Youth Cup Final. A Shameful Repeat.

Butters

http://www.dailyreco...mbs-mar-3472041

Nice to see they can be trusted to behave at a youth game. Looks like a carbon copy of the scenes from Firhill a couple of years ago.

And we are constantly told that Scottish Football is dying on it's a*se without the "Old firm" games.

In any civilised country these games would have been banned years ago and the two clubs closed down.I am afraid that is the only way to stop this nonsense.

• Like 1

http://www.dailyreco...mbs-mar-3472041

Nice to see they can be trusted to behave at a youth game. Looks like a carbon copy of the scenes from Firhill a couple of years ago.

And we are constantly told that Scottish Football is dying on it's a*se without the "Old firm" games.

That's two years in a row that these scum have shamed Glasgow! Given that this years vile events have taken place at parkhead as opposed to Firhill you can bet your bottom Dollar that something will get done, after all it's not a wee diddy club being sh*t upon this time.

After last years events, both inside and outside the ground, I was appalled at how few arrests were made. Given the security cameras inside the ground and CCTV outside you would have thought that significant numbers of the offenders would have been brought to justice but from what I can remember seeing only a handful of people were charged. It will be very interesting to see what happens this time around.

The other major question is will the SFA will take action against the ugly sisters for the behaviour of their, so called, fans? Sectarianism, flares, smoke bombs, vandalism............for a second consecutive year, and all this at an under 17 game. Quite sickening!. Will the governing body have the balls to heavily fine both clubs and kick them out of the Glasgow Cup? It will be interesting to see. Whilst I expect to see more prosecutions this time around I have a strong suspicion that when it comes to punishing the clubs a blind eye will once again be turned. :no:

Edited by Camallain
  • Like 1

Ok..lets ban every team who's supporters let of flares or smoke bombs! Not be many teams left in the SPFL or Europe. Didn't see to much on here about Dundee Uniteds fans letting off 5 or 6 at their semi final. Also Motherwell fans have done it this year, but no shouting to ban their teams. We cannot have 1 rule for them and 1 for the rest of us.

Some people on here cannot live their daily lives without having a go at the "h*ns" as they are called on here or Celtic. So ******* what they let of flares or smoke bombs, let the police deal with them and put your energy into something worth while.

As so many say on here who gives a feck about the old firm. If it wasn't for them, some on here wouldn't have anything to bitch about.

Ok..lets ban every team who's supporters let of flares or smoke bombs! Not be many teams left in the SPFL or Europe. Didn't see to much on here about Dundee Uniteds fans letting off 5 or 6 at their semi final. Also Motherwell fans have done it this year, but no shouting to ban their teams. We cannot have 1 rule for them and 1 for the rest of us.

Some people on here cannot live their daily lives without having a go at the "h*ns" as they are called on here or Celtic. So ******* what they let of flares or smoke bombs, let the police deal with them and put your energy into something worth while.

As so many say on here who gives a feck about the old firm. If it wasn't for them, some on here wouldn't have anything to bitch about.

If you bothered to read the article it said there were groups of fans ignoring the game and just singing sectarian nonsense and trying to get at each other. Then again this is something that has happened before with these teams. They have a long history of this in fact. The final thing is that a team like Motherwell are more likely to be punished than than the old firm (if the SFA did bother to do anything about anything).

Another final, final thing is this the Partick Thistle forum and we moan when we want ... we moan when we want ...

We all know what'll happen, the authorities will shake there heads and wag their fingers and then do absolutely nothing. I'd like to know how many arrests were actually made, until some brave match commander actually arrests thousands of these bigotts, I'm afraid absolutely nothing will change.

Anyone brought up in the West of Scotland, would have been able to predict this scenario? What is shameful is the media trying to portray this as if it arrived as if by magic, of course it didn't. A visitor to Celtic Park and more audibly perhaps at Ibrox would be able to see and hear the same bile being expressed week in week out.

No doubt only a hadful of arrests at the game and around it. Police seem more intent on kettling and getting everyone away from the ground. During the game they seem to have a free reign to do what they please.

I'm sure there is the possibility of a few doors being chapped this week and follow up arrests but I would like to see them lifting culprits at the game to show those around them that it will not be tolerated. And I'm not talking about indiscriminate huckling of random supporters. The police and stewards stand and watch groups of them for almost the whole game so they can easily recognise and out the ring leaders and lift them.

