Worst Ever Scotland Team

SussexJag

(players must have at least a few caps)

Douglas

Anderson; Caldwell; Webster.

Wilson, Iain; Aitken; Holt; Ferguson, Derek.

Spencer; McSwegan; Speedie.

Am sure there is far worse - have blotted much of the past decade from my mind. Probably need a lot of web research to do this justice

Avril would have to be 'head coach' in any worst Scotland side ever. He took fuddery to an entirely new level. The fact that he was an unspeakably arrogant hyper fud - and let's throw in the fact that he dared to contemplate suing Scotland for breach of contract - really endeared him to me.

If it'd been up to me, I would've sued him for aggravated impersonation of a manager, and for theft of oxygen.

• Like 2

Avril would have to be 'head coach' in any worst Scotland side ever. He took fuddery to an entirely new level. The fact that he was an unspeakably arrogant hyper fud - and let's throw in the fact that he dared to contemplate suing Scotland for breach of contract - really endeared him to me.

If it'd been up to me, I would've sued him for aggravated impersonation of a manager, and for theft of oxygen.

if he sued them, he'd have a very strong defence team

but no obvious attacker .................

• Like 1

Where is Chris Iwelumo?

Agreed!! Now at Scunthorpe in League Two.

The worst goalie has to be Jim Blyth whose howler caused a Willie Donnachie own goal against Wales IIRC. He was hyped by his Chairman (the obnoxious and self-righteous) Jimmy Hill who criticised Roughie at every opportunity.

I'd be tempted to put Jimmy Bone on the list for his treatment of Kenny Arthur.

That pr1ck who used to play in goals for the h u n s and lost 5 goals in a game against England (at Hampden I think),,,

.Stewart kennedy looked like something oot of planet of the apes.Also the goalie from the other arse cheek frank haffie .And to think the old firm used to slag roughie tossers

Douglas

Am sure there is far worse - have blotted much of the past decade from my mind. Probably need a lot of web research to do this justice

Why do we have a striker in that squad, worst team must play to the worst managers tactics, 6-4-0

Gary Teale at Right back

did u see the Hungary game??

Was it not Gary Holt who played right back in that game? (In spite never having played there in his career, either before or since.)

Gary Teale is a definite contender for the side though.

Craig Levein is in a league of his own for that job.

Douglas

So it's

Kennedy

Stockdale

Anderson

Wilkie

Caldwell

Ferguson

Holt

Gemmill

Aitken

McSwegan

Iwelumo

???

That is a pish team

Poor Haffey. He may have let 9 goals past him but he wasn't the first choice goalie and he got short notification that either Laurie Leslie or Connachan was injured.

Kennedy was dreadful in the 5-1 game but Frank Munro and Gordon McQueen in front of him did him no favours.

I know he scored at Wembley once but I often wondered what Hugh Curran was.doing wearing a Scotland jersey. At a time when we weren't that bad off for centre forwards he incredibly got selected about half a dozen times.

Clearly there's been some diddies in the last couple of decades but then again Vogts was giving half the country caps. Just before that I wasn't too keen on Matt Elliot or the ginger haired guy that took long throw ins (Harkins or Hawkins???). Then again there's no doubt been worse since then.