Sigesige00

Jaggernaut

It would enhance our promotion experience to read Sigesige00's thoughts on how the season has panned out, and what the SPL needs to do to improve the spectacle next season.

From an email I rec'd this morning, I understand that the Great Man was at the Thistle reserves match against Queen's Pk at Lesser Hampden on Monday and had a word with Archie. The good news is that he's confirmed that he'll be staying in post next season. Networking with the manger and playing staff. Phew... flies and walls; I'll leave it at that!

Saturday will be Siego's final game of the season as he's obtained tickets for the IIRB rugby sevens at Scotstoun; but obviously sorting his jags fix by getting to as many reserve games as possible. And some have questioned his commitment to the cause of the Jaggy Thistle! Come on guys; he's very much one of us...

He closes by asking that our good friend Collins Out (fellow forum member) takes his place on the pitch at the end of the game. Mention was made of a team strip with SFL badges being sewn onto it. I'd go on but don't want to get my desert boots dirty. Why lie!

I'm with Ian_Mac btw, poll time?

Edited by Meister Jag
  • Like 1

Is he Japanese?

Do we have any chance of getting the Great Man to either a) lead a conga during the game on Saturday or B) Pop into the Star and Garter after the game and crowd surf round the pub?

This is our Dear Leader's last game of the season and he must go out in style.

Great idea! Siego watches the forum closely and occasionally sends emails regarding comments made about himself or other sports.

Talking of other sports, Siego's asked if anyone is going to a cricket match in Edinburgh - YB40 Scotland vs Essex on 12 May? He was wondering if he could meet up. Didn't know he was a fan of the bat and ball game but there you go... If interested, drop me a PM and I'll pass on contact details. I'm not a fan so of no personal interest.

The image of SS 00 crowd surfing around the Star and Garter as we belt out 'Oh Maryhill' would be a sight to behold.

In closing, I was hoping that Admin' may have been in a position to comment on SS 00's enforced sabbaticle; but nothing further to report.

In closing, I was hoping that Admin' may have been in a position to comment on SS 00's enforced sabbaticle; but nothing further to report.

To be frank, it's a shambles.

If he's banned sine die why can't someone post something along the lines of "The (not so) Great Man has been banned permanently and for good reasons in the opinion of the site owners/administrators. No further correspondence will be entered into and no further comment made by us".

What's so difficult?

Edited by H Wragg

If he's banned sine die why can't someone post something along the lines of "The (not so) Great Man has been banned permanently and for good reasons in the opinion of the site owners/administrators. No further correspondence will be entered into and no further comment made by us".

What's so difficult?

Agree. Just come out and clarify it for god's sake!

What's so difficult?

Agree. Just come out and clarify it for god's sake!

My own hope is that matters are in hand and that Admin' are about to make an announcement soon. The timing for a positive message is obviously now and I'm sure a few (the majority?) on the forum hope that this will see Siego returned to share his peculiar and unique take on all things PTFC; plus one or two other abstract musings on all kinds of sports.

Matters are obviously in the hands of Admin' and I hope they are able to show a degree of common sense and compassion. If they read this thread they will note that those who want Siego returned are doing it for reasons of compassion and to restore harmony and balance to the forum. As has been mentioned many times in this thread, we are talking about a real fan who is a character and who along with one of our younger fans (thread on the main forum) has shown that Thistle fans are drawn from many walks of life. would we have it any other way?

But with a return comes a degree of responsibility, and in return, I'd hope Siego would do his bit and leave the political rants to the real loonies (of which I'm probably guilty as charged!).

A quick closing point is that I understand that Siego is keen to make an appearance in the Star and Garter tomorrow. Forum member Collins Out will have the opportunity to lift him high and stand him a drink of the non-alcoholic variety. Get your cameras ready!

• Like 1

A quick closing point is that I understand that Siego is keen to make an appearance in the Star and Garter tomorrow. Forum member Collins Out will have the opportunity to lift him high and stand him a drink of the non-alcoholic variety. Get your cameras ready!

