With Thistle having a free weekend, I thought it might be a good time to have a "name them" quiz. There are lots of answers so everyone will be able to participate!

John Lambie returned as Partick Thistle manager in March 1999 staying with the club until he retired in May 2003. During this spell he played 109 players in competitive matches. Name them.

I'll update this post with the list as people get them. The list is ordered in sequence as players first appeared for him(so 1-11 is his first starting line up in this spell). Numbers 0 and 00 are players who made their last Jags appearance in Lambies first game in charge, a 1-0 defeat to Clyde,

Naturally, with all quizzes, kindly don't refer to old programmes and the History Book!

Good Luck!

Current list:

0. David Kennedy

00. Tommy Bryce

1. Kenny Arthur

2. Graham Connell

3. Scott McArthur

4. Des McKeown

5. Willie Jamieson

6. Alan Archibald

7. Paul McDonald

8. Tommy Callaghan

9. Craig Flannigan

10. Robert Dunn

11. Martin Lauchlan

12. Scott Houston

13. Jamie McKenzie

14. Gregg Hood

15. Gordon Burns

16. Kemo Avidu

17. Steven Bonar

18. Sammy Johnston

19. Kevin Gaughan

20. Kevin McCann

21. Willie Howie

22. Gavin Duncan

23. Ray Montgomerie

24. Kenny Brannigan

25. Eric Paton

26. Albert Craig

27. Scott Miller

28. Stephen Docherty

29. Isaac English

30. Ritchie Newall

31. Steven Dallas

32. Kevin Budinaukas

33. Eddie McGuinness

34. David Elliot

35. Tom McAllister

36. Quinton Jacobs

37. Andy Walker

38. Derek Ferguson

39. Derek Lyle

40. Alec Nesovic

41. Paul McIntyre

42. Liam McVey

43. Brian Martin

44. Danny Lennon

45. Scott McLean

46. Peter Lindau

47. Jonny Blom

48. Derek McWilliams

49. Ian Swan

50. Martin Hardie

51. Dave Rogers

52. Russell Huggon

53. Russell Kelly

54. Paul Rodden

55. David McCallum

56. Jered Stirling

57. Jamie Smith

58. Ian Cameron

59. Paul McGrillen

60. Alan Moore

61. Michael Brown

62. Stephen Craigen

63. Emilio Bottiglieri

64. Sandy Stewart

65. Gregory Laget

66. Mark McNally

67. George Shaw

68. Brian Hamilton

69. Derek Collins

70. Barry Elliot

71. Garry Gow

72. Richard Huxford

73. Scott Paterson

74. Denis Connaghan

75. Paddy Kelly

76. Gerry Britton

77. Jamie Dolan

78. James McKinstry

79. Derek Fleming

80. Mark Nicholls

81. Murray McDowall

82. Paul Walker

83. David Klein

84. Stephen Watson

85. Paul Deas

86. Marc McCulloch

87. Jean-Phillipe Jarvery

88. Andy Gibson

89. Leon Constantine

90. Alex Burns

91. Andy Roddie

92. Martin Cameron

93. Steven McAnespie

94. Jamie Mitchell

95. Jamie Buchan

96. Derek Whyte

97. David Lillley

98. Ricky Waddell

99. Chic Charnley

100. Kenny Milne

101. Ian Morris

102. Daniele Chiarini

103. Ian Ross

104. David Rowson

105. Kevin McGowne

106. Gavin Rushford

107. Matthew Shields

Edited by jagscast
  • Like 2

It's harder than it seems as I get decades mixed up, never mind managers i.e. Collins / Whyte - Britton era as I was ready to shout 2 Andy Gibsons. Anyhow, Alex Burns, Jamie Mitchell, Leon Constantine (?), Simon Storey. I want to say Adrian Madaschi and Danielle Chiarini but I'm not convinced I have the right season for them.

I'm sure it was Lambie who gambled with the juniors? I'll go for Stevie Dallas, Eddie McGuinness, Tam Paton and Gavin Duncan??

