Dug1e

we played and lost 3-1 to Hamilton. Near the end they brought on a young lad as a sub keeper.

Joshua Rae. he is roughly about 14 years old,

He comes from Croy and is Celtic daft. so I am told. He was invited over to Spain to train with Real Madrid and spent a week there. Then he was at Liverpool.

Thing is in the local area rumour has it that Celtic have given Hamilton 100k for him.

Is this madness for one so young?

Too much pressure?

good luck to the lad.

What happened to s-forms?

we played and lost 3-1 to Hamilton. Near the end they brought on a young lad as a sub keeper.

Joshua Rae. he is roughly about 14 years old,

He comes from Croy and is Celtic daft. so I am told. He was invited over to Spain to train with Real Madrid and spent a week there. Then he was at Liverpool.

Thing is in the local area rumour has it that Celtic have given Hamilton 100k for him.

Is this madness for one so young?

Too much pressure?

good luck to the lad.

What happened to s-forms?

It was Atletico Madrid he went to train with and who wanted to sign him but like English clubs they would need to wait until he was 16yrs of age to do so. (Liverpool and Everton were interested and no doubt a host of others would be lining up deals for him)

Celtic released him 2yrs ago and now have got him back although the figure of £100,000 was what i heard also.

It's nothing new for Celtic or Rangers to spend money on youth players from other clubs and to be honest not many go on to make it.

I know Rangers have spent alot of money in the past on youth players who are not even at the club anymore.

Celtic bought a couple of Hamilton boys a few years ago for decent money but they are older than this lad Joshua.

Clubs get a training fee for each year a club has coached them but Hamilton have received alot more than this and maybe have secured other future add ons.

Celtic's 14's lost to Rangers 14's the other week and someone mentioned on a youth football site as it was the second time this season they have lost against Rangers the cheque book would come out and next day they sign this lad from Hamilton.

For me although the boy is going to arguably the best youth set up in Scotland I think his development would be better served staying at Hamilton.

The lad being a Celtic supporter makes it difficult to say no even though they released him 2yrs ago.

For the boys sake i hope he has made the right move as he is obviously a talented lad even though he has a long long way to go before you could say if he will make it or not at the highest level.

Good luck to him and i hope he can handle the extra pressure this move has brought him

I also hope Hamiltion who didn't want to lose him have done well out of the deal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/26480459

Those look like Kenny Arthur goalies gloves :happy2:

Seems daft the lad going back to Celtic, he's obviously made a lot of progress since they released him, so why go back? The fact he is a Celtic fan shouldn't matter, and considering how well some young players from Hamilton have done in recent years, you'd think he have the sense to stay put for a while before going to a bigger club.

It's absolutely crazy to pay that kind of money for a 13/14 year old. We all know guys who were brilliant at that age but 2 years later they were in to drink/drugs/women etc and done nothing more. Very unfair pressure on the young lad as well

He is far too young yet to know how things will turn out but clubs the size of Celtic will take that gamble.

He has been playing a few years above his age level and represented Scotland so the talent is obviously there and i wish him well.

Those look like Kenny Arthur goalies gloves :happy2:

Seems daft the lad going back to Celtic, he's obviously made a lot of progress since they released him, so why go back? The fact he is a Celtic fan shouldn't matter, and considering how well some young players from Hamilton have done in recent years, you'd think he have the sense to stay put for a while before going to a bigger club.

It would make sense to stay at Accie's as Celtic's interest won't go away.

He would develop at Hamilton as it's a good set up and he would see a bit more action in games which should help his development more than if he is not called into action often at Celtic.

The boy probably has a point to prove and his family didn't want him going down south at 16 and Celtic was the preferred option for the boy and his family

Thank you for the info Bilko. I remember playing boys club at that age. s forms was the dream not 100k transfers

It was the same for me :)

Edited by billko

lol. thats funny. you will see we were talking about a keeper.

played with a couple that went senior. was invited for a trial with a team that one guy played with and made it. he even wore the red and yellow.

heard he was the worst player in the team. turned it on for the scouts. probably just jealousy.

Someone can cast this post up when I'm proved spectacularly wrong but stories like this make me despair & tell you a lot about Scottish Football in general in terms of youngsters.

How's Celtic youth system looking at the moment in terms of bringing through players? (Or as it's more commonly known, James Forrest!)

I know it's been reported the boy "Celtic daft" but why on earth would you want to go to a club whose record of bringing through home grown players is negligible to say the least. They go spend £millions on guys, hype them up as next Larsson then release them within a couple of years.

The league littered with boys who started off at Celtic & the club formerly known as Rangers then released before they've even stopped growing physically!

You can't help but think that this boy will suffer the same thing as he's done previously with Celtic, namely let go. I know if it was my boy I'd be encouraging him to stay with teams like Accies & hopefully in future ourselves. If they're good enough then they'll be playing first team football at a relatively young age & Athletico Madrid or clubs down South- along with the ugly sisters- will still be interested in him.

It's not as though at age 14 he's being paid. Might get a track suit, blazer & tie along with Leigh Griffiths' autograph but apart from that the chances are he'll be playing part time football, if playing at all, by time he's 20.

Edited by Trotter