Dumbarton Tickets

GinolasBald

Thistle allocation for dumbarton game in January was 765 plus another 100 was allocated as dumbarton did not sell out their hospitality. Would assume we have been given a similar number of tickets though once sold out that will be it as hospitality is sold out.

Hmmm...I agree that season ticket holders should enjoy some benefits, but am I alone in thinking that remaining tickets should have gone on public sale from today?

Or, at the very least, a window should have been established this morning where season ticket holders who couldn't make it along could purchase a ticket over the phone (provided they could pick it up before Saturday) before they went on general sale?

Manpreet's mum is going to be a very disappointed lady...

Not really sure what they can do but it sucks being stuck down the front for these games, it can't be that hard to sell them from the back and the front at the same time so people have some choice rather than "thou shall only be allowed the next ticket in the book".

You're right. Apologies. I either looked at the wrong news item, or it's been updated since I last read it...

It has been amended at some point this morning, and that's now twice that an article about this game on the official site has had an important amendment made after it was posted (the other being the reduction in 2 tickets to 1 per season ticket).

I'm reluctant to put the boot in to the club, especially in these good times, but there are

no doubt some fans who saw the original version of today's article and resigned themselves to not having any chance of going to Saturday's game.

It has been amended at some point this morning, and that's now twice that an article about this game on the official site has had an important amendment made after it was posted (the other being the reduction in 2 tickets to 1 per season ticket).

I'm reluctant to put the boot in to the club, especially in these good times, but there are

no doubt some fans who saw the original version of today's article and resigned themselves to not having any chance of going to Saturday's game.

I read the update last night and gave up any hope of a ticket and doubt I can now get to Firhill to queue. If I'd know they were going on public sale I could have gone first thing. Gutted just about describes how I feel. Tried to phone the club but no response

I'm in agreement with H Wragg, there's a real air of positivity that I don't want to sour, so hope this can be seen as constructive criticism.

Next time, the club should consider setting a set period for sales to season ticket holders and state that remaining tickets will go on public sale at the end of that window. Perhaps a further update should only be given when tickets have sold out as I think too many notifications tends to muddy waters.

I recall when the season ticket reduction of 2 to 1 happened, it was approx 24 hours after the first post had been put up. In that 24 or whatever it was hours, there was what Mrs Merton would call., a heated debate, on here, with posters discussing the merits and rights and wrongs of why ST holders could get 2 tickets, especially as it was at a ground that holds only 2k, and was last game of season. I'd say it is fair to say the outcome of that thread saw a the majority of posters expressing agreement that the 2 for 1 sale while good insomuch as rewarding ST holders, it was the wrong way to sell the tickets, and would only ensure a limited number of Jags supporters could potentially secure a ticket.

By reducing it to 1 ticket per ST holder, they ensured that twice the number of ST holders/supporters could potentially get a ticket.

Likewise, since the post of yesterday evening was made, another debate/discussion has ensued here, over the right or wrong of continuing only selling to ST holders and why not non ST holders (as ST holders in reality had their chance yesterday).

By opening up the sale of the 160 odd tickets not sold to ST holders yesterday, they ensured that even more Jags supporters could potentially get a ticket.

COuld it be, the club (whether its Maxi, Beattie, peetee, or whoever) is looking in here and seeing these posts being discussed, and realising the posters on wearethistle are right, and are thus reacting to the support, and changing their plans to reflect the general majority concensus?

If it is the case, then they are to be congratulated for at least reacting positively to these debates and correcting their errors (or plans if we don't wish to appear to be "putting the boot in") - although again if the club are being reactionary to wearethistle discussions, perhaps it would have done no harm to also post on the forum saying "we have listened to (or read) your discussions and are reacting accordingly to suit the majority view". ?

Of course it could all have been avoided if they had realised from the outset weeks ago, that with a ground we are likely to be getting something in the region of only 900 tickets for end of season finale and PPPPP, that a one day sale to ST holders (1 ST = 1 ticket), then a general sale to public of any left next day, would be the way to go from start, instead of making two oficial statements on the club website then within 12 -24 hours of each statement, they amend it and change the rules of how many and who can buy.

• Like 1

Totally agree Yoda.

The two final decisions were the correct ones, in my opinion but a wee bit of forethought on the best way to go would have avoided any confusion/annoyance.

But hey, there were still tickets available at 3.30 today so it looks like almost everyone that wants to go will be there. The only ones that potentially may still be put out are any non ST holders who could have taken time off work today had they been aware of the public sale yesterday.

If it is the case, then they are to be congratulated for at least reacting positively to these debates and correcting their errors (or plans if we don't wish to appear to be "putting the boot in") - although again if the club are being reactionary to wearethistle discussions, perhaps it would have done no harm to also post on the forum saying "we have listened to (or read) your discussions and are reacting accordingly to suit the majority view". ?

But as ever, whose majority? Majority of season ticket-holders? Majority of posters on this forum? On this thread? It's far from certain that those people adequately represent the majority of all Thistle supporters.

In fact, few threads on here show a clear majority on anything! :D