Pitch Invasions

phoenix1876

Love them every time it happens ! But I worry about what fine could be levied on our club and at the same time how all the easy fundraising peoples efforts in a few years could be wiped out in an instant !

Makes you wonder how worth it, it is ?

Maybe if we are fined the people responsible should stump up !

Not having a go people before i get abuse !!

Edited by Jaggy1967

Love them. I've been in a panic for weeks that the Raith game would be the clincher and I would miss it due to working in Germany that week. With the last minute winner it seems to have panned out that way and to say I'm gutted is an understatement (relegating Airdrie is a real bonus though). I'll be sending the kids though to invade the pitch on my behalf.

Football in Scotland for years has been on the decline in terms of support numbers, atmosphere, quality of product on the park, all seated stadiums.

Place on top of that the teams that have very little success and long suffering fans (like us) then Tuesday means one thing only (should we win):

PITCH INVASION!......why? because we, The Fans deserve it.

They can be overdone, like when Wolves last survived relegation from the Premier League after losing to Blackburn Rovers (iirc) and invaded the pitch after the game. I can understand it happening after a monumental achievement like winning a game that officially wins you the league, or scoring vital last minute goals (as we have done the last couple of games) but in most cases, and that includes Tuesday night, I hope it doesn't happen.

They can be overdone, like when Wolves last survived relegation from the Premier League after losing to Blackburn Rovers (iirc) and invaded the pitch after the game. I can understand it happening after a monumental achievement like winning a game that officially wins you the league, or scoring vital last minute goals (as we have done the last couple of games) but in most cases, and that includes Tuesday night, I hope it doesn't happen.

Eh, but Tuesday night can win us the league......

Eh, but Tuesday night can win us the league......

But it's not as if we're going into that game on the edge of our seats wondering if we can win the league. Let's face it, we've already won it. That's not to be arrogant, but everyone knows it. I can understand pitch invasions from the perspective that it's a moment of madness, a rush of blood to the head after a magical moment of sheer brilliance, but seeing as the league's already more or less wrapped up, it would look silly for a hundred or so fans to jump onto the pitch.

But it's not as if we're going into that game on the edge of our seats wondering if we can win the league. Let's face it, we've already won it. That's not to be arrogant, but everyone knows it. I can understand pitch invasions from the perspective that it's a moment of madness, a rush of blood to the head after a magical moment of sheer brilliance, but seeing as the league's already more or less wrapped up, it would look silly for a hundred or so fans to jump onto the pitch.

I get your point totally and in fact had the same conversation earlier on. It's very different from say the Forfar 0-0 match as it was all on a knife edge that day. As I will miss it, I'm kind of consoling myself with that point and that the league was really won on Wednesday. Still, that said, if I was there I would would be up for it, more as an outpouring of years of tension and a long awaited celebration rather than a sporadic thing.

• Like 1