Hard Work But We Need More Than That, Boys

jagielka

the boys worked hard today but lack of skill and composure was hard to take. not for the first time this season i have had to shake my head at the performance of our fullbacks, SINCLAIR had a nightmare again, you could count on one hand the number of good games hes had, and everytime it was when we were winning the game with ease. WELSH was only slightly better, but it is a major concern that these area's of the team have not been looked at. MURREY, well best not say too much about his performance, if he passed the ball out right at any time in the game i must have blinked and missed it. FOX, well we can only hope one day he lifts his head up when he gets the ball in his hands, how mant times did he have the chance to get the ball out wide and quick and failed every time because he has not the craft to even look up field. what else. i know the free kicks, what a waist. how can these players not put the ball into the box from a dead ball on the edge of the bloody box, unbelivable. after they scored there first, at the kick off, there keeper was on the penalty spot and not one player lifted there head to see the chance. when i played the game, it was the first thing i looked at when the game was being restarted, i used to practise getting the ball flicked up to let me volley it over the keeper. school boy stuff. only bright spots from the game the central defenders had a good game i thought, and as for BANNIGAN sorry for all the negative things i have said on this forum.

the boys worked hard today but lack of skill and composure was hard to take. not for the first time this season i have had to shake my head at the performance of our fullbacks, SINCLAIR had a nightmare again, you could count on one hand the number of good games hes had, and everytime it was when we were winning the game with ease. WELSH was only slightly better, but it is a major concern that these area's of the team have not been looked at. MURREY, well best not say too much about his performance, if he passed the ball out right at any time in the game i must have blinked and missed it. FOX, well we can only hope one day he lifts his head up when he gets the ball in his hands, how mant times did he have the chance to get the ball out wide and quick and failed every time because he has not the craft to even look up field. what else. i know the free kicks, what a waist. how can these players not put the ball into the box from a dead ball on the edge of the bloody box, unbelivable. after they scored there first, at the kick off, there keeper was on the penalty spot and not one player lifted there head to see the chance. when i played the game, it was the first thing i looked at when the game was being restarted, i used to practise getting the ball flicked up to let me volley it over the keeper. school boy stuff. only bright spots from the game the central defenders had a good game i thought, and as for BANNIGAN sorry for all the negative things i have said on this forum.

Are you steaming????

We were away from home, against the league leaders and shared the points in a cracking game but all you can do is slag nearly half the team!! We are all disappointed by the outcome today given the score after 48 minutes, but most, given our chronic away form, would have grabbed a point before the game. Young Aaron didnt have a great game today but has been excellent since he came back into the side so your criticism towards him is astonishing!! You obviously have forgotten that Sean has just came back after a serious injury as well...give the guys a feckin break!!

Edited by Lindau

I disagree. An away draw against Morton when we are down to ten men is a good result. It takes an awful lot of pressure off the squad.

Morton will have wanted to win this one. They failed . They will be feeling a bit of pressure now and will become liaible to making mistakes.

In short; everything to play for!

Not sure who the radio scotland reporter was at cappielow today dodds? ferguson? preston? but of all the players on the park he singled out Sinclair for praise calling him impressive. Personally i thought he did ok and i think Morton singled out Welsh as they knew he wasnt a full bloodied right back. Fair play to morton for spotting and trying to exploit a weakness but over the piece i think welshy can hold his head high

Not sure who the radio scotland reporter was at cappielow today dodds? ferguson? preston? but of all the players on the park he singled out Sinclair for praise calling him impressive. Personally i thought he did ok and i think Morton singled out Welsh as they knew he wasnt a full bloodied right back. Fair play to morton for spotting and trying to exploit a weakness but over the piece i think welshy can hold his head high

Ferguson.

Jagielka if only you were still playing,you sound like someone that thinks they know what they are talking about (after about 10 beers and in your own mind)the team have played well most of the season didn't play that well today but still a good point to get

• Like 1

I thought we played well today, would have played sod at RB instead of welsh however as he is not a natural defender, that's the best back 4 we have with Archie as cover. thought the substitutions were good and made a difference at that time of the game. Apart from the sending off, a good team performace against a battling team who don't give up. Morton will drop points and so will we before the end of the season, will go right to the wire I feel. I think next two games are must win..!

