Just In

Stewarty

What an amazing day at fortress firhill yesterday, great weather , 2 great sets of fans and a goal fest of a game with an exciting finish plus 2 pitch invasions - what a great advert for PTFC, the type of football we play and the type of club we are!!!

ForEverAndEver

One wee shame is that the team only celebrated with the trophy to half JHS and north stand, alot of fans didnt get to see trophy up close.

Neither McGuigan nor Elliott got much service yesterday. A lot of nice showboat passing around in midfield yesterday, but that's exactly what it looked like: showboating rather than trying to cut through their defence and get our strikers involved. And of course Aaron's crosses went way beyond everybody's reach.

Only other negative comment on yesterday: yet another sky-high free kick effort by Forbes. Awful.

Thanks Jaggernaut for restoring my sanity.Thought I was at wrong game yesterday until I saw your post.The service to all of the strikers was shite and unless it improves we will find ourselves back in the first division faster than a rat up a drainpipe.Have spoken at different times to all of our strikers and they say the ball is coming too slowly from the back which is giving defenders time to cover our front men.Actually at times yesterday thought I was watching Barry Ferguson and Paul Mc Stay in midfield , sideways and backwards, very rarely forwards.

Only complaint (and it is a minor one) is that the players didn't come down to the City End with the trophy Top marks to Chris Erskine who was the only player who did

Not minor at all, i was pretty pissed off about, especially as it's our traditional 'home' end. I know it wasn't deliberate but it was a poor show & probably stemmed from where the podium was