Why Do We Always Choose To Play Towards The North Stand First Half

jonboy

I am curious to know why we dont choose to shoot towards the city end first at home games.

Would choosing to shoot towards the city end first half not be more benificial for our players?

Im sure when shooting towards the North Stand second half, we can lift them even more by being closer behind the goals when they are starting to feel a bit tired. :head_ball:

Views on this on. please

I think also tradition but when it was only the JHS that was in use for our supporters you could see that our support gathered more towards the city end. Possibly feeling that this was in general the location of the old Shed.

Only now that the North Stand is being used for the singing section does your question gain some relevance.

I visited the North Stand for the first time last week for the Airdrie game and although I enjoyed the atmoshpere a lot I still prefer the view of the game from the JHS. I can understand again your question as watching the team shoot towards the city end is not the greatess view from the North Stand and when the game is being taken to the opposition it can feel remote for supporting.

I don,t think we can really change this tradition for the moment. Maybe I am wrong but is there any clarity on what will happen to the singing section if we get promoted.

Maybe if the North Stand becomes entrenched for many years as the singing fans section then we might start shooting that way in the second half.

I don,t think we can really change this tradition for the moment. Maybe I am wrong but is there any clarity on what will happen to the singing section if we get promoted.

Maybe if the North Stand becomes entrenched for many years as the singing fans section then we might start shooting that way in the second half.

During the stadium visit for hospitality punters last Saturday Maxi re-stated the view that the club hoped for some kind of small stand at the city end, when it eventually gets developed. He reckoned it wouldn't even be half the size of the north end stand. Maybe big enough to accommodate 500-1,000 singers? But, probably no more than 6-8 seats deep.....

I think also tradition but when it was only the JHS that was in use for our supporters you could see that our support gathered more towards the city end. Possibly feeling that this was in general the location of the old Shed.

Only now that the North Stand is being used for the singing section does your question gain some relevance.

I visited the North Stand for the first time last week for the Airdrie game and although I enjoyed the atmoshpere a lot I still prefer the view of the game from the JHS. I can understand again your question as watching the team shoot towards the city end is not the greatess view from the North Stand and when the game is being taken to the opposition it can feel remote for supporting.

Of course we can change this tradition, it is entirely up to us where we warm up and where our default direction of shooting in the first half is, then the only way it changes is if we lose the toss and the other teams asks to change ends.

There is clarity on the North Stand, if we are in the SPL it will remain. Big away crowds will get the big slice of the JHS that we have given to Falkirk, Dunfermline and Morton and if we are in the SPL and playing Celtic then they would get this section as well as the Main Stand. Same way if any other team now needed it then the Main Stand is on standby.

The only reason I can think of for ot changing is that our home form has been excellent and there is a bit of superstition involved.

I don't really mind what way we shoot. You could argue when we score early we go on to destroy teams and therefore shooting to the North Stand first works to our advantage (if you believe that we are more likely to do well shooting into our own fans). Of course when we need to push on for a last minute goal we would benefit shooting that way second half.

During the stadium visit for hospitality punters last Saturday Maxi re-stated the view that the club hoped for some kind of small stand at the city end, when it eventually gets developed. He reckoned it wouldn't even be half the size of the north end stand. Maybe big enough to accommodate 500-1,000 singers? But, probably no more than 6-8 steps deep.....

Fixed it for you. I've said before, I'd love a standing area like those on either end of the Pirelli Stadium's pitch. It's a really nice ground for a new build.

Fixed it for you. I've said before, I'd love a standing area like those on either end of the Pirelli Stadium's pitch. It's a really nice ground for a new build.

Just had a look at it there. As you say, tidy wee ground but I think the roof is too high on the terracing. This would impact on the atmosphere and also wouldn't provide as much cover from the elements as a lower roof would.

Just had a look at it there. As you say, tidy wee ground but I think the roof is too high on the terracing. This would impact on the atmosphere and also wouldn't provide as much cover from the elements as a lower roof would.

It really isn't very high at all - at least the end I was in when I was there. I'd had a few drinks but I remember it as if the roof was just feet above us. It might be deceptive, looks high from outside but feels small inside, like a reverse tardis. Or maybe I'm talking pish.