Nasty Phone Calls

R2D2

Just had a number of menacing phone calls from a gang of jokers claiming to be Partick Thistle fans... Oddly enough they knew a wee bit about me (I was a Jag, where I work that sort of thing) and to be honest it was a little bit unsettling.

The best bit is that in the two calls (from different mobiles) they didn’t activate the caller ID onto private. And I recorded everything they said.

Calling the cops maybe seems a bit extreme, but I don't know. What would you do?

Just had a number of menacing phone calls from a gang of jokers claiming to be Partick Thistle fans... Oddly enough they knew a wee bit about me (I was a Jag, where I work that sort of thing) and to be honest it was a little bit unsettling.

The best bit is that in the two calls (from different mobiles) they didn’t activate the caller ID onto private. And I recorded everything they said.

Calling the cops maybe seems a bit extreme, but I don't know. What would you do?

Phone the police,you may find it unsettling,but they

could phone someone else who may be terrified.

Be careful - if you didn't tell them they were being recorded you could get done for unauthorised recording (if you try to use it). Its very silly law, but its the law nevertheless.

If you told them they were being recorded...they are dead meat. If they were made aware they were being recorded the recordings become admissable legal evidence.

Be careful - if you didn't tell them they were being recorded you could get done for unauthorised recording (if you try to use it). Its very silly law, but its the law nevertheless.

If you told them they were being recorded...they are dead meat. If they were made aware they were being recorded the recordings become admissable legal evidence.

It's OK, a wee bit digging showed up who done it. And I know them, at least I thought I did. Just a couple of fan***s.

It's OK, a wee bit digging showed up who done it. And I know them, at least I thought I did. Just a couple of fannies.

So, lets get this straight. You got prank called, fell for it, took a hissy fit, now everything's ok because you checked your phonebook and realise it's a prank?

Are you 9 years old?

Jezuz! the last time I got prank called by someone I know, i laughed it off. Patted him on the back for fooling me and moved on.

Infact, you're 12, right?

:lol:

either that or tell your mummy..

:lol::lol:

Quite a while ago this person was phoning my house at random times and being a bit of pain in the arse, I would have blocked the number but instead the next time they phoned I blew an airhorn down the phone at them. Didn't hear much from them after that.

This person phones me at least once a month and asks for "Geeta" and has a hard time believing they are not there!

Also a girl phoned my number 4 times asking for a taxi, the third time I asked if she had been drinking and gave her an actual taxi number, she phoned back and I said "it'll be there in 15 minutes" and went to the pub.

Crazy mofos!

So, lets get this straight. You got prank called, fell for it, took a hissy fit, now everything's ok because you checked your phonebook and realise it's a prank?

indeed, save the hissy fits and outrage (delivered with an obvious lack of maturity) for the main forum, particularly threads discussing the highly signifcant outcome of a bounce match - :)