Just In From Glorious Greenock

jags on tour

Poor game.Awful Thistle performance, worse than Saturday.We started ok in the first 10 mins, Dools and Lawless linked up well but then they came back into the game.

Morton missed a free header from 6 yards out, the first half then fizzled out until a neat turn and finish by Dools in the box gave us the lead.

Big Abdul was putting himself about and got a yellow, I think the Morton fans thought he was Hugh Murray in disguise as every time he got the ball he was boo'd and every tackle that he put in they were up in arms trying to get him sent off.

Second half had 2 near misses, the first from Morton when Balatoni thought he was Shaggy trying to dribble out of defence and got caught out, the Morton player was clean through with only Gal to beat but hit it wide, a big let off. the 2nd chance came our way, a cross from the right went across goal, Higgy should have just it first time but took a touch which allowed the keeper time to adjust and make a good save. nothing much else happened, they had a pen claim but their guy got booked for diving.

The usual subs, Lawless,Craigen,Higgy all went off. Glad to be through but a very poor performance. I thought we would have been well up for it but it was played like a friendly. We created next to nothing, our passing was woeful,nobody seemed to want to take responsibility with the ball.

I fear the worst on Saturday at Pittodrie. I still feel we need a better left back and a centre back to play alongside Seaborne if we're aiming for top 6/7/8. Another striker is a must as we only have Dools and we're fecked if he gets injured.

One good thing is that Morton have upgraded their toilets, they now have running water to wash ones hands in!

Special mention to the guy up the back, for the shout when SOD megged his man, made the touchline and his cut back was scrambled clear, for the shout of "will you never learn to deliver a baw!!!'

Nothing last night that fills me with confidence for Saturday.

Not much to add to this here. A pretty lacklustre performance against a rank rotten Morton side who could/should easily have put 2 or 3 past us if it wasn't for their ineptness in front of goal.

That said...

Doolan's goal was a thing of beauty. Trademark perfect 1st touch and turn and slotted past their keeper. How many times have we seen this from the Auchinleck Meerkat?

• Like 1