Last Game Party

Sam Leitch Loyal

I've been talking to the bod at Dumbarton who deals with hospitality and he's taking bookings for the last game of the season. Cost is £49 per person but the more that want to go the cheaper it becomes. Details of what you get for your roubles and kopeks below.

Who'd be up for it? I can sort things out so we'd all be together at the same table(s).

* Match Entry to the Bet Butler Stadium (via Main door to stadium)

* Access to Chivas Suite and Pay Bar

* 3-Course pre-match meal with wine

* Complimentary Team Sheet

* Half-time buffet

* Post match access to pay bar in Chivas Suite

If Thistle have the League won by then they could get well over 6,000 at Firhill. Wouldn't Dumbarton do better to agree to a switch for at least 50/50 gate money, or for both teams to swap around the venues for their next two matches?

Very good point and suggestion.

Has there ever been a precedent for this? I know cup ties have been moved in the past to larger grounds. Not sure if there has been a straight switch of venue though. Same goes with swapping the fixtures around?

Was there not talk of the Clyde cup game at the start of the season being played at Firhill but immediately knocked back as the SFL said it had to be a neutral venue if swapped at all? Not sure how this would transfer into a league situation. Swapping the last two games against them could work if allowed by the powers that be.

Edit to add: I wouldn't be in favour of swapping the last two games as the egg on face potential is monumental

Edited by Jagtastic
  • Like 1

If Thistle have the League won by then they could get well over 6,000 at Firhill. Wouldn't Dumbarton do better to agree to a switch for at least 50/50 gate money, or for both teams to swap around the venues for their next two matches?

I would imagine that Dunfermline would maybe have something to say about that. There's no way they'd be happy with us swapping fixtures around to leave us with 2 homes games to finish.

Might be all over by then anyway, might not be but if It were Dunfermline looking to do something similar i'd be against it as I wouldn't want them to be able to get any kind of advantage.

I would imagine that Dunfermline would maybe have something to say about that. There's no way they'd be happy with us swapping fixtures around to leave us with 2 homes games to finish.

Might be all over by then anyway, might not be but if It were Dunfermline looking to do something similar i'd be against it as I wouldn't want them to be able to get any kind of advantage.

"If we had won the league before the game".