No doubt only a hadful of arrests at the game and around it. Police seem more intent on kettling and getting everyone away from the ground. During the game they seem to have a free reign to do what they please.

I'm sure there is the possibility of a few doors being chapped this week and follow up arrests but I would like to see them lifting culprits at the game to show those around them that it will not be tolerated. And I'm not talking about indiscriminate huckling of random supporters. The police and stewards stand and watch groups of them for almost the whole game so they can easily recognise and out the ring leaders and lift them.

Nothing to do with flares smoke bombs etc or being Celtic/Rangers but everything to do with sectarian bile that makes it the right thing to ban these clubs but of course it won't happen will it??

Probably says more than you think about this wee place of ours that they won;t be banned.

Aberdeen, St Johnstone, Celtic, Motherwell, Dundee United and possibly Hibs all have a history of letting off flares, all mentioned in the Celtic in the north stand threads as comparision, and why those other teams aren't in the North Stand, the reason? The police only deem Celtic fans to be a risk..

The police aren't dealing with them, hence the frustration. I'd dispute what you describe as "energy". It's a football forum, not a march on Hampden!

No, there's plenty to bitch about as demonstrated on this forum, you just seem really REALLY wound up that non old firm fans are acting like, erm, non old firm fans.

• Like 1

<snipped> ..... let the police deal with them ..... <snipped>

yes, that's worked massively well..... not only in last two games, but in decades preceeding.

snipped rest of your post, as it's one massive missing the point spectacularly.

see below for why.

..... there were groups of fans ignoring the game and just singing sectarian nonsense and trying to get at each other. Then again this is something that has happened before with these teams. They have a long history of this in fact. The final thing is that a team like Motherwell are more likely to be punished than than the old firm (if the SFA did bother to do anything about anything).

We all know what'll happen, the authorities will shake there heads and wag their fingers and then do absolutely nothing ..... until some brave match commander actually arrests thousands of these bigotts, I'm afraid absolutely nothing will change.

..... A visitor to Celtic Park and more audibly perhaps at Ibrox would be able to see and hear the same bile being expressed week in week out.

..... During the game they seem to have a free reign to do what they please ..... The police and stewards stand and watch groups of them for almost the whole game so they can easily recognise and out the ring leaders and lift them.

^^^ pertinent points mr mad

bottom line is these two entities which masquerade as football clubs (one being the basturd illegitimate offspring of a club that died) are a stain on scottish football, scottish society and the country as a whole.

the opportunity to rid ourselves of these stains was missed two years ago when the followers of the club that died had the perfect circumstances and reasons to seperate themselves from the sectarianism and bile and thuggish path of their past, and be a club free of the unnecessary amd unwanted stain, but such is their denial and need to cling to past shames they pretend their new club is the old one.

while it likely won't happen, i'd like to see neither of these shams of football clubs be allowed to compete in any official league or cup competitions, or in front of any supporters until they get their houses in order. ABSOLUTE ZERO TOLERANCE should be applied until such a time they can show they can act like half decent human beings with an IQ into double figures. such a culture change would take decades, hence why such zero tolerance wouldn't be applied, but i honestly believe in the long term, scottish football would be better for it, and scotland as a country and a society would be all the much better for it.

If it's true what you say..the police will not do anything, do you think they are going to stop, when they see all the attention they are getting by letting their flares/smoke bombs off. Our media love it and run with a couple of pages and other teams fans forums are discussing it for wks, this is what they want.....publicity. Starve them of what they crave and let the coppers kick in doors and deal with them.

yes, that's worked massively well..... not only in last two games, but in decades preceeding.

snipped rest of your post, as it's one massive missing the point spectacularly.

see below for why.

