The Board

macjag

• Members

They cant though , the banks are calling the shots now for most clubs in scotland and will not allow any further credit. So unless some directors finances that then IMO sacking McCall will not happen any time soon.

The lack of an 'irony' smiley is very disadvantageous on these forums! ;)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

imo protests are useless just now.

i think come maybe say the end of the 1st quarter of games and we are still in deep trouble then a protest would work. the way to maximise its potential is if the fans who dont take much notice of off field stuff are sick of the team being terrible on top of the ever growing financial problems.

And there it is, the knee-jerk mob mentality I was talking about. You may be right but first we need to be clear on why? What we want to achieve and how we intend to achieve it... otherwise a lot of fans will not back it, myself included. I have no answers and it appears no one on here has any they're willing to share!

Wake up and smell the coco :blink: If you think what everyone is saying and thinking on here is just a knee jerk reaction to one game.It's not a knee jerk thing .It's a long long over due reaction to the running down of our club since gerry collins took over

We now in the main argee the board needs to go cause if they don't it's the club that will go.It's just a means of how do we get rid

I don't believe a protest is the most usefull mechanism of getting rid of a Bod but we need one to voice our anger and dismay with whats going on as a support

Speak up and speak out :thumbsup2:

Wake up and smell the coco :blink: If you think what everyone is saying and thinking on here is just a knee jerk reaction to one game.It's not a knee jerk thing .It's a long long over due reaction to the running down of our club since gerry collins took over

We now in the main argee the board needs to go cause if they don't it's the club that will go.It's just a means of how do we get rid

I don't believe a protest is the most usefull mechanism of getting rid of a Bod but we need one to voice our anger and dismay with whats going on as a support

Speak up and speak out :thumbsup2:

Deliberatre pun :D ?Protesting outside the doors of Firhill on Saturday without thinking through the objective IS a knee-jerk reaction, I never said anything about it being about the game...its nothing to do with yesterday, its the past decade thats the problem. An organised protest cannot be organised in less than a week, FACT!

So are we unwilling to do anything, or just don't care? So we die on our arse, rather than die on our feet while trying.

Its not the position for fans to plan, that's what a BoD are for. Its our job to stand up if we think the job that the BoD are doing is shoddy and unsatisfactory.

If Jags fans are unwilling to do anything, I'm ashamed to call myself one! During Save The Jags we succeeded through unity, we all grouped together. Now, once again we stare down the barrel of a loaded gun, and we won't do anything.

I don't know what will happen if the board are kicked out, however I do know what will happen if they remain! The lack of transparency annoys me! We have no idea what is going on.

If that board remains, where will we be, do you think they have a long term solution to turns us into a financially secure and prosperous club, I think not :thumbdown:

So are we unwilling to do anything, or just don't care? So we die on our arse, rather than die on our feet while trying.

Its not the position for fans to plan, that's what a BoD are for. Its our job to stand up if we think the job that the BoD are doing is shoddy and unsatisfactory.

If Jags fans are unwilling to do anything, I'm ashamed to call myself one! During Save The Jags we succeeded through unity, we all grouped together. Now, once again we stare down the barrel of a loaded gun, and we won't do anything.

I don't know what will happen if the board are kicked out, however I do know what will happen if they remain! The lack of transparency annoys me! We have no idea what is going on.

If that board remains, where will we be, do you think they have a long term solution to turns us into a financially secure and prosperous club, I think not :thumbdown:

No-one has said we should do nothing, and others have already answered your cop out of 'its not the fans job to plan', if you want a protest you HAVE TO plan it. We can't just turn up and shout "sack the Board" outside Firhill. Are you reading what others say?

No-one has said we should do nothing, and others have already answered your cop out of 'its not the fans job to plan', if you want a protest you HAVE TO plan it. We can't just turn up and shout "sack the Board" outside Firhill. Are you reading what others say?

With the "not the fans' job to plan" you are being far too widespread in its use. Of course a protest needs some sort of vague planning/ideas etc, but you are tarring that with the same brush as those who feel that planning for the next step as far as the club is concerned is a the BoD's responsibilty. No-one is saying bang the doors of Firhill and hope for the best. They are only saying that we cannot plan the future direction of the club as it is not our position to do so.

