Ground Bagging

The Devil's Point

How could I forget the Stade de Meadowbank, everyone was kung-fu fighting :P

The Main Stand was closed for one of our games through there, an all too rare win, in the mid 80s because there was a flower show in the concourse. I remember some Thistle fans sitting on the park bench alongside the touchline. Only slight problem was that was actually what passed for the technical area.

The Main Stand was closed for one of our games through there, an all too rare win, in the mid 80s because there was a flower show in the concourse. I remember some Thistle fans sitting on the park bench alongside the touchline. Only slight problem was that was actually what passed for the technical area.

Was at that game too. Gordon Dalziel was on the bench for the Jags and was told to get stripped to go on at some point in the 2nd half which took him about 15 minutes because it was so cold and he had so many layers of tracksuits on. Jags fans were in hysterics each time another layer appeared. If memory serves me right Alan Logan scored in a 2-0 or 2-1 win?

Was at that game too. Gordon Dalziel was on the bench for the Jags and was told to get stripped to go on at some point in the 2nd half which took him about 15 minutes because it was so cold and he had so many layers of tracksuits on. Jags fans were in hysterics each time another layer appeared. If memory serves me right Alan Logan scored in a 2-0 or 2-1 win?

I'd forgotten about Dalziel and his tracksuits. Hysterical. 2-0 I think we won; noteworthy because I think it may well have been our first ever win at Meadowbank. Another of our then annual fights against relegation. How a Thistle team from the mid 80s never actually got relegated is a complete mystery.

I'd forgotten about Dalziel and his tracksuits. Hysterical. 2-0 I think we won; noteworthy because I think it may well have been our first ever win at Meadowbank. Another of our then annual fights against relegation. How a Thistle team from the mid 80s never actually got relegated is a complete mystery.

Serial bottlers.

My Dad took me to the two all replay game against Killie at Firhill. I remember being raging at the lack of extra time and penalties. I think we nicked it 1 0 at Killie the following midweek.

I'm pretty sure there was ET and the 90 minutes finished 1-1.

The game against the great Aberdeen side was probably my favourite ever Jags game. Watched it from terraces at the city end.

Me too & also one of my favourites. Anyone remember if highlights of the game were shown on TV ?

Getting back on topic...didn't we play a friendly at Preston NE's Deepdale in the mid-80's? I think it was to try out their plastic pitch with a view to installing one ourselves.

Edited by deasach

I haven't seen Thistle away to Montrose, Cowdenbeath, East Stirling or Elgin, and my current geographical location makes it more difficult to complete them. I have been to stock car racing at Central Park, but you can't really count that. I have also been to Ochilview many times to see Thistle-Stenny, but I would have to insist on seeing East Stirling there to count it, and we haven't played Montrose or Elgin away in a competitive fixture in my time as a Thistle fan.

Out of interest, for the anoraks, when was our last competitive game at Links Park?

I don't count new stadiums for this purpose, so I include St Mirren as I did go to Love Street.

I haven't seen Thistle away to Montrose, Cowdenbeath, East Stirling or Elgin, and my current geographical location makes it more difficult to complete them. I have been to stock car racing at Central Park, but you can't really count that. I have also been to Ochilview many times to see Thistle-Stenny, but I would have to insist on seeing East Stirling there to count it, and we haven't played Montrose or Elgin away in a competitive fixture in my time as a Thistle fan.

Out of interest, for the anoraks, when was our last competitive game at Links Park?

I don't count new stadiums for this purpose, so I include St Mirren as I did go to Love Street.

Links - promotion season 91 / 92?

Great day out anyway - scraped a 1-0 win (McGlashan).

Edited by Charlie Endell