Other obscure ones I remember; Derek Collins, Dave Rogers, David Klein, Denis Connaghan, Richie Huxford, Russell Huggan and Emilio Bottiglieri! ( I think?!)

All correct except Tam Paton.

David McCallum

Steven (Stephen?) Docherty

Mark McNally

Jamie Smith?

All correct.

It's harder than it seems as I get decades mixed up, never mind managers i.e. Collins / Whyte - Britton era as I was ready to shout 2 Andy Gibsons. Anyhow, Alex Burns, Jamie Mitchell, Leon Constantine (?), Simon Storey. I want to say Adrian Madaschi and Danielle Chiarini but I'm not convinced I have the right season for them.

All correct except Simon Storey(who signed in August 2007) and Adrian Madaschi(who signed in October 2003)

Des McKeown, Gus Caesar (dodgy call)

Des McKeown - correct

Gus Caeser - incorrect. He was a 45 minute experiment away to Ayr in 1997.

Kenny Brannigan. He was bowfin

Quinton Jacobs, Derek Lyle, Eric Paton? Brian Martin? Robert Dunn, Brian Hamilton

All correct

Gary Gow - never played in a losing team (except a penalty shoot out I think) - dropped after only 5 games and replaced by the appalling Klein - poor call Lambie!

Correct. Garry Gow was part of the losing Challenge Cup team at Clyde. He got injured in the 3-1 away win at Arbroath, Kenny Arthur appearing off the bench. He started the game against Ayr 2 weeks later and never played again. I think, from memory, he was part-time which might not have helped.

Sandy Stewart, I'm pretty sure. It's strange we are missing a lot of his Premier signings as Alex Burns was First division. Did we have Albert Craig again at one point? What about Jose Quitongo? It's difficult as I was posted missing for some seasons. Stevie Ross or Mr. Angry as he known, was he around this time . . . can't we just play players from his first time round instead?

Sandy Stewart, I'm pretty sure. It's strange we are missing a lot of his Premier signings as Alex Burns was First division. Did we have Albert Craig again at one point? What about Jose Quitongo? It's difficult as I was posted missing for some seasons. Stevie Ross or Mr. Angry as he known, was he around this time . . . can't we just play players from his first time round instead?

Sandy Stewart and Albert Craig are correct

Jose Quitongo's only Thistle appearance came in 2006, while Stevie Ross's last game for Thistle was November 1998.

David Lilley and Kevin McGeowne

Both Correct

Can't see Chic Charnley anywhere. Played in Lambie's 4th spell at 39/40.

Also a guy from the juniors was Tom McAllister. Have a think about this when I'm making lunch then come back with more.

edit: Ian Ross was the other guy signed along with Rowser and McGowne.

Kenny Milne would be our other left back at this time

Paul McDonald scored the penalty vs Forfar to stop up going to D3, Martin Lauchlan would have been in that team as well as would

KEMO AVDIU!!!

Edited by Ancipital
  • Like 1

I think the people criticising Archie for the odd dodgy signing could look at some of the names on this list.

Was Jorge Cadette in Lambie's time?

that was Britton and Whyte

Would never have got Huggon and Rogers but they've reminded me of Scott Miller (or maybe Millar) dreadful striker we got from Clydebank.

Who was the guy we swapped for Kenny Brannigan? Right back, can't remember his name. Though that has just reminded me that David Elliot came back under Lambie to play left back at that time, which in turn reminds me of Barry Elliott. It's all done by association.

No Christie Elliott though.

Can't see Chic Charnley anywhere. Played in Lambie's 4th spell at 39/40.

Also a guy from the juniors was Tom McAllister. Have a think about this when I'm making lunch then come back with more.

edit: Ian Ross was the other guy signed along with Rowser and McGowne.

Kenny Milne would be our other left back at this time

Paul McDonald scored the penalty vs Forfar to stop up going to D3, Martin Lauchlan would have been in that team as well as would

KEMO AVDIU!!!

All Correct.

I think the people criticising Archie for the odd dodgy signing could look at some of the names on this list.

Was Jorge Cadette in Lambie's time?

He was not. Cadette signed in February 2004.