Partick Thistle Official History Book

potty trained

I remember talking to Robert Reid about the history book, and how it would be nice to get all the typing errors and miss-spelt Thistle players' names corrected. Apparently a 2nd edition would have cost a lot of money (although I don't see why it should).

A corrected, updated version would be excellent. As before, I'd happily give my 20 quid up front.

My dads got it, the ian archer book, I've not read it in years, but the thing that sticks out is even then the board were wanting to redevelop the ground. The plans in the book show a social club at the north end of the ground.

I remember sitting up at my gran n granda's probably around the time of the jim oliver plans and my dad and granda telling me how every few years the board come up with a new plan to rebuild the ground...

My dads got it, the ian archer book, I've not read it in years, but the thing that sticks out is even then the board were wanting to redevelop the ground. The plans in the book show a social club at the north end of the ground.

I remember sitting up at my gran n granda's probably around the time of the jim oliver plans and my dad and granda telling me how every few years the board come up with a new plan to rebuild the ground...

These days any plan seems to be how to reduce the ground as a football stadium.

There was a copy of the Thistle history in Oxfam books on Byres Road priced at £40. Was there for a few weeks but it must have sold.

They also had Robert Reid's book and The Jags? Both were priced just under £20.

I was down in Swansea a few years ago and they had an update to their history for about a tenner, in soft back.

Might be an idea to do one for the last twenty years of Thistle? I'd buy one for sure.