Just In

uberteeb

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jackie has given Balatoni, McGuigan and Craigen two year contracts. Elliot is in the second year of his contract. Is the manager wasting the club's money on duds?

Talk about an over-reaction! Balatoni is absolutely fine as defensive back-up. He looked a little shaky tonight but was being asked to play on the left hand side of defence when he isn't left footed. McGuigan has probably only had about 5 or 6 starts for us and in that time has bagged a couple of goals and shown that he has definite potential, whilst this was only Craigen's first ever start and despite being relatively quiet he put in a lovely cross for Elliott's goal. Yet you are willing to label them all as duds already? Just be quiet.

A win is a win I guess.

The team was weakened so this suggests to me Jackie thought this should be an easy game. It wasn't but if anything it showed tonight that Scully needs to go out on loan and gain some exp and confidence, He is not our back up goalie and we need to get someone in who has a bit more experience.

I`m just in from game and mighty relieved we got there in the end. Biggest disappointment for me was the abuse hurled at some of our own players by so called "fans". Do you honestly think any player goes out to perform badly? It certainly wont help when they get barracked every move they make.Also certain players are fans favourites and in their eyes can do no wrong . But please guys give everyone the same support and we will see improvements.Looking forward to Sat now.

Normally I would agree but Jackie made a huge mistake tonight with that team and it really wasn't acceptable. I think fans were right to be frustrated and angry. We should be beating an amateur 3rd division team by 3 or 4 goals.

Also Fans being chucked out for swearing is a bit too much imo. Singing and having a laugh clearly wasn't allowed! Although moving people up that back was a good idea! :)

The queues at the turnstiles were a joke, probably shown by the fact KO was delayed and it wasn't clear what was a kids gate or adults gate. Just a shambles!

A win is a win I guess!

Talk about an over-reaction! Balatoni is absolutely fine as defensive back-up. He looked a little shaky tonight but was being asked to play on the left hand side of defence when he isn't left footed. McGuigan has probably only had about 5 or 6 starts for us and in that time has bagged a couple of goals and shown that he has definite potential, whilst this was only Craigen's first ever start and despite being relatively quiet he put in a lovely cross for Elliott's goal. Yet you are willing to label them all as duds already? Just be quiet.

I find it quite worrying that Elliot, McGuigan and Craigen looked so poor against a third division team. Balatoni looked poor, we probably lacked Archie's experience in there, but at least at times he has demonstrated he can handle 1st division football. The other three for me will need to up it big time.

A win is a win I guess.

The team was weakened so this suggests to me Jackie thought this should be an easy game. It wasn't but if anything it showed tonight that Scully needs to go out on loan and gain some exp and confidence, He is not our back up goalie and we need to get someone in who has a bit more experience.

Normally I would agree but Jackie made a huge mistake tonight with that team and it really wasn't acceptable. I think fans were right to be frustrated and angry. We should be beating an amateur 3rd division team by 3 or 4 goals.

Also Fans being chucked out for swearing is a bit too much imo. Singing and having a laugh clearly wasn't allowed! Although moving people up that back was a good idea! :)

The queues at the turnstiles were a joke, probably shown by the fact KO was delayed and it wasn't clear what was a kids gate or adults gate. Just a shambles!

A win is a win I guess!

That's where it went wrong. Children shouldn't be allowed at football matches.

Jackie has given Balatoni, McGuigan and Craigen two year contracts. Elliot is in the second year of his contract. Is the manager wasting the club's money on duds?

FFS give the guys a chance McGuigan and Craigen have just stepped up from university level , remember the same was said when we signed Doolan and Erskine from junior clubs. Craigen set up the first two goals tonight

Elliot everyone was raving about him in the preseason games, again a very young lad making a big step

Thought Craigen and Muirhead cost us a goal each tonight , Craigen missplaced a pass to the QP player who ran about 5 yds and lobbed Scully , great finish. Muirhead was defo at fault for the 3rd as he missed the tackle and Scully was wrong footed as the ball went into the corner.

Scully skuffed a backpass in the first minute and his confidence went from there although I dont think he was at fault for anything bar the free kick which appeared to go right through the wall. He really needs to go on loan to get a consistent run of games , he has the potential but needs the game time badly and at the moment he wont get that at Thistle.

Strange in that although we didnt really have a horrendous perfomance we still shipped 4 goals.It really showed that the team that was put out tonight has very little experience. JM should have a wee look at his team selection and see that he took QP too lightly and we got very lucky and hopefully learn from that. Also shows that when we remove 4 or 5 from our first 11 we will struggle , although I dont think we ar any different to any other team in our league in that regard.

Still 5-4 games are something you dont see very often , glad I went , nerves now returning to normal :D

That was without a doubt the most mental Thistle match I have ever witnessed. Some outstanding goals in an off the scale up and down, frustrating and entertaining match.

I always wondered what it was like to have seen Martin Hardie's winning double in stoppage time up in Inverness, when we got promoted 10 years ago. Now I do, Challenge cup or not. Mental scenes at the end and just a huge relief to have won that in 90 minutes.

I always wondered what it was like to have seen Martin Hardie's winning double in stoppage time up in Inverness, when we got promoted 10 years ago. Now I do, Challenge cup or not. Mental scenes at the end and just a huge relief to have won that in 90 minutes.

That ICT game tops tonight still for me, absolute daylight fooking robbery up there when we'd just heard Airdrie were losing and a win would've took us top of the league (IIRC).

Tonight, whilst mental and unbelievable, should have been out of sight against a pub team. Still total elation to have won.

Well that was a wee bit insane. We were pretty poor, and it seems we haven't learned lessons about underestimating teams. Regardless of quality, Queen's looked more up for it than we did and we need to stop going into games like this expecting a walkover.

We missed out experienced players. Archie and Shuggy are good at organising everything and we missed their influence today as everyone looked a bit shaky. Sculley has promise, but needs experience elsewhere. McGuigan never looked in it, while Elliot still fails to convince me. Still, that front line of Erskine, Lawless and Doolan looks very threatening, and I think McGuigan has promise.

Finally, top marks to the guy who scored Queen's first goal. That was an absolute stunner and I had no problem applauding it.