Youth Cup Final. A Shameful Repeat.

Butters

I think this attitude that nothing can be done about it is nonsense, quite frankly I'd be the first to say tht it is a societal problem but Celtic and particulary Rangwrs in recent years have been only too keen to cash on as Mr. Easdale called it last week the loyalty of our supporters. Anyone with even a passing knowledge of the West of Scotland is aware of the subtext here. Please note, I am not going to bore anyone with a tiresome rendition of the percieved wrongs committed by both clubs over the past 100 years or so it'd be very boring.

However if its a societal poblem then surey as a society its long since past time that we should say enough is enough and that we don;t want our society polluted any more by people who think it is acceptable to continue acting as people did in the 17th century, well its not since it asn't!

Much as I see it.

If tho' ripping up seats is a societal problem with the clubs themselves excused from responsibility and a third party foots the bill how come these clubs can benefit from those causing the problems and not the third party? If a couple of Jags fans were to cause damage at the away end of Easter Rd on Saturday and escape detection would it be viewed as a "society issue"?

Totally agree with those advocating hard line "get in amongst the offenders and lift them there and then" strategy.

Polis are not paid to keep schtum and boot a few doors in after the event; that would only be justifiable in very few, pre-planned, high level operations.

The News needs to be showing the offences at these games immediately followed by swift pro-active police intervention involving, where required, several dozen arrests and suspension of play while the huckling is taking place. These animals need to be subject to massive news coverage and the application of exceptionally harsh sanctions to the clubs involved.

Only then can the authorities begin to claim, with straight faces, that sectarian cancer is being dealt with in any meaningful way. Until then. . .

Ok, just 1 question for all of you that advocate lifting them at the game. At the next 1st team old firm game there will be between 50,000 to 60,000 fans and at least 50%-80% at least will sing some sectarian/ bigoted song or chant. So where will the police take at least 30,000 fans, don't think all the police stations or jails can hold an extra 30000 even for a weekender.

Ok, just 1 question for all of you that advocate lifting them at the game. At the next 1st team old firm game there will be between 50,000 to 60,000 fans and at least 50%-80% at least will sing some sectarian/ bigoted song or chant. So where will the police take at least 30,000 fans, don't think all the police stations or jails can hold an extra 30000 even for a weekender.

Why do they need to arrest them and put them in the jail?

How about advising that people witnessed singing sectarian songs risk having their details taken, being banned from future games, issued an on the spot fine and ejected from the ground.

Take them out, and spend 90 minutes working through the crowd.

You don't need to throw every single one out, but start by making an example, come the fourth game of the season, how many will be acting in that way compared to the first?

• Like 1

Only 1800 Rangers fans at the game. Thats all they needed to control. Less than a full North Stand.

They has sniffer dogs outside the ground. and were doing searches.

How many arrests were there?

Oops you've changed your tune, so do you want them arrested or name taken and then thrown out? You cannot have both. Lifting people on mass would not work, cos there's too many of the bigots at their games. Maybe work if they start doing at their away games and set an example to the thousands that attend home games.

At least we agree that something has to be done with both bigot brothers and not just one.

You seem to be making a habit of misunderstanding or misrepresenting my posts. I didn't demand people be arrested.

I asked how many had been.

Ironically my question was in response to yoda suggesting arrests take place at the game, I wasn't suggesting it, in the post you quoted.

Try agAin.

Edited by potty trained

Thats why water canons, tear gas and rubber bullets were invented

You seem to be making a habit of misunderstanding or misrepresenting my posts. I didn't demand people be arrested.

I asked how many had been.

Ironically my question was in response to yoda suggesting arrests take place at the game, I wasn't suggesting it, in the post you quoted.

Try agAin.

You seem to have a habit of changing your mind, if you don't want them arrested then stop asking repeatedly how many arrests were made. Backtrack.com

You seem to have a habit of changing your mind, if you don't want them arrested then stop asking repeatedly how many arrests were made. Backtrack.com

Changing my mind?

i can embrace many different opinions on how to deal with this issue. in a discussion, you don't need to stick to one rigid point of view, you can discuss multiple solutions. You seem to be mixing up a debate and a discussion.

Can i ask that we end our discussion here, i have no interest in continuing this, it serves no benefit at all to me, and i can imagine even less to anyone reading it.

Thats why water canons, tear gas and rubber bullets were invented

or we could adopt the kenny everett method :whistling:

http://youtu.be/xGMWZJlA0QA

:drink2::party2::party::party2::drink2:

:shakeshout: