U20 V The Rangers

Lionel J. Botch

Game listed on the web page for today with no ok time or venue. Anyone know where and when?

20's game listed on the Rangers site and the SPFL site is on Wed 16th with a 7pm ko at Dumbarton.

The Youth teams have some games this week with the U13's playing today at the Firhill Complex against a US Olympic Development Squad 2.30pm ko

Wed 16th April

U12's are playing the younger US squad

Thurs 17th

U15's v Glentoran at Firhill Complex 2.30pm ko

Busy week for the Academy with all the teams training every day this week or having a game.

No holiday time for full time youth players :D

• Like 2

20's game listed on the Rangers site and the SPFL site is on Wed 16th with a 7pm ko at Dumbarton.

The Youth teams have some games this week with the U13's playing today at the Firhill Complex against a US Olympic Development Squad 2.30pm ko

Wed 16th April

U12's are playing the younger US squad

Thurs 17th

U15's v Glentoran at Firhill Complex 2.30pm ko

Busy week for the Academy with all the teams training every day this week or having a game.

No holiday time for full time youth players :D

and there is an under 16's game at lochinch on thursday at 2.30pm also, against Glentoran.

who you supporting right now billko?

When it's the youth teams i would be red n yella all the way ;)

Went to the Thistle 20's game v Rangers at Firhill as a neutral looking to see a good game of football and to see what young talent was on show.

Rangers won that game 3-1 but had quite a strong side out.

Went to the Thistle 20's game v Rangers at Firhill as a neutral looking to see a good game of football and to see what young talent was on show.

Rangers won that game 3-1 but had quite a strong side out.

We didn't play that great that night to be honest.

I also feared the worse when Hutton broke his ankle after getting tangled up following a Fraser tackle. We were exploiting a loophole playing the lad during his ban. Could've made for terrible publicity but Hutton to his credit was quick to exonerate Gary.

We didn't play that great that night to be honest.

I also feared the worse when Hutton broke his ankle after getting tangled up following a Fraser tackle. We were exploiting a loophole playing the lad during his ban. Could've made for terrible publicity but Hutton to his credit was quick to exonerate Gary.

It was just one of those things that happens in football and i got a good view of the unfortunate incident and Fraser was totally blameless.in it.

Rangers did have players like Templeton and Shiels playing that had that little bit extra but if Thistle had took a couple of chances that came there way it might have been different.

Scott Mckenzie has some really good players to pick from and i think 4 or 5 of the U17's are getting experience tonight against Rangers which is great for them.

U15 Centre Back played and was excellent last Friday night against Rangers U17's in the Glasgow Cup and shows that Thistle has some great talent coming through from the Academy

I think that is the loophole in that a ban should be a ban no matter 20's or first team football.

But that would make absolutely no sense. Are you suggesting a player who gets a ban in a first team game should be able to serve it in an Under 20s game?

If a player was banned for X games then it should be served at first team level, as that is the "proper"(for want of a better word) competitive aspect.

It's irrelevant anyway, GF didn't cause Hutton's leg break and despite a reporter tweeting about it to make it seem like he was, there was justifiably no reaction to it.

But that would make absolutely no sense. Are you suggesting a player who gets a ban in a first team game should be able to serve it in an Under 20s game?

If a player was banned for X games then it should be served at first team level, as that is the "proper"(for want of a better word) competitive aspect.

It's irrelevant anyway, GF didn't cause Hutton's leg break and despite a reporter tweeting about it to make it seem like he was, there was justifiably no reaction to it.

If a player is banned then it should be from all football especially if it was for something really serious.

I don't think it would be right for any senior player who is over age for U20's to be allowed to keep playing at a lower level if he is banned at senior level

Not many U20's players would get the chance to play up in a first team if they got the ban preventing them to play at the lower level so it will be mainly players playing down a level it affects

I have no idea who was mischief making of Fraser's involvement in the Hutton incident but reporters do this alot and the important thing is Hutton, everyone at Rangers and all of us who watched the game that night at Firhill all knew it was a complete accident.

Edited by billko