I thought we played well today, would have played sod at RB instead of welsh however as he is not a natural defender, that's the best back 4 we have with Archie as cover. thought the substitutions were good and made a difference at that time of the game. Apart from the sending off, a good team performace against a battling team who don't give up. Morton will drop points and so will we before the end of the season, will go right to the wire I feel. I think next two games are must win..!

I want 9 from the next three games and it is achievable, though 7/9 will keep us right in the hunt. We could really do with a kick start on Tuesday!

Hi Guys, new to the forum, not on the wind up.

Weird weird game. Very similar to the game at Firhill, I have no idea to this day how we came away with 3 points.

Today, we had so many open opportunities and contrived to miss, despite being one-on-one, 6 yards out....blah blah.

Anyway. Firstly on Murray - Guy is a horrible human being. Total liability and has probably had the 2 most ridiculous and needless sending offs I've seen in a long time watching my team. He did motion a headbutt today, however was nowhere near connecting, but crazy nonetheless. Stirling left Cappielow today, still on crutches. I really don't like Murray.

Based on your fans, your club and your approach to football, if we do not win the league, I will be glad to see the other other team in the division who, in my eyes, deserves to be back up there. Great turn out, banter and noise from both sets of fans. Cracking advert for the SFL1, including the match.

A very ironic point to today's game is that not only did we come out the traps and very attacking today, we lost shape and dropped the first points against you. I'd rather see flowing attacking football but if the boring stuff we played at Firhill wins us the games then so be it. Today was an awesome match though.

On the ref's performance. He got a lot of the big decisions partially correct. The penalty was a stonewaller, what the hell was Murray doing? - Have McGill's got him undercover for us?

On Thistle.

Eskine is a fantastic player, we really couldn't handle him.

Craig never impresses me, but he always bullies us, and scores. Annoying.

Fox has such awful distribution.

Welsh was so bad in his position today but granted he was out of position, similar to Wilkie of Morton.

Murray totally played Fred out the game but on the ball, he was awful.

Lawless back will be a huge boost.

Weird weird game. Very similar to the game at Firhill, I have no idea to this day how we came away with 3 points.

Today, we had so many open opportunities and contrived to miss, despite being one-on-one, 6 yards out....blah blah.

Anyway. Firstly on Murray - Guy is a horrible human being. Total liability and has probably had the 2 most ridiculous and needless sending offs I've seen in a long time watching my team. He did motion a headbutt today, however was nowhere near connecting, but crazy nonetheless. Stirling left Cappielow today, still on crutches. I really don't like Murray.

Based on your fans, your club and your approach to football, if we do not win the league, I will be glad to see the other other team in the division who, in my eyes, deserves to be back up there. Great turn out, banter and noise from both sets of fans. Cracking advert for the SFL1, including the match.

A very ironic point to today's game is that not only did we come out the traps and very attacking today, we lost shape and dropped the first points against you. I'd rather see flowing attacking football but if the boring stuff we played at Firhill wins us the games then so be it. Today was an awesome match though.

On the ref's performance. He got a lot of the big decisions partially correct. The penalty was a stonewaller, what the hell was Murray doing? - Have McGill's got him undercover for us?

On Thistle.

Welsh was so bad in his position today but granted he was out of position, similar to Wilkie of Morton.

Fair points but I have to admit to laughing at "partially correct". Decisions are either right or wrong. You can take Murray from us any time.

Fair points but I have to admit to laughing at "partially correct". Decisions are either right or wrong. You can take Murray from us any time.

I apologise.

Wasn't worded correctly. He would give free kicks correctly but not show a card when deserved, same vice versa. Balanced examples:-

Why McDonald was booked for Murray throwing his head towards him, is beyond me.

O'Brien had a really poor tackle in the 2nd half, miscontrolled the ball and lunged, luckily enough didn't connect badly but a certain booking, ignored.

