Fredric Frans

The Cup

Agree totally; but do we need Paul Gallacher to be given a first team game every week? Strikes me that he commands his areas in ways that Fox can't. For example, he'll not get bossed about when corners are being taken.

Not really disagreeing. I actually prefer Paul to Scott but for all his commanding presence he was between the sticks last season when some shocking goals were conceded. Into the bargain Fox didn't have the luxury of playing behind Mair, who by no means perfect still helped shore up the defence.

In no way do I think the above poster is slating Fox, just making a fair assessment. I do tho' get slightly irked at others who only see things in black and white, good or bad. Gallacher is good so Fox must be bad. Who knows if the present centre back pairing are as good as some folk are making out then the degree to which the goalie is dominant and bossing will be marginalised. Till that's established I'd on balance be happier with Gallacher in goal but I don't feel it's that big a deal.

• Like 1

Agree totally; but do we need Paul Gallacher to be given a first team game every week? Strikes me that he commands his areas in ways that Fox can't. For example, he'll not get bossed about when corners are being taken.

Gallo's in an impossible position

As a goalkeeping coach it's his job to help and instil confidence in Scott, to take his place between the posts won't help him with his confidence.

• Like 1

Frédéric and his wife have moved to Glasgow and the Belgian is loving life in Glasgow admitting he wants to make the city his home.

"I'm loving life in Scotland. My wife and I have really settled here. We've got a flat in Glasgow and I've told her already, and she agrees, that I want to live here. The people are so friendly and the club is amazing. Glasgow is such a wonderful place.

"I didn't play much last season which is why I only got a short term deal but from the moment I got here my aim is to perform as well as I can so I can stay at such a great club.

"I am really looking forward to every game. It's been a nice ride already and I'm enjoying it so much. As soon as a game is finished I can't wait for the next one."

The guy's a legend already. Give him the money.

The guy's a legend already. Give him the money.

Agreed, get him signed up now. With Galls back, Dan and Fred in the middle and Carroll beginning to come on to a game and SOD playing well, the defence is looking as good as it's been for years plus we still have Jordan and Conrad as back up

Gallo's in an impossible position

As a goalkeeping coach it's his job to help and instil confidence in Scott, to take his place between the posts won't help him with his confidence.

Yea, agree with both responses to my post. Problem is that we can't afford the luxury of dropping any points; but I wonder if Fox might make an appearance tomorrow night? Could be good for his confidence or it could all end in tears. I'm probably being overly optimistic; but when we play the OF it's allowed!

• 2 weeks later...