Musical Chinese Whisper

yoda-jag

Ok it's time for a personal rant first. This next track is recorded live from King Tut's, however the noise of ignorant people talking all the way through drowns out a great performance of a great song. All too often nowadays all that can be heard at gigs in quiet times is the nattering of people. I've heard the Hydro is particularly bad for this. Rant over. Neal Casal with 'Me and Queen Sylvia'.

keeping with the edinburgh theme (scene of our recent victory, and also origin of my last pick), here is debut single released 1997 from another band that originated from our capital city

it's raw, full of teen energy, and lead singer roddy woomble commented in an interview in 2007 ....."i have one copy of ‘queen of the troubled teens’, but the thing is that it’s rubbish. I mean, for what it is – when I look back, like I do with fondness at copies of a favourite book or something – musically it’s just a bunch of 19-year-olds. Of course it’s part of the band’s history, but I think things have moved on.”

yet, following year it started appearing on setlists, due to calls from fans and it being a huge fan-favourite.

queen of the troubled teens ..... idlewild

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnUmpO1v_qs