Edited by The Terminator

With the "not the fans' job to plan" you are being far too widespread in its use. Of course a protest needs some sort of vague planning/ideas etc, but you are tarring that with the same brush as those who feel that planning for the next step as far as the club is concerned is a the BoD's responsibilty. No-one is saying bang the doors of Firhill and hope for the best. They are only saying that we cannot plan the future direction of the club as it is not our position to do so.

I don't think so, others have interpreted it as something that it was not intended to be. I thought I was clear, obviously not. By 'plan' I mean in terms of a protest but I'm talking about more than just the logistcal planning of a protest, I'm also talking about the reasoning behind protesting in the first place. Not going over it all again, but I think my posts make it crystal clear what Im saying, if they dont you can look at Juniors post re Man Utd fans for an example of the kind of thing I'm talking about.

I don't think so, others have interpreted it as something that it was not intended to be. I thought I was clear, obviously not. By 'plan' I mean in terms of a protest but I'm talking about more than just the logistcal planning of a protest, I'm also talking about the reasoning behind protesting in the first place. Not going over it all again, but I think my posts make it crystal clear what Im saying, if they dont you can look at Juniors post re Man Utd fans for an example of the kind of thing I'm talking about.

THE REASONING BEHIND A PROTEST! You need a reason! Ah, I'm not going over it again, I'd be taking liberty! :huh:

A gubbing by Dundee on Saturday (and let's face it, not even the happiest of clappers believes it'll be anything else), followed by a few other p1sh results - i.e., ditto at Morton and the JH will be empty for the rest of the season.

We are probably two defeats away from the situation with the Bunnet where the Board had to take action as the fans stayed away in droves. Personally, I won't be paying to watch the likes of Bombscare and Backwards, high balls punted up to midgets, shite substitutions, and piss poor tactics outwitted by every other manager in the league.

"We need a system that first and foremost makes us difficult to beat" Bunter's increasing distance from reality is franly alarming: a) why were we not already playing such a system, or is this an admission that he knew were easy to beat and did nothing about it? b ) the implication is that we were engrossed in playing such startlingly flamboyant football that we forgot how to defend propoerly - if we were, I missed it.

McCall is veering dangerously close to the bunker mentality of his predecessor - he'll be calling us keyboard warriors next (Chapter 11: Bunnet Book Of Excuses - Slagging Off The Twats Who Pay You To Live The Dream).

Fcuking sick listening to it.

Edited by Semi Nurainen

THE REASONING BEHIND A PROTEST! You need a reason! Ah, I'm not going over it again, I'd be taking liberty! :huh:

Let me try this again in a more civilised manner!

Please, take a liberty...pretty please! If you think I dont understand the reasons for a protest then you are wrong, very very wrong. The reasoning (or if you prefer, 'being clear on what you are protesting against, what you want to achieve from it, how your going to achieve it and how it will work) is what Im talking about. Read what other people are saying before being condescending towards them when there is no need for it.

A gubbing by Dundee on Saturday (and let's face it, not even the happiest of clappers believes it'll be anything else), followed by a few other p1sh results - i.e., ditto at Morton and the JH will be empty for the rest of the season.

We are probably two defeats away from the situation with the Bunnet where the Board had to take action as the fans stayed away in droves. Personally, I won't be paying to watch the likes of Bombscare and Backwards, high balls punted up to midgets, shite substitutions, and piss poor tactics outwitted by every other manager in the league.

"We need a system that first and foremost makes us difficult to beat" Bunter's increasing distance from reality is franly alarming: a) why were we not already playing such a system, or is this an admission that he knew were easy to beat and did nothing about it? b ) the implication is that we were engrossed in playing such startlingly flamboyant football that we forgot how to defend propoerly - if we were, I missed it.

McCall is veering dangerously close to the bunker mentality of his predecessor - he'll be calling us keyboard warriors next (Chapter 11: Bunnet Book Of Excuses - Slagging Off The Twats Who Pay You To Live The Dream).

Fcuking sick listening to it.

Great post :thumbsup2:

All of it.

But especially the bit I emboldened.

Yours sincerely,

Yoda, a Keyboard AND Jedi Warrior