CO will have to be one hefty guy....

• Members

What's so difficult?

Why would admin make an exception for this poster? Others have been banned with no clamor to get them re-instated.

Anyway, I think I posted something along those lines already H. Perhaps you haven't read the full thread?

As it happens I understand admin are reconsidering re-instating Sige, however, I believe they have a life outside this forum, (more than can be said for some of us and I include myself in this!) and I can understand why they haven't got round to reinstating someone that has given them hassle in the past so quickly. They also do a fair bit for the Club and maybe their attention is more towards the vast majority of Jags fans than just the handful on here who are calling for his return.

Have a little patience.

Why would admin make an exception for this poster? Others have been banned with no clamor to get them re-instated.

They have no need to, but seeing as this particular poster's banning has created a 12 pager it would probably have been worth puting something out to clarify the situation, IMO.

Edit - The issue came to light when this thread was started in early December last year which kind of nullifies the 'haven't got round to it' and 'have a little patience' idea.

At the end of the day, whether he is reinstated or not is pretty much neither here nor there for me as I've never spoken to the guy.

Edited by H Wragg
  • Like 1

So a handful of people miss a guy and he should be reinstated no matter what he was banned for?

Willjag, take your point but this is all about rehabilitation and reintroduction to the forum. Be it under licence with or without a tag or on even on a forum ASBO. Siego gets a final chance and if he screws up then we've tried and failed. But the important thing is to give him a chance and to maybe accept that some things can be lost in translation and may come across as being unintentionally crude rude or harsh. In a nutshell, we all deserve another chance...

• Members

They have no need to, but seeing as this particular poster's banning has created a 12 pager it would probably have been worth puting something out to clarify the situation, IMO.

And the vast majority of these 12 pages have been posts by the same handful of people. Meister Jag and Jaggernaut have 79 posts alone on the subject and my posts take it past the 100 mark. 30 different posters have commented on the thread and not all in favour of him returning or even caring less and then some just to take the piss out of the guy! This forum has over 2000 registered members and less than 1% have asked for him to be reinstated??? I just don't get why Admin should have to explain why someone is banned?

And touching on the mickey taking, it could be argued that Admin are doing the guy a favour banning him. Funny how some of those shouting for his return never stood up for the guy when he was getting ripped to shreds at times on the forum.

And the vast majority of these 12 pages have been posts by the same handful of people. Meister Jag and Jaggernaut have 79 posts alone on the subject and my posts take it past the 100 mark. 30 different posters have commented on the thread and not all in favour of him returning or even caring less and then some just to take the piss out of the guy! This forum has over 2000 registered members and less than 1% have asked for him to be reinstated??? I just don't get why Admin should have to explain why someone is banned?

And touching on the mickey taking, it could be argued that Admin are doing the guy a favour banning him. Funny how some of those shouting for his return never stood up for the guy when he was getting ripped to shreds at times on the forum.

I go on record as saying that I frequently had a go; especially when he was talking about left-wing politics and some other stuff e.g. imperialist wars. As this is a discussion forum, outrageous views will often be aired that need to be challenged. Indeed, some of my own posts have seen me grabbing my tin hat.

But that isn't to say that I support the ban and the stance I've taken throughout was that Siego has served a suspension period so should be allowed back on. Most posts have been to act as prompts and to request a review of the ban. Nothing in life should be forever and people do change. But if Admin' as final arbiters say no then there it ends. Please don't take any of this as being a personal attack. It's not.

• Members

Willjag, take your point but this is all about rehabilitation and reintroduction to the forum. Be it under licence with or without a tag or on even on a forum ASBO. Siego gets a final chance and if he screws up then we've tried and failed. But the important thing is to give him a chance and to maybe accept that some things can be lost in translation and may come across as being unintentionally crude rude or harsh. In a nutshell, we all deserve another chance...

I appreciate the fact that you are clearly at least reading between the lines MJ. Thanks for that.

