Musical Chinese Whisper

yoda-jag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WzG64syKHA

There you go. To do it. Just go to You Tube. Play the song you want and then on the address bar ( or whatever it's called) right click, then click on copy. After that go to your reply and click on the chain link icon and a box should appear. Then right click in the box that says URL and then click paste. Then click OK and that should be it.

The original and still the best...

Led Zeppelin -

(don't know how to paste the picture...)

:cool2:

Rock on

I love how you skilfully hyperlink Rock 'n' Roll but dunno how to post a video. Once you do your first one you'll laugh. We'll laugh with you (not at you :thumbsup2: )

I see we're still Rockin' and Rollin' today. Suits me. Rock n Roll's my ******* religion man...

I fell in love with the sweet sensation

I gave my heart to a simple chord

I gave my soul to a new religion

Whatever happened to you?

"Whatever Happened To Our Rock 'n' Roll?" by Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

God how sad am I . I had the next one lined up ready and waiting to post. I'm not even giving anyone else's a listen to. I've changed man, I remember when it used to be all about the music. Anyway, Joe Perry split form Aeromsith for a couple of year in the early 80's this is his band. The Joe Perry Project and 'I've got the Rock and Rolls again'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlO2-sDA92I

Edited by The Sunnylaw Jag

The Boswell Sisters were a close harmony singing group, consisting of sisters Martha Boswell (June 9, 1905 – July 2, 1958), Connee Boswell (original name Connie) (December 3, 1907 – October 11, 1976), and Helvetia "Vet" Boswell (May 20, 1911 – November 12, 1988), noted for intricate harmonies and rhythmic experimentation. They attained national prominence in the USA in the 1930s. The name of their 1934 song "Rock and Roll" is an early use of the term - unfortunately, it refers to "the rolling rocking rhythm of the sea".

"Rock And Roll" by The Boswell Sisters with Jimmie Grier and his Orchestra

A bit of an oddball in some ways Southern rock band Blackfoot for one of their last albums recruited some of rock funk band Mother's Finest in their ranks and although it is different from the usual Blackfoot sound I quite enjoyed the album called Rick Medlocke & Blackfoot; this is 'Rock and Roll Tonight'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WzG64syKHA

There you go. To do it. Just go to You Tube. Play the song you want and then on the address bar ( or whatever it's called) right click, then click on copy. After that go to your reply and click on the chain link icon and a box should appear. Then right click in the box that says URL and then click paste. Then click OK and that should be it.

thanks for that...

here's me trying it...

Johnny Cash - Personal Jesus

How many is this, is anybody keeping score?

you started it all on 7th, your 'hall of fame' made it only 53 in a row so far. :rolleyes:

when we get to 666 may be an apt number, no? :unsure:

Sorry people - I have managed to paste a picture now, but have failed to follow the correct song...

Sorry... :(:blush::frantic:

hurrah, well done on mastering how to embed a youtube link cd, not so well done on failing to whisper, but expect nothing less of you, i do :crazy:

back on track, here's number 54, because .....

it only rock and roll but i like it ..... rolling stones

http://youtu.be/JGaBlygm0UY

from chrisrand.com

Refers to people like up-and-coming rock and pop stars who jump on the football bandwagon without a clue. They appear, for example, on the Soccer A.M. sofa and spout shite about `footy’ to show how cool they are. In one live version of `A Country Practice’ a couple of years back, Nigel summed up his feelings on the matter as he screwed up his eyes and ranted as follows:

“Pop groups on the Saturday morning couch, yawning. Bad wools in the Luther Blissett Stand*. Bands on Soccer AM being asked “Well, you come from Southend do you ever get down to Roots Hall much ?” and they just look to the side to the TV chef, and they look at Razor Ruddock, but Razor Ruddock ain’t gonna help you now boys.

BAND (whispering frantically amongst themselves): What’s Roots Hall? What’s Roots Hall?

PRESENTER: I thought you came from Southend?

BAND: Yeah well there’s four of us in the band and one doesn’t like football. They support Manchester and Liverpool, and I errm, support Arsenal and Chelsea. Here’s our latest single.

PRESENTER: Thanks.”

This scenario is remarkably similar to the one described in the sample verse of the new song. Bad wools in this context = clueless fools, largely but not exclusively from the places like the home counties, largely middle class, with no idea of how to disguise their ignorance of real, traditional football culture at all gracefully.

* I hasten to add that I myself have only ever caught a couple of editions of the execrable excuse for a TV show ‘Soccer AM’, but for those unaware: ‘The Luther Blissett Stand’ is a particularly attention-seeking section of the audience of that particular Saturday morning show called on to represent ‘their’ club, all clad in their horrible shiny overpriced replica shirts of course. They have to take part in certain embarrassing challenges, especially embarrassing to other supporters of their own club, obviously. I am told that Nigel’s new song is not necessarily to be seen as an attack on Soccer AM itself, so much as the clueless fools who go on it, and especially those kinds of rock groups. The song then goes on to broaden the scope of its satire about clueless behaviour in rock circles.

What is really sad is that the Sky generation of kids are taking their example from these people and generally following the creeping shiny Americanisation of our game.

Your humble servant,

Charles Exford,

Hughes Lane,

Oxton

"Rock n Roll Is Full Of Bad Wools" by Half Man Half Biscuit