Hello Hello

Mojo4171

With the onset of a new season and a new feeling of optimism, further attempts to attract our lost support and attract the OF fans who are sick of the crap we experienced over the summer is it time to ditch hello hello? I know it is bit of a battle him to show that we are not tainted by the Sectarianism of the OF but if we are to grow our support and to encourage a new generation of Jags fans I think it has to go. Thoughts?

For once I'm going to be reactionary, this song is not, has not and cannot to my mind be construed as sectarian or bigoted in any shape or form. To do so requires the listenerto consrue klayers of meaning that aren.t actually present, I would be confident that it does not breach any lawa or guideline known to me.

Truthfully it's simply another red herring aired by our wonderfully obfuscative media when any action is being muted against sectarianism, Principally, to abort any such action.

For once I'm going to be reactionary, this song is not, has not and cannot to my mind be construed as sectarian or bigoted in any shape or form. To do so requires the listenerto consrue klayers of meaning that aren.t actually present, I would be confident that it does not breach any lawa or guideline known to me.

Truthfully it's simply another red herring aired by our wonderfully obfuscative media when any action is being muted against sectarianism, Principally, to abort any such action.

As always, it's down to the interpretation the monitor/listener/offended puts on the song.

The thorties have made much of stamping out sectarian songs and chants. Typically for Scottish football, the first team outside of the usual suspects to be hauled up for it will be hammered. It's unlikely to be Sevco, it's unlikely to be Celtic. I wouldn't bet on Hertz or Team Two Time Administration either.

It'll be a team like Thistle. Fines, points deducted and a 'look the other way' campaign from the 'press' - any that are interested, of course.

Sing what you like but just remember, there is no right way in Scottish football.

If people are too stupid to grasp the meaning of the song, that's their problem.

We'll sing what we want.

Exactly. On both points.

Again, exactly. FTMSM

give me a break......lets not ditch the song as for me and I no doubt lots of my Generation it was there for one reason and one reason only to get it right up the old firm...especially for all those times when you were either a ****** or Orange B just because you had the audacity to support the Jags and not them F.T.O.F. I really hate them all with a passion. So for me the song stays and quite simply if you dont want to sing it then......dont

If people are too stupid to grasp the meaning of the song, that's their problem.

We'll sing what we want.

Agreed...but just incase what McKennan says below comes to fruition, perhaps we could do a couple of things. 1) We seek clarity on this matter. 2) We change the last line to 'we're Glasgows only (or favourite) football team' until such times as we get clarity

As always, it's down to the interpretation the monitor/listener/offended puts on the song.

The thorties have made much of stamping out sectarian songs and chants. Typically for Scottish football, the first team outside of the usual suspects to be hauled up for it will be hammered. It's unlikely to be Sevco, it's unlikely to be Celtic. I wouldn't bet on Hertz or Team Two Time Administration either.

It'll be a team like Thistle. Fines, points deducted and a 'look the other way' campaign from the 'press' - any that are interested, of course.

Sing what you like but just remember, there is no right way in Scottish football.

I've never liked the song and don't sing it, but I don't think there's anything wrong with it. It's simply a statement of neutrality, and in a city where football is scarred by the old firm and all the baggage associated with them that's an important statement to make