Just In

uberteeb

Madcap, the league is the priority but it is important not to get results that are demotivating so early in the season.Remember the abuse that the players and manager got after the draw at Culter last year. In my opinion, it was a risk making so many changes but thankfully we survived. I also am encouraged that the players haven't got their heads down after losing some goals.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the criticism aimed at the performances of some of the players on Tuesday night is way over the top.

Craigen especially. Fair enough he faded in and out of the game but the guy created three goals for god sake. Scully too, for some he's always to blame.

Remember the abuse that the players and manager got after the draw at Culter last year.

Yes, all too well. Shouts such as "f'in disgrace" and "shocking" were way over the top that day.

Edited by northernsoul

Some of the criticism aimed at the performances of some of the players on Tuesday night is way over the top.

Craigen especially. Fair enough he faded in and out of the game but the guy created three goals for god sake. Scully too, for some he's always to blame.

I don't think any of the comments regarding Scully are over the top, apart from perhaps some that were made in the immediate aftermath of the game. In fact, most are right on the money - lacks experience and requires a loan deal to get games. Considering he's played only a handful of games for us, to suggest "for some, he's always to blame" is a strange comment.

For me, the highlights show that Scully can take a fair share of the blame for all the goals. At first, I thought the opening goal was just a great hit (which it was) but look how far off his line Scully is. Same for the second. The third goal resulted from a free-kick; once that was initially cleared, a goalkeeper should be absolutely screaming for his defence to get out and push up which Scully never did and as a result he's blinded because Muirhead is defending, more or less, in his six-yard box. The positioning of the wall for the fourth is poor which again is a goalkeeper's responsibility. I thought the shot went through the wall but he's left the gap at the side for Little to aim at.

He's a young boy, especially for a goalkeeper, but that doesn't detract from the fact he put in a poor performance.

Edited by Armand2