Save Our Football Clubs Campaign

The Sunnylaw Jag

I was recently contacted in regards to the Save Our Football Clubs campaign. This has been formed on the back of foreign ownership in England and Wales, where the owners have changed or attempted to change intrinsic parts of the clubs traditions. This includes changing the Cardiff strip from Blue to Red as well the highly publicised possible name change from Hull City to Hull Tigers. The campaign is looking to the F.A. to legislate against such things as these. I know this doesn't effect us now but with the Chinese due to show live SPL games from next year who's to say that some clubs may have foreign investment in the near future up here as well. I imagine if the F.A were to bring into being this legislation surely the SFA would look to also. If you would like to sign the petition please follow this link.

http://www.change.or...lubs-traditions

Just in regards to this, what would people be willing to give up for large foreign investement? Would a change of stadium name be acceptable? A change of colours, partial name change? A new home away from the city?

I can think of one poster on here who wouldn't mind in the least if we played in royal blue, changed our name to Sevco North and called the stadium the Superallydrome. Hell of a price to pay for financial investment but at least we'd be assured of getting our Youth team reports.

Seriously I'd be very concerned about the "investment" in the first place. If it's in the shape of the Dundonian or Livingstonian model that would worry me. Whereas if there's an oriental Roy McGregor out there wanting to invest then I'd be much more reassured.

I'd take a change of stadium name anytime. No one apart from Billy Dodds & his BBC chums ever refer to a new name anyway. I'm sure Victoria Pk in Dingwall has a new title but I'd be surprised if that many know it.

Unlike many others I'm very wary of moving into a new stadium. That's alright for clubs that are on the up and can stay on top but I've yet to see many success stories. ICT, Falkirk, Binos, St Mirren etc, their stadia are just tolerable to visit twice a season. Imagine having to make your way out to these grounds every two weeks especially if the team ain't performing.

Change of colours? Never, tho' someone will point out that we did just that 80 odd years ago.

Just in regards to this, what would people be willing to give up for large foreign investement? Would a change of stadium name be acceptable? A change of colours, partial name change? A new home away from the city?

Quite happy to take say £400 million from Thai or Indian business men with the only change being their local food being on sale in the pie hut

Was that the time for the publicity shot or was it during a game?

The rest of the team used to go for water bottles, but big DJ used to have a meal set for him at the side of the park for when he was peckish (Usually every 5-10 minutes), the Ashoka deal merely paid his "In match snacks" in return for the name on the shirt, if rumours are true this cost Ashoka nearly a grand a game keeping him fed.