The chance of reinstatement thing has only arisen in the past week or so. However, it may have escaped some people's notice, but it's been quite a week this past week. I'd imagine Sige is well down the list of priorities. He'll need to be made aware of what's allowed and what isn't and he'll need to agree before anything else can be even start to happen. Only then would he be given the chance to reapply. I don't know how often the Admin of the site log into the site and approve new memberships. I have some mod privileges, so I know how much stuff is reported and what the moderators have to deal with.

I just don't think that having a go at some people that are bringing some good to Partick Thistle over a guy that has caused hassle to them is the right thing to do.

• Members

I go on record as saying that I frequently had a go; especially when he was talking about left-wing politics and some other stuff e.g. imperialist wars. As this is a discussion forum, outrageous views will often be aired that need to be challenged. Indeed, some of my own posts have seen me grabbing my tin hat.

But that isn't to say that I support the ban and the stance I've taken throughout was that Siego has served a suspension period so should be allowed back on. Most posts have been to act as prompts and to request a review of the ban. Nothing in life should be forever and people do change. But if Admin' as final arbiters say no then there it ends. Please don't take any of this as being a personal attack. It's not.

MJ, I rarely (if ever) read political threads, I'm here for Partick Thistle, so I have no idea what you have argued with him about, but I don't think that type of stick is what I'm talking about. It's the downright nasty stuff. As I said in my previous post, I have a view of the reported posts, and although folk have often reported Sige, nobody has ever reported that another poster has gone too far with some of the stuff posted towards him when it's gone too far (neither has he to be fair).

I appreciate the fact that you are clearly at least reading between the lines MJ. Thanks for that.

The chance of reinstatement thing has only arisen in the past week or so. However, it may have escaped some people's notice, but it's been quite a week this past week. I'd imagine Sige is well down the list of priorities. He'll need to be made aware of what's allowed and what isn't and he'll need to agree before anything else can be even start to happen. Only then would he be given the chance to reapply. I don't know how often the Admin of the site log into the site and approve new memberships. I have some mod privileges, so I know how much stuff is reported and what the moderators have to deal with.

I just don't think that having a go at some people that are bringing some good to Partick Thistle over a guy that has caused hassle to them is the right thing to do.

As ever, thanks for responding and for explaining what might be possible. I've highlighted the above paragraph as I go on record as saying that the vast majority of those who have supported Siego's reinstatement have generally tried to do so in a constructive manner. I don't think we've had a go at Admin'; merely tried to push them towards a decision that would satisfactorily conclude matters. In so doing, every effort has been made to urge caution and patience and I even recall posting to say that this has been a busy time for all concerned. In this respect, I have a clear conscience.

MJ, I rarely (if ever) read political threads, I'm here for Partick Thistle, so I have no idea what you have argued with him about, but I don't think that type of stick is what I'm talking about. It's the downright nasty stuff. As I said in my previous post, I have a view of the reported posts, and although folk have often reported Sige, nobody has ever reported that another poster has gone too far with some of the stuff posted towards him when it's gone too far (neither has he to be fair).

Thanks Willjag, you make some good points. As you'll be aware, the political stuff is generally consigned to this part of the forum and exchanges can be quite heated; but rarely disrespectful (as it should be with everyone's opinions aired being respected). The downright nasty stuff has no place on the forum and I guess this is where firm moderation is required; but really restraint needs to be shown by the forum member in the first instance. But maybe this is merely stating the obvious...

As has been highlighted, matters are in the hands of admin' and their decision remains awaited. In simple terms, reinstatement carries a degree of risk. But the risk is simply that if something inappropriate is posted that results in Siego being banned then I'd guess there would be no way back. If he's reading this - and I think he does follow the thread closely, he should know that if reinstated, he's being given a chance to return to the fold; so basically don't f*** it up. In many respects, I'm not responding to you in person but trying to put a message out there. I've expressed similar sentiments in personal email exchanges; not that they matter a damn as I have no influence in matters.

In whatever capacity you are acting, thanks for taking the time to post. Your comments are appreciated and are helping to inform my understanding.

• Like 2