Nomads Flag For The North Stand

topcat

Twinny,

Can you run up a tweaked version of the flag in post 23 please?

Post 23 – with THE NOMADS in black lettering across a top yellow band rather than the black band that is there currently and GLOBAL SUPPORTERS CLUB again in black against another yellow band at the bottom instead of the black one there currently.

Tom and I are working on a short list to present to the voting system with an emphasis on visibility from the other parts of the ground :thumbsup2:

Hugh

£350 reached - keep it coming

AND I think I have refound our Nomad secretary - got him on Twitter .. and as a bonus I can now tune into Tom Hosie's wilder ramblings - things are looking up.

I have now sent my first ever Tweet and its a Nomad one to New Zealand ..... fly birdie fly............

Edited by Shuggie
  • Like 1

Twinny,

Post 23 – with THE NOMADS in black lettering across a top yellow band rather than the black band that is there currently and GLOBAL SUPPORTERS CLUB again in black against another yellow band at the bottom instead of the black one there currently.

Tom and I are working on a short list to present to the voting system with an emphasis on visibility from the other parts of the ground :thumbsup2:

Hugh

yer never too auld tae learn!

£350 reached - keep it coming

AND I think I have refound our Nomad secretary - got him on Twitter .. and as a bonus I can now tune into Tom Hosie's wilder ramblings - things are looking up.

I have now sent my first ever Tweet and its a Nomad one to New Zealand ..... fly birdie fly............

Tweetin that is...

Please guys there can only be one focal point for the PLEDGES. i am seeing updates for people that I haven,t even registered.

Shuggie ..calm down with the updates on the money...I will get to them.

Please remeber as Nomads I am on a different time zone!

Was looking at some photos showing the North Stand and it looks as if there are a few big permanent flags hanging at the back of the stand now Any interest in using Shuggies Nomad badge as a template for buying a big flag to put up in North Stand.

Running Pledges so far : £410

WAT GermanJag £30 Topcat £20 Twinny £20 Shuggie £10 Ian_Mac £10 Belfastjag £20 East Lothian Jag £30 Jaggernaut £20 hvc1876 £10 stillresigned £10 Lambies lost doos £10 Jagster £10 AusJag £10 Waka £10 Cjptfc £10 Wiltshire Jag £10 Canman £10 NZ Nomad £20 jif £10

Facebook Nomads George Harris £10 Colin Dickie £50 Harry McKinnon £10 Brian McAuslan £10 David Simpson £10 Alan MacDonald £10 Stuart Goldie £10 Campbell Livingstone £10 Malc Brown £10

Twinny,

Hugh

Sorry Shug, I'm a little busy just now but I'll try and get round to it this week.

Hey Twinny

Can I push you on your knowledge. The quotes I have had so far are all looking for a "high resolution" image to create the best results. Are you the person to help us with that.

It looks as though a hand sewn job will be too expensive so we have to give the the best iamge possible.

Let me know if you are up to this

Anyone else know about this stuff please throw in your oar of advise

thanks

Topcat

Edited by topcat

Hey Twinny

Can I push you on your knowledge. The quotes I have had so far are all looking for a "high resolution" image to create the best results. Are you the person to help us with that.

It looks as though a hand sewn job will be too expensive so we have to give the the best iamge possible.

Let me know if you are up to this

Anyone else know about this stuff please throw in your oar of advise

thanks

Topcat

Hi TC, I'm really a beginner with that stuff, but I have tried to make it as large as possible and keep the quality. If the people making the flags could advise the ideal picture size and quality (number of pixels and pixels per inch) then I can give it a go when I get the chance.

Jeez some of these sofas are loaded :thumbsup2:

Great jesture that takes us to £410 and sooooo much closer to a flag

Sorry Shuggie. Was a bit grumpy with one of my replies there. Time difference saw me just back from the bar.

Tell of the tape : £410 edging closer

Hi TC, I'm really a beginner with that stuff, but I have tried to make it as large as possible and keep the quality. If the people making the flags could advise the ideal picture size and quality (number of pixels and pixels per inch) then I can give it a go when I get the chance.

It may be prudent to ask suppliers if they always have to tweak logos as anything supplied to them is normally distorted when enlarged to fit such large flags?

Tom found some who sew logos basically copy the design. Should we go down the totally printed route, the above query may be useful?

I'm sure that twinny has this covered. Basically you would have to submit a .tiff high resolution image from a proper drawing package. I get this done for graphs. You can start in Powerpoint but the drawing package seems to redraw the image and is much sharper. This would probaby be okay for a large flag. See what the company say it must happen a lot.

More info, it has to be a vector image to be scaled up. One way is Powerpoint > pdf > Photoshop. I don't have Photoshop myself that's all I can chip in with.

I don't have photoshop either, but I use paint.net. Until now I have simply been copying and pasting flag designs as backgrounds and placing the text and badge in as separate layers in the picture before flattening each design into one layer in a jpeg.

The flag designs and text will be no problem for scaling up, the question is whether the badge can be scaled up. That really depends on the quality and size of the jpeg that Shuggie sent me. It looks fine when I scale it up to the size of my laptop screen but I have doubts as to how good it will look six feet tall!

I don't have photoshop either, but I use paint.net. Until now I have simply been copying and pasting flag designs as backgrounds and placing the text and badge in as separate layers in the picture before flattening each design into one layer in a jpeg.

The flag designs and text will be no problem for scaling up, the question is whether the badge can be scaled up. That really depends on the quality and size of the jpeg that Shuggie sent me. It looks fine when I scale it up to the size of my laptop screen but I have doubts as to how good it will look six feet tall!

As is, the Nomad badge is reported to be useless. We'd need a better quality image. Now who do we know who could produce such a thing?