Team For Saturday

Alan Murray

As an aside I was under the impression that playing trialists wasn't allowed in the Challenge Cup? Was that the case and if so is that still the rule? Reason I ask Kerosene Thingy on STV was spouting off that sevco could play trialists if their game goes ahead.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

As an aside I was under the impression that playing trialists wasn't allowed in the Challenge Cup? Was that the case and if so is that still the rule? Reason I ask Kerosene Thingy on STV was spouting off that sevco could play trialists if their game goes ahead.

The rule has been changed recently to allow 2 trialists in the 1st round of the Challenge Cup. It makes sense since a lot of teams haven't got their entire squad signed up for the season yet.

Fox

Paton Muirhead Archibald

O'Donnell.............................Sinclair

Erskine Murray Welsh Lawless

Doolan

Subs: Wightman, Bannigan, Craigan, Elliot, McGuigan.

That would leave us with a good bench to pick from. I hadn't realised how much versatility we have in the squad. Paton and Muirhead can both play in a back three, at RWB or in the centre of midfield. O'Donnell and Sinclair can play anywhere up their preferred side. Erskine can fill in up top, aswell as playing outwide or just in behind the forward, as can Lawless. Welsh can play anywhere across the midfield, and I'm sure he played at both RB and CB during his loans spells elsewhere. Then on the bench, you've got Bannigan who looks as if he can play ust about anywhere on the park with ease, Elliot who can play outwide or through the middle, and Craigan who looks as if he can play in any sort of attacking role.

Edited by Santana