Scotland V Hungary 1954 Footage ( 2 Jags Playing)

whitburn

My dad was always taking about Johnny McKenzie and Jimmy Davidson amongst others. Here's some footage....fist time I've saw McKenzie in action....he looks like a whippet.

And a photie of Jimmy Davidson...far right. Legend has it that these 2 were superb on the day. We lost 2-4.

Some great names

Ring

Haddock

Wardhaugh

Reilly

Johnston

McKenzie

Davidson

Docherty

I wasnae born but heard some great stories about these two Thistle players and wanted to see what they actually looked like.

First time I've done this and It doesnae seem to work....so just copy and paste the links. Or look up Scotland v Hungary 1954 and you'll get it. Jeez what a dope.

Edited by whitburn
  • Like 1

McKenzie was the first player I ever saw who beat his man by just dropping his shoulder. Think he's still alive and lives on the island where he came from, Mull or Islay.As for big JD there was always a sense of anticipation whenever he took a free kick outside the box. If you got in the way of one of his shots you knew all about it, the balls were so heavy especially when wet and more so if you got hit where the lace was .Ouch!!

I think i still have a half stub ticket for that game that my auld jag supporting Zio kept.

i think you should highlight it to the 'off the ball' crew as it contains film of the most quoted player in their teams of the weeks , Tommy Ring.

Edited by banderas

I think i still have a half stub ticket for that game that my auld jag supporting Zio kept.

i think you should highlight it to the 'off the ball' crew as it contains film of the most quoted player in their teams of the weeks , Tommy Ring.

That's funny already did with Cosgrove.