Tidser fouled Erskine, I think it was, and threw the ball towards the ref, ignored.

Murray should have been book for stopping a good break. Ignored.

• Like 1

Are you steaming????

We were away from home, against the league leaders and shared the points in a cracking game but all you can do is slag nearly half the team!! We are all disappointed by the outcome today given the score after 48 minutes, but most, given our chronic away form, would have grabbed a point before the game. Young Aaron didnt have a great game today but has been excellent since he came back into the side so your criticism towards him is astonishing!! You obviously have forgotten that Sean has just came back after a serious injury as well...give the guys a feckin break!!

i slagged 4 players. young Aaron has not been excellent, his lack of skill shows up when the team are not playing so well, putting your head down and trying to dribble your way out of your own penalty box is not excellent, its stupid. we were2-0 again loosing a lead and again a red card, am i supposed to be happy about it, my views on the 4 players in question is my opinion based on playing and watching football for 47 years of the game, i first (climed)into firhill in 1965 when i was 7, i might not have played for the senior team, and only get to junior level but i do know one or two things about the game. Edited by jagielka

Fox really should have done better with the first goal, to be honest. And his kicking was Kenny Arthur-esque all day.

Still can't tell if that was a penalty or not. I didn't see it at the time. Still, we'd have been screaming for it at the other end, I suppose.

Was Murray such an easily riled idiot when he was with St Mirren? No wonder you lay into him.

Edited to add - Maybe with his back turned, the referee didn't see the Morton player violently throw the ball at him, but that also managed to elude BOTH linesmen? And that's not a sending off offence anymore?

Edited by peagreenboy

Fox really should have done better with the first goal, to be honest. And his kicking was Kenny Arthur-esque all day.

Still can't tell if that was a penalty or not. I didn't see it at the time. Still, we'd have been screaming for it at the other end, I suppose.

Was Murray such an easily riled idiot when he was with St Mirren? No wonder you lay into him.

Edited to add - Maybe with his back turned, the referee didn't see the Morton player violently throw the ball at him, but that also managed to elude BOTH linesmen? And that's not a sending off offence anymore?

He wasn't, but he wasn't the most abused target. God, I wish we knew how easy he was to rile up.

If you check the youtube video, the handball is clear as day. Fox and the defender kinda just shook their heads and put their hands on their hips.

Yeah, Tidser was VERY silly. Easily his best game he's played against Thistle, could have been booked or sent off had that throw went anywhere near the ref.

On Thistle.

Will not dispute any of your observations.

Banter between the fans 1st class. Cartsdyke station will long live in my memory. The guy in the opal fruit trackie was class lol ! Watching him hide behind his mates was class.

Good advert for 1st division football.

If you check the youtube video, the handball is clear as day. Fox and the defender kinda just shook their heads and put their hands on their hips.

Yes you're right, the lack of protest by our players says it all I suppose.

Just look at the difference between Murray and Hardie - I and many others were giving the ex-Jag pelters and it didn't affect him - or if it did pushed him to play better, not lose it and try to stick the heid on someone. I shuddered when I saw him come on at half time, I expected him to score again.

Yes you're right, the lack of protest by our players says it all I suppose.

Just look at the difference between Murray and Hardie - I and many others were giving the ex-Jag pelters and it didn't affect him - or if it did pushed him to play better, not lose it and try to stick the heid on someone. I shuddered when I saw him come on at half time, I expected him to score again.

Why do old boys always come back to haunt us ?

Banter between the fans 1st class. Cartsdyke station will long live in my memory. The guy in the opal fruit trackie was class lol ! Watching him hide behind his mates was class.

What about the old yin carting around his wee bairn, effin' and blindin' and acting like he was up for some fisticuffs? Lovely example for the wean :lol:

Will not dispute any of your observations.

Good advert for 1st division football.

I avoid the station at all costs. The locals nearby decide to venture down, half of them couldn't even tell you who play for Morton. Kinda wish I seen this fashion statement people are referring too. Sounds hilarious.

I guess with your lot it'd have been more banter than the crap with St Mirren - constant bricks, bottle, darts et al flying about.