Managerial Shortlist

GrantB

I don't think that is a particularly helpful thing to be saying at this point. His job as captain is to help unite the club. This just drives division between management and players

If it means that the players are going to give everything they can possibly give while Archie is in charge then I think it's a good thing.

There are surely better ways to motivate than saying that the management don't know what they are doing

I guess he could have said something along the lines of "The boys will continue to do their best for Archie, and we'll leave it to the management to make those strategic decisions that will impact on the club's future sporting and economic situations."

But he's in the Thistle team, not the diplomatic corps.

If it works .................dont try to fix it !!! Archie and shaggy have a better record already than JMac 3 wins and a draw , 8 goals for ......2 against , and 2 of those games against our nearest rivals , lets all let the firhill board who we , the fans want , to steer the team to the title and a cup win , C;mon the Jags !!

• Like 1

Maybe just the way I read it, but PP's interview came across to me as inspirational and motivational in terms of the here and now. He had fire in his belly when he was speaking, and I think that was a shot in the arm for Archie, which in turn will rub back off on the players.

What's vital to us all is the next two months, and that speech was a great rallying call to everyone involved with the club to get themselves 200% behind the current set-up with Archie as our man.

So will Paton commit to signing a new deal if Archie is appointed permanently?

Here's a reminder from the Glaswegian last year. "[Paton] The former Queen's Park defender is a key figure for Jags boss Jackie McNamara and was one of the first players to be offered a new contract at Thistle earlier this year but had stalled on agreeing the deal."

So Paton stalled for 3 to 4 months! Unless Paton makes such a clear commitment, his comments should be taken with the proverbial pinch of salt.

Edited by kni