Fredric Frans

The Cup

Is Seaborne back on Wednesday? If so, what are the chances of him and Frans starting together? And why not?

In the half-empty - they've lost more paying punters than us but don't like to talk about it - cauldron that is Parkhead, there would be good odds on Dan getting a red. I say this as a fan of his play (not the worst signing we've made in that position!) and I agree totally with others that when Seaborne plays we look more assured at the back; even calm. Until yesterday, other pairings just hadn't worked. So no reason to change it up and good to see that there's competition in a key area (as has been said already).

Now to sort out our lack of goals; or shots on...

• Like 1

Maybe we should just park the bus at Porkheid. If we don't have the cutting edge of Higgy to make and score goals then a defensive set-up and aim for exta time and take our luck in a penalty shoot-out might be the way to go.

Do you really think that our defence is solid enough to try to park the bus for 2 hours against them? All it would take is one goal and it would be game over.

Up and at 'em, I say.

Maybe we should just park the bus at Porkheid. If we don't have the cutting edge of Higgy to make and score goals then a defensive set-up and aim for exta time and take our luck in a penalty shoot-out might be the way to go.

Nonsense, Seaborne and Conrad at the back, Frans and Doolan up-front, that will confuse the hell out them

Thought he was pretty impressive. Can't see him losing many headers, and he looked much more comfortable on the ball than Balatoni(not hard).

I'd hope that in future he'd show more confidence to drive forward with the ball because there were huge gaps for him to push into yesterday, but given it was his first game in a new country, I can understand why he played it safe.

Afraid the last time we had a penalty shoot out there, put me off penalty shoot outs for life and would imagine the same goes for the 3,000 jags fans that were there that night!

And you would have missed Peterhead then !

One for the stattos but I reckon we've done pretty well in penalty shoot outs since Parkhead. Without putting any importance on the individual occasions I can mind us losing out to St Johnstone and I think ICT plus obviously more recently Q o S. On the credit side we've also beaten ICT & St J,, Peterhead of course and at least two others (Livingston & Brechin), Probably missed a game or two out,

One for the stattos but I reckon we've done pretty well in penalty shoot outs since Parkhead. Without putting any importance on the individual occasions I can mind us losing out to St Johnstone and I think ICT plus obviously more recently Q o S. On the credit side we've also beaten ICT & St J,, Peterhead of course and at least two others (Livingston & Brechin), Probably missed a game or two out,

Challenge Cup semi against Ross Cty. is one.

Was a long journey back down the road.

Edited by German Jag

Thought Frans stood out head and shoulders in defence ( excuse the intentional pun !!) , a great signing by Archie, pity he wont be with us for long !! Yes , play our best players against Sellik which means a pairing of Seabourne and Frans let Balatoni sit this one out on the bench, Dools also needs a rest again . Lawless for me has been the surprise of the season , the wee man is playing out of his skin , great to see how he's basically taken over from Higgy, a real fireball, hope he keeps up the momentum !!

And you would have missed Peterhead then !

Nope I was talking about Porkheid. Don't think I have ever been so depressed at the end of a football game in all my life and it didn't help with all the Sellik fans saying on the way out that we had deserved to win....with a big smile on their faces!! Not a great fan of shoot outs. Yeah they are great when you win but that night at Porkheid was frankly unbelievable and an exceptionally sore one to take!

Edited by Lindau

• 5 weeks later...
Delighted if we can get him on a longer deal. I am sure he will continue to improve. Frans and Seabourne could turn out to be one of the best centre back partnerships we have had in my time watching the jags.

Agree completely, from being essentially a bomb scare and frankly an embarrassment, our defense looks quite solid now. At the very least your not sitting panicking about throwing away a stupid goal every time the ball is in our half of the field.

• Like 1

Agree completely, from being essentially a bomb scare and frankly an embarrassment, our defense looks quite solid now. At the very least your not sitting panicking about throwing away a stupid goal every time the ball is in our half of the field.

Agree totally; but do we need Paul Gallacher to be given a first team game every week? Strikes me that he commands his areas in ways that Fox can't. For example, he'll not get bossed about when corners are being taken.

• Like 1