to make" nonsense.

In the absence of that meeting maybe we need to focus the mind of the board. The only thing they recognise is cash.

So perhaps it's time to call a temporary boycott on season tickets, kit and boot advertising, hospitality bookings? Those with small business who who normally spend on hospitality, advertising etc ?

Suspension of direct debits to the centenary club?

Those of us who are customers of Thistle minded sponsors, might want to remind them of the strength of feeling amongst the support and ask them to intervene?

Normally boycotts aren't my thing. However it's only temporary. Do the right thing and the board can have the cash as normal.

Thoughts?

It already seems quite clear that more than just a few people are holding back on renewing or buying a new season ticket until things are resolved. There's no shortage of statements on this forum about walking away if the club votes in favour admitting a newco directly into the 1st Division, and more than a few have also e-mailed Mr Beattie or the Club to express this.

If the message isn't already getting through, then I don't see that it will ever get through, until maybe it's too late, and the club discovers that the supporters weren't bluffing.

I can see the difference between a boycott now to bring the point home as opposed to what will happen later which is not a boycott, but is the complete abandonment of football by a lot of people who love it but hate what's being done. But I'd agree that if they haven't heard the message now, they're just not listening.

Re a meeting with the board, why would they? As I've said to others:

They're in favour of selling out to newco. The fans aren't.

They don't care what you think. (I'm amazed this is still seen as a controversial statement.)

They will have a secret vote.

If you were in their shoes, would you stand up in front of a few hundred fans and try to sell them this?

I think the number of people holding back on season ticket purchase should be enough to get them worried.

Pretty much certain we will get a "we listened and voted no" message on Tuesday after the SFL meeting. As much as they arent saying what we want them to say they are not complete idiots.

My regret in this is I thought I was doing the right thing and helping the club by renewing my season ticket and player sponsorship early.

I am now regretting doing this because of our boards refusal to come out and support the views of the fans inviting No to the newco in Div 1

The only thing I can threaten to stop is my Centenary club me membership

But if the club vote yes to newco I'll follow junior football

As posted in other threads, make your views known by email to [email protected], and give notice that should the club not state publically they have listened to their supporters and will not vote for any form of newco/sevco/pishco in SFL1/SPL2, you will be seeking full reimbursement for season ticket and player sponsorship. Others have already had responses indicating refunds will be given, as long as refund request is made before 1st game of the season.

My regret in this is I thought I was doing the right thing and helping the club by renewing my season ticket and player sponsorship early.

I am now regretting doing this because of our boards refusal to come out and support the views of the fans inviting No to the newco in Div 1

Already contemplating Newlandsfield for my football next season. The Thistle Board's vote will be the clincher

As posted in other threads, make your views known by email to [email protected], and give notice that should the club not state publically they have listened to their supporters and will not vote for any form of newco/sevco/pishco in SFL1/SPL2, you will be seeking full reimbursement for season ticket and player sponsorship. Others have already had responses indicating refunds will be given, as long as refund request is made before 1st game of the season.

well if the deadline for refunds of paid season tickets is before 1st game of season, I really hope the club make their view known before then ! :innocent2:

I'm OK with them waiting till after Tuesday's meeting but I expect an answer by the latest Wednesday!

I think AH has posted elsewhere that the club have confirmed you can get a refund on your season ticket - sponsorship may also be the same. So you shouldn't be out of pocket if/ when you switch to the juniors.

• Members

well if the deadline for refunds of paid season tickets is before 1st game of season, I really hope the club make their view known before then ! :innocent2:

I'm OK with them waiting till after Tuesday's meeting but I expect an answer by the latest Wednesday!

Why wait for the Board to make a decision? Take a refund now. You can always re-buy it nearer the season start if the Board respect the fans wishes. I reckon if enough folk that have already bought their ticket ask for a refund now, the Board are more likely to listen to what the fans want.

Why wait for the Board to make a decision? Take a refund now. You can always re-buy it nearer the season start if the Board respect the fans wishes. I reckon if enough folk that have already bought their ticket ask for a refund now, the Board are more likely to listen to what the fans want.

Good point, Will.

Rangers appear to be heading for the Third Division after Dunfermline Athletic, Falkirk and Partick Thistle joined Morton and in saying they would vote against the Ibrox "newco" being allowed into Division One.

Full story:Daily Mail 

Anyone notice this on BBC today?

Rangers appear to be heading for the Third Division after Dunfermline Athletic, Falkirk and Partick Thistle joined Morton and in saying they would vote against the Ibrox "newco" being allowed into Division One.

The PA probably took this from last night's Evening Times to which they admitted the story was wrong.

Still a big 'no comment' from our custodians.

I did, but I couldn't see any reference to the Jags in the Daily Mail text. Was there one?

Express also

Dunfermline, Raith Rovers, Falkirk, Partick Thistle and Morton have all announced they will vote against the SFL compromise deal

Send an e-mail asking for a refund. Stop your direct debit to the centenary fund and e-mail the club. Delay buying that new kit and let the club and Greaves know why.

All of these choices can be reversed when the club say no to newco. To continue to give the BoD money, is to condone their inaction.

E-mailed to day:

I look forward to our Board's announcement on this matter.

I will be looking for 2 KEY statements.

1. A very strongly worded resounding rejection of this crass Proposal document

2. A reasoned apology to the Thistle Fan base and Scottish Football fans generally for the time is has taken to make such a response.

The tone of this communication HAS GOT TO BE RIGHT to re-engage a host of disappointed Thistle Fans.

Already contemplating Newlandsfield for my football next season. The Thistle Board's vote will be the clincher

If the board doesn't do the right thing, (why won't they tell their fans?) I'll be heading to Pollok FC, too.

'Mon the 'Lok!

Hi 

I would like to point out the loss of 2 season tickets until the board speak out. I am also now very close to not returning at all as the way in which the supporters have been treated over this matter is simply a disgrace.

I don't expect a reply to this email as my last 6 have fell on deaf ears, I do however expect the club I have followed all my life to say no to newco.

Regards 

Almost lost for good jags fan + 1