^^^ pertinent points mr mad

bottom line is these two entities which masquerade as football clubs (one being the basturd illegitimate offspring of a club that died) are a stain on scottish football, scottish society and the country as a whole.

the opportunity to rid ourselves of these stains was missed two years ago when the followers of the club that died had the perfect circumstances and reasons to seperate themselves from the sectarianism and bile and thuggish path of their past, and be a club free of the unnecessary amd unwanted stain, but such is their denial and need to cling to past shames they pretend their new club is the old one.

while it likely won't happen, i'd like to see neither of these shams of football clubs be allowed to compete in any official league or cup competitions, or in front of any supporters until they get their houses in order. ABSOLUTE ZERO TOLERANCE should be applied until such a time they can show they can act like half decent human beings with an IQ into double figures. such a culture change would take decades, hence why such zero tolerance wouldn't be applied, but i honestly believe in the long term, scottish football would be better for it, and scotland as a country and a society would be all the much better for it.

Agree entirely with the above.

If it's true what you say..the police will not do anything, do you think they are going to stop, when they see all the attention they are getting by letting their flares/smoke bombs off. Our media love it and run with a couple of pages and other teams fans forums are discussing it for wks, this is what they want.....publicity. Starve them of what they crave and let the coppers kick in doors and deal with them.

1) so your solution is ignore them, and they will just stop it? genius idea, lets do that, it's a surefire winner

2) kick their doors in? again, missing the point spectacularly. why not act at the time? individually kicking in 100,000+ doors and the amount of police and court manpower that requires and the cost of these individual operations would be astronomical in comparison to lifting them en-masse at any of their matches. also by doing it at games is more public and sends out a stronger message. Zero tolerance. Nothing less for these mutants.

1) so your solution is ignore them, and they will just stop it? genius idea, lets do that, it's a surefire winner

2) kick their doors in? again, missing the point spectacularly. why not act at the time? individually kicking in 100,000+ doors and the amount of police and court manpower that requires and the cost of these individual operations would be astronomical in comparison to lifting them en-masse at any of their matches. also by doing it at games is more public and sends out a stronger message. Zero tolerance. Nothing less for these mutants.

Only 1800 Rangers fans at the game. Thats all they needed to control. Less than a full North Stand.

They has sniffer dogs outside the ground. and were doing searches.

How many arrests were there?

Only 1800 Rangers fans at the game. Thats all they needed to control. Less than a full North Stand.

wasn't only referring to last nights embarrassment. i was referring to the 100,000+ who attend (or are claimed to attend according to the two sham clubs) these two stadia every home game.

but your specific point about last nights numbers (and arrests) is entirely valid nonetheless.

So you want to police to go in and try and arrest everyone in the ground that is singing, aye ok. How many coppers would be needed to arrest thousands.

So you want the police to go in and arrest everyone in the ground that is singing, aye ok. How many coppers would be needed to arrest thousands?

There was 8000 at the game and both sets of fans were at it, so why only lift the rangers fans? Take it you have seen the picture from the Celtic end with the guy wearing the balaclava and holding a flare. Both are as bad as each other, but you only have eyes for the blue half to be punished, why? Are you a bigot as well?

Edited by JaggyMad

There was 8000 at the game and both sets of fans were at it, so why only lift the rangers fans? Take it you have seen the picture from the Celtic end with the guy wearing the balaclava and holding a flare. Both are as bad as each other, but you only have eyes for the blue half to be punished, why? Are you a bigot as well?

Whoa easy tiger, no I've not seen the Celtic pictures, neither do I know how many Celtic fans were there. Hence why I'm not talking about them. But I don't see why I must talk about both at the same time.

However, whilst there was 8000, there was only 1800 rangers fans. The rest was split between Celtic, the governing body comps and schools.

I'll repeat again. 1800 rangers fans. Every one of them a season ticket holder. How many arrests?

If your talking about flares and bigoted songs at the game last night, then YES it is relevant to speak about both sets of fans.

As for number of arrests, I do not know, but if you want your question answered, so you don't have to ask again,why not ask for a FOI request from stathclyde police, they will answer your question and if asked, what they were arrested for.

Still doesn't answer my question are you a bigot towards only the blue half?

not sure why you quoted me j-m, not that it needs emphasising but in case you have missed it in my posts, i am talking about both sets of mutants, hence my repeated use of the figure 100,000+, as that is the average combined home attendances (cough) of these two excuses for football clubs.

both should be punished, and severely, with zero tolerance, no more excuses.

as you correctly say, both are as bad as each other, at least we can agree on that. now whats your thoughts vis a vis dealing with the problem at games vs kicking in doors, any thoughts on my points vs yours, in terms of dealing with this stain on a mass level?