Jeezo...! Locke And Lennon (Danny) Binned....

crazy davie

Maybe, they'll be first championship team to play without a forward/ I know its a cheap shot , but Levein deserves it.

Any truth in the rumour doing the rounds that, to raise cash for new players, Avril has put all strikers on Hearts' books up for sale?

By the way, SR, that doesn't count as a cheap shot in any way - that %#^$€# deserves every bit of flak he gets from whatever source. Well said.

Seems an ideal set up for Levin. If things are going shite he can blame Neilson and if they are going great guns he can take the credit.

Loathed the guy as Scotland manager from the first game.Never accepted blame or responsibiity for anything that happenend and instilled the most negative downbeat attitude in the players you'll ever see in a generation.

h*ns infiltrate the Hearts Board to give new rangers a run at the league.

Craig Levein the most over rated ars* in football. Feel sorry for the jam tarts but it is essential for the new rangers business plan to work they must win this league then win the premier two years later.....takes cheating to a new level

h*ns infiltrate the Hearts Board to give new rangers a run at the league.

Craig Levein the most over rated ars* in football. Feel sorry for the jam tarts but it is essential for the new rangers business plan to work they must win this league then win the premier two years later.....takes cheating to a new level

'fraid that is a load of keech. Levein is good enough a manager at club level in Scotland. Besides he isn't managing but acting as "Director of football". Neilson will do day-to-day training and pick the team. Levein will be involved with bringing in new players and reorganising their youth system. By all accounts he did a good job doing the latter job when he was at United.

I quite understand the antipathy to Levein for his disastrous spell as Scotland manager - and he obviously has his limitations and flaws - but to take it to the extent to have complete amnesia about his spells with Hearts (then as manager) and Dundee United where he did reasonably well by all accounts. It's also a bit much to go into nonsense Rangers conspiracy theories just because you don't like the guy. May I remind you: h

This looks like a genuine attempt to try a system that isn't used much in this country and it looks like they won't be making any big signings but are looking to rely on youth plus a few experienced (but inexpensive) players to help them along. It should work well but you never know - Levein's major flaw is his ego and that could lead to clashes with Neilson. I don't know enough about their backgrounds to have any idea how well they are likely to work together.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Levein thinks he has a master plan of his own divising, albeit vaguely copying Liverpool in days of yore. All hail Scotland's great guru of football management. Oh wait... he doesn't believe in 'management' he believes in coaching. BONKERS! Hearts fans: you had better buckle in for a couple of seasons of total madness.

'fraid that is a load of keech. Levein is good enough a manager at club level in Scotland. Besides he isn't managing but acting as "Director of football". Neilson will do day-to-day training and pick the team. Levein will be involved with bringing in new players and reorganising their youth system. By all accounts he did a good job doing the latter job when he was at United.

I quite understand the antipathy to Levein for his disastrous spell as Scotland manager - and he obviously has his limitations and flaws - but to take it to the extent to have complete amnesia about his spells with Hearts (then as manager) and Dundee United where he did reasonably well by all accounts. It's also a bit much to go into nonsense Rangers conspiracy theories just because you don't like the guy. May I remind you: h

This looks like a genuine attempt to try a system that isn't used much in this country and it looks like they won't be making any big signings but are looking to rely on youth plus a few experienced (but inexpensive) players to help them along. It should work well but you never know - Levein's major flaw is his ego and that could lead to clashes with Neilson. I don't know enough about their backgrounds to have any idea how well they are likely to work together.

Ian Cathro will be his Head of Youth Development and quite a controversial character who certainly divides opinions in the youth football scene of him

http://www.scotsman....tugal-1-2575585

Neilson played under Levein the last time he as was at Hearts and at Leicester too, so, presumably, Levein thinks he will be obedient. He likes his yes men, does Avril.

I agree that his record at club level in Scotland is decent enough but only if you are happy for your team to finish mid-table; and Hearts will have no intention of hanging around the Championship for very long. Off the top of my head I cannot remember Levein actually winning anything as a manager. To be glib about it, he is sort of a poor man's David Moyes.

As far as Danny Lennon is concerned, I get the impression that he has been left feeling a bit frazzled after the trials and tribulations of last season and simply fancies a wee break. I am glad he kept St Murn up. He is a thoroughly decent man who did not deserve the hard time he was getting at the start of the season. Hopefully he will be back in the game one day.