League Opener At Raith

starks mad

You guys all set for next week? Raith just getting going at the right time. Hopefully continue our good run against you guys with Tade hitting top form at the right time and Baird, who looks like he is full of goals, we might just cause you a few problems next week although we are a bit light in the center of defence without the injured Campbell and Hill. Looking forward to a good game and a home win :rolleyes:

All the best for the season - after next week of course.

You guys all set for next week? Raith just getting going at the right time. Hopefully continue our good run against you guys with Tade hitting top form at the right time and Baird, who looks like he is full of goals, we might just cause you a few problems next week although we are a bit light in the center of defence without the injured Campbell and Hill. Looking forward to a good game and a home win :rolleyes:

No, I don't think we are set for next week. We're neither taking chances in front of goal nor making anything like enough chances in the first place.

Wild guess but we'll play you off the park and have the lion's share of possession for most of the game. Then we'll lose a daft goal and after that not really get back in the game. We'll be generally considered unlucky losers.

Likewise good luck for the rest of the season.

There's apathy aplenty amongst our fans (myself included) regarding our chances this season. The main reason is probably the fact that our squad is more or less the same as last season, where we lost 11 of our 18 games in the second half of the campaign. Couple that with two mediocre performances (albeit victories) against 3rd division opposition in the first 2 cup games of the season and, well, here we are.... :(

I always understood that it was the name of the estate on the ouskirts of Kirkcaldy on which the ground was built. Perhaps a Rovers fan could confirm?

That's roughly right. Back when they were founded they played at Robbie's Park, but they moved to Stark's Park when Robbie's was redeveloped into what is now the Beveridge Park. That part of Kirkcaldy was historically part of the "Raith Estate", although that's the name now associated with a suburban area beside the Beveridge Park, which is pretty much on the edge of Kirkcaldy and just at the back-road off to Auchtertool.

I used to live on the Raith Estate when I was a nipper.

Here's a prediction. Jags huffing and puffing for the first half hour, Kinniburgh looking like he's got the gun pointed at his foot but not quite pulling the trigger.

Tade gets told to pull out wide, one of our centre backs track him, ball gets punted through the middle and Tade beats them to it.

Just a hunch.

There's apathy aplenty amongst our fans (myself included) regarding our chances this season. The main reason is probably the fact that our squad is more or less the same as last season, where we lost 11 of our 18 games in the second half of the campaign. Couple that with two mediocre performances (albeit victories) against 3rd division opposition in the first 2 cup games of the season and, well, here we are.... :(

On the other hand - my first visit to Starks Park (Jan 1962) was on the back of five straight league wins (7 wins in 8 games actually) plus a famous Scottish Cup win at Easter Road.To say we were optimistic is putting it mildly! The result: RR 1 Partick Thistle 0.

So maybe going there with less optimism should bring a different result? That's the magic of supporting the Jags, after all.

You will find yourself through on goal 2 or 3 times. Tade will cause us problems all day long. We will be predictable and toothless going 'forward'.

If I was a fan of any other team in this league bar Stirling and Cowden I'd be ticking Thistle at home off my last as a "should get 3 points" every time. Even Stirling and Cowden will be thinking they should be getting at least a draw.