Jeezo...! Locke And Lennon (Danny) Binned....

crazy davie

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20140512/ann-budge-statement_2241384_3825964

Good statement released from Ann Budge - seems to know what she is doing and willing to do what is right for the club.

Robbie Neilson as first team coach. Sounds like Levein will deal with all recruitment, transfers etc etc and Neilson will assume day to day running of the team. Never really liked those arrangements, all depends how closely Levein and Neilson can work together.

Speaking of managers in and out, funny, disrespectful comments on Snakey Mac from Blackpool FC Chairman, Karl Oyston. Oyston, by the way, is vilified by virtually every 'Pool fan and makes our board seem ultra popular by comparison.

"Karl Oyston says he has drawn up a shortlist of “six or seven” for the Blackpool manager’s job, but ruled out Dundee United boss Jackie McNamara. . .

. . . He was furious when his approach to Scottish Premier League side Dundee United for permission to talk to their manager McNamara was made public. Ruling out the 40-year-old, Oyston said: “I called the Dundee chairman, as I think you should in these cases, and asked to speak to their manager.

“No-one should draw anything from that. I simply wanted a conversation with him after someone I respect suggested I speak to him. I’d have liked to have kept any conversation I had about that private.

“But as in many such cases, the reward for doing anything properly in football is to be plastered all over the papers.

“I had no particular interest in employing him and I certainly have no interest in employing him now. He wasn’t by any stretch my preferred choice and I shall not be taking it any further.”

http://www.heartsfc....2241384_3825964

Good statement released from Ann Budge - seems to know what she is doing and willing to do what is right for the club.

Robbie Neilson as first team coach. Sounds like Levein will deal with all recruitment, transfers etc etc and Neilson will assume day to day running of the team. Never really liked those arrangements, all depends how closely Levein and Neilson can work together.

Sportsound saying tonight that Levein will pick the team and be on the training ground every day. What exactly is Neilson there for?!

I've got to say that whilst I accept that neither Danny nor Gary Locke were outstanding, I'm not ensure that there are ready made replacements just waiting in line to bring forth happy dats at either New St Mirren Park or Tynecastle. In terms of individuals, both seem not to have been treated with the courtesy their personal conduct deserved, As the appointment of Craig Levein suggests, the appontment of a new manager in itself does not bring an automatic New Jerusalem . Indeed, if I was a Hearts supporter, I'd be genuinelly cocerned at the style of football a Hearts team under Levein is likely to produce. Bearing in mind that after his time as Scotland boss, Walter Smith seems an afficienado of attacking football. With St Midden, its difficult to see where they see themselves, I personally see their level as somewhat similar to ourselves. As we had a sizeable minority with their minds dead set on Archie recieving his jotters, there were an even larger section of the Saints support clamouring for tnehead of wee Danny.

All the best to super Danny Lennon, wherever he goes next.

I've been hugely impressed with the way he's handled himself whilst being attacked from the stands, social media and the press.

Throughout the season his team had bounce-back-ability (very much like Archie's) - a trait which demonstrates the players were fighting for their gaffer - not always easy to achieve in these days of the prima donna.

St Mirren are delusional if they think they can do better than winning League Cups and surviving in the Top Flight.

I look forward to their demise at our expense :evil:

Levein????? You couldn't make it up. Heart of Midlothian -- get ready for your next relegation.

Whatever you think about Levein he was a decent mid-table-SPL manager. He was unable to move up the levels to international manager (hence the ultra negative tactics which he tried to compensate with) but that doesn't make him a useless manager: he did OK with Dundee Utd and Hearts.

The other thing to note is they are putting in place a better system to develop young players. If they can keep the majority of the young players and bring in a few more experienced players - they needn't spend much on this as they're not in the Sevco position of having to prove they're a big club by buying average players at exorbitant prices - they should be challenging for promotion OK.

That doesn't mean they'll find it easy to get out of - that division is always tough to play in and will be for Hearts too, Hibs if they go down and Sevco too even if they don't have to cut their squad back drastically.