Isaac Osbourne

Grimlock

Could just be the man we need to stiffen up our midfield. dons fans on twitter raging if he signs for us. Don't want to tempt fate but his wages at dons would have been a lot more than we will pay, plus his departure from Furryboot city was to be nearer his family in Brum. Glasgow is 3 hours nearer I suppose. Just have to wait and see what develops.

AJ

Where in midfield would he get a game ? Welsh, Forbes, craigen, Bannigan, Murray, Kerr, and that's just for starters. Lawless and Elliott may play as wide midfielders away from home if we are sitting deeper. Don't think we need another midfielder, would rather have another back up for Doolan.

I am surprised that Osbourne is still without a club. There are several clubs in the Midlands or a short drive away, e.g. Walsall, Port Vale, Coventry City, Northampton Town, Burton Albion, Cheltenham Town and Oxford United.

Edited by kni

Where in midfield would he get a game ? Welsh, Forbes, craigen, Bannigan, Murray, Kerr, and that's just for starters. Lawless and Elliott may play as wide midfielders away from home if we are sitting deeper. Don't think we need another midfielder, would rather have another back up for Doolan.

Take your point. It could mean that guys who have been playing very well don't get played. I may be slightly off the mark but I understand Osbourne would be seen as a direct replacement for Paton from last season or Rowson from the seasons before that.

I got the impression from Saturday that we'll play two central midfielders taking turns to push forward. Probably Welsh & Fraser with Kerr & Craigen (tho' he mostly plays attacking mid) as interchangeable. Murray already might be quite marginalised as I can't see him play alongside Kerr. So a further addition could be seen as overkill. That said a fit Osbourne would probably be seen as far too good to turn down.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

If Paul Paton was able to find a regular starting slot amongst the same competition (Kerr excepted) then Osbourne should certainly be able to. He would not only be a direct replacement for Paton, but a significant mark-up in quality. Whilst we do have a lot of midfielders, outwith Murray and possibly Welsh there isn't really an option there who can naturally sit deep and break up play for us, so I think such a signing should be given as much, perhaps even more priority than a third striker would.

I am surprised that Osbourne is still without a club. There are several clubs in the Midlands or a short drive away, e.g. Walsall, Port Vale, Coventry City, Northampton Town, Burton Albion, Cheltenham Town and Oxford United.

We are in the midlands. :rolleyes:

I am sure Osbourne would be a great addition, if he stays fit. But he is yet another central midfielder. We have already signed two this summer, in addition to the four who were already at the club.

Archie should be focussing on trying to find a replacement for Erskine and another centre-forward, preferably one 6ft tall or over. Hopefully he is, and with any luck he will be successful.

I was with you but as has been said someone like Osbourne is your ideal holding midfielder. Younger & more legs than Shuggie Murray & a better player than Paton. Him & Kerr sitting with either Welsh or Forbes making up 3rd midfielder.

Bannigan may be the one who's pushed onto the left just now. With his injuries through pre season not seen a lot of him but wonder what others think of him playing left back & pushing Sinclair further forward?

Can't disagree with any of the points raised by everyone since my post earlier, I even forgot to mention Fraser and McDaid ;-) but I feel a striker is vital if Dools get injured then really all we have is Mukendi (untested) Elliott (not a goalscorer) and Baird (shown hee haw in pre season) worry where the goals are going to come from. Don't think anyone will give us a hiding this season but equally don't see us scoring many. Sorry if it sounds negative. But here's hoping midfield get a few extra goals to help Dools :-)

Osbourne can play centre back, full back and midfield. The type of player we need.

If Osbourne is signed I doubt his versatility will be an issue. It'll be purely for his aggressiveness in defensive midfield. I think he's right sided so I don't think he'd play last line unless there's a severe crisis in defence.

I still think we've no great covered in the left side of defence. If Bannigan progresses the way I sense he will it would be far from ideal asking him to play at left back for anything other than short term. McMillan looks like he'll be the first choice replacement for Sinclair but there's no one else after that. No left sided centre back that can also play left back. That said there's other areas of the squad that are probably better filled.