Annan Game

scotty

I see on the text commentary that Annan Athletic have Anna Arthur in goal. Is that Kenny's sister?

The preview says that King Kenny is a player-coach for Annan. Jordan Moffat, who we released at the end of the last season, is their squad too.

Much better result , the Govan Diddies only managed a draw and a 3-1 win here and lost 2-1 at the midden , ok only a friendly but good to get 5 on the scoresheet and by all accounts it could and should have been more , sounds like a lot of work still to do though , in Archie we trust !!!!

I find pretty annoying that a trialist scores two goals and we cannot have his name.

Joel Thomas, former Accies player, was on trial today( he scored) for Dinamo Bucharest against Hearts and the Romanian club has no problem with his name shown in the sheet.

Stop your wailing ffs it was Gary Fraser ex Hamilton

https://twitter.com/ThistleTweet

From an Accies mate. "Lot of talent. Fee agreed between Accies & Bolton in January but deal fell thru.. Freed in May with 2 years left on his contract. Worth a punt good prospect".

Clearly something funny there but Accies have a good track record with youngsters. If whatever happened that resulted in him leaving is sorted sounds like he'd be worthwhile. Besides he's under 20.

Kerr was sitting in the dug out. He will sign from the way he was speaking. Big English centre back and Fraser from Accies other trialists. I liked the look of Lyndsey and Keenan when they came on and also new lad from Morton Declan something. No failures tonight

What formation was this and where was Elliot playing?

Starting line-up with Gallagher in goals then

McMillan RB, Trialist and Conrad CBs, Sinclair LB

Fraser, Welsh, Craigen and Elliot were the midfield, but they moved about a lot, so quite fluid rather than rigid positioning! Welsh and Fraser went a bit deeper to pick the ball up from the defence.

Lawless was in front of them and picked the ball up well and Doolan straight up front.

That's the way I saw it anyway! In complete control for pretty much the entire match. Loads of changes in the second half. Trialist centre-half looked decent enough, but under no significant pressure. Fraser looked the part even without the goals though he gave away a couple of fouls just outside the box. Christie had a blistering start and linked up reasonably well with Sinclair. McMillan was very good. I think that's four positions he's played in less than 10 games! McGuigan came on second half and made very little impact. He needs to show a bit more in the remaining pre-season games I think.

It seems to me from Archies comments that he is quite keen on Gary Fraser, but not at all convinced that we might be able to sign him,as he has other options elsewhere.

The mere fact that he mentioned him by name, and not the other trialist who has gone back to Spain to see if he can sort things out regarding development fees to his previous clubs, says pretty much that Fraser is one he would like to have, but thinks it unlikely.