New Supporters Club.

digger

Following on from a very productive meeting with Keith Ferguson of the Scottish Disabled Supporters Association last night it has been agreed with everyone who attended that the Jags Disabled Supporters Club should be formed.

The aim of the Club will be to enhance the Firhill experience for its members and promote it's aims and objectives to all Thistle fans. More details will be made available in the coming weeks.

• Like 7

Great news digger. I saw the news item the other day.

What was the content of discussions?

The JDSC would co exist under the umbrella of the SDSA, for too long disabled supporters and their carers have had to endure sub standard facilities as well as being exposed to the elements, this is some of the issues that the SDSA are trying to address with the help of the Clubs and fans alike. As I said PT their will be more info in the weeks ahead mate.
  • Like 1

I saw the notice on Tuesday evening, but it was too late to organise going to the meeting with my nephew who is disabled and an ST holder. Was this the only way that the meeting was communicated ? I think having a Disabled Supporters club is a great idea, but surely a day's notice is too little to allow for the maximum possible attendance?

I saw the notice on Tuesday evening, but it was too late to organise going to the meeting with my nephew who is disabled and an ST holder. Was this the only way that the meeting was communicated ? I think having a Disabled Supporters club is a great idea, but surely a day's notice is too little to allow for the maximum possible attendance?

Good luck with this guys great idea

Following on from a very productive meeting with Keith Ferguson of the Scottish Disabled Supporters Association last night it has been agreed with everyone who attended that the Jags Disabled Supporters Club should be formed.

The aim of the Club will be to enhance the Firhill experience for its members and promote it's aims and objectives to all Thistle fans. More details will be made available in the coming weeks.

as others have said fantastic news digger and all the best with thie new supporters club mate

A great initiative and sincere thanks are extended to Keith for all his help in getting this project off the ground, additional thanks to Ian Bateman and also to the Jag's Trust for their support and assistance.

A word about the short notice, I too only found out about the meeting a day or so beforehand and I agree that a bit more notice would have been preferable. However, the important thing was to get the concept up and running and we really can't complain about reality (we'll leave that to supporters of other clubs in Glasgow!), in any event it is hoped that more disabled supporters and their friends, families and personal assistants can get involved in the weeks and months ahead.

Although interim office bearers are in place this is purely temporary until such times as the club is in a position to hold elections etc. Therefore, there is plenty of scope for anyonE who wants to to get involved. :fan:

Hi Lenziejag, in response I can tell you that a notice was placed in the programme when we played Hearts on April 5th in the Jags Trust page. Which obviously you may have missed if you didnt buy it on the day.

Hi Lenziejag, in response I can tell you that a notice was placed in the programme when we played Hearts on April 5th in the Jags Trust page. Which obviously you may have missed if you didnt buy it on the day.

Thanks Digger. I know it is impossible to reach everybody as not all supporters will buy a programme or read the club website. Are you able to use the clubs database to contact disabled fans, as well ?

Thanks Digger. I know it is impossible to reach everybody as not all supporters will buy a programme or read the club website. Are you able to use the clubs database to contact disabled fans, as well ?

If you or anyone you know be it disabled, carer or family member feels that by joining the JDSC it would benefit them then they will be more than welcome to join us. All members of the Club will receive news of events etc as and when its needed. Join up mate.

If you or anyone you know be it disabled, carer or family member feels that by joining the JDSC it would benefit them then they will be more than welcome to join us. All members of the Club will receive news of events etc as and when its needed. Join up mate.

Can we do that now. How do we do that?

Can we do that now. How do we do that?

Sorry I didnt reply sooner, nerves shot to pieces after the match. All the relevant information about JDSC will be available within the next few weeks via the official Club website and match programme Lenziejag.