Musical Chinese Whisper

yoda-jag

Maybe AC/DC should be barred if they have too many songs with rock 'n roll. Anyway I have had this song going round my head for a few days without being able to quite work out what it was until I got up this morning I knew it. straight off. Here's Gillian Welch and David Rawlings with 'I Want Sing That Rock n Roll'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AchmYEqztWg

BTW does anyone think a Movie Chinese Whisper thread is possible?

Edited by The Sunnylaw Jag

BTW does anyone think a Movie Chinese Whisper thread is possible?

Yes. But I won't be in it, clueless about movies.

I really can't believe no-one played Chuck Berry's "Rock n Roll Music"...

It's been a blast, but time to move on I think, on the premise that the more folk whispering the better...

So, from 1970, from her amazing "Desert Shore" album...

"All That Is My Own" by Nico

Was tempted to play the Fab 4, but the Nutty 7 are the bigger pull...

... I've long maintained that Mike Barson is the the musical equal of Björn Ulvaeus and Benny Andersson, his songwriting richness often overlooked...

... here's one from one of my earliest purchases, from their second LP "Absolutely" in 1980, an album which I still rate as an all-time favourite...

"You Said" by Madness

can't leave you lot alone for a day and you cockit up :wacko::mad:

na seriously well done good effort by all to have over 60 r'n'r traxs in a row take a bow all sterling effort and picks :clapping::cheers:

was going to keep with the old git and beatles theme and stick a farthing in the jukebox and select money (thats what i want) a track from 50 years ago, but decided to halve that and go for a track from 25 years ago, even though that's 10p to play.

one for the money ..... jesus jones

http://youtu.be/NvQ85dKEupU

only video of it i could find is a fan made anime version. is that a first for this thread?

some more madness in the thread never a bad thing it is .....

from the latest album oui oui si si ja ja da da (useless fact of the day, and to tie in with the recently featured beatles on this page of thread: the madness album cover is by peter blake (best known for creating the artwork for sgt peppers lonely hearts club band) and features rejected titles for the album crossed out).

never knew your name ..... madness

http://youtu.be/y87J7u65R6c

see what you like about that artist, think i can. :whistling:

next up is a track from 101 damnations, a debut album released 1989

good grief charlie brown ..... carter the unstoppable sex machine

after posting the forums first anime video earlier today, now a charlie brown footage video. what daftness will tomorrow bring? :crazy:

Edited by yoda-jag

did think of posting don't ever change by jamc in response to rids last whisper, but went with my charlie brown pick in end.

but will go with jamc this time, and a track from the 1989 album automatic that was released as a single and was number one in the billboard charts of u s of a for three weeks. the billboard modern rock tracks chart that is.

blues from a gun ..... jesus and mary chain

http://youtu.be/T919NKc1ZBY