Bye Bye Ally

i@n

has offered his resignation. it's not confirmed it's been accepted by the board (ashley) or he's actually gone yet.

guess it will be butcher or mccall to mordor then?

fat sally would be great at st mirren.

perhaps that why fat sally has offered to resign, as he reckons more chance of st mirren staying up, than sevco coming up (or surviving) this season, and fears if he doesn't make himself available now, he'll miss out on the plum paisley job.

has offered his resignation. it's not confirmed it's been accepted by the board (ashley) or he's actually gone yet.

guess it will be butcher or mccall to mordor then?

fat sally would be great at st mirren.

perhaps that why fat sally has offered to resign, as he reckons more chance of St Mirren staying up, than sevco coming up (or surviving) this season, and fears if he doesn't make himself available now, he'll miss out on the plum paisley job.

Exactly popped into my head, Butcher suddenly pulling out of Motherwell job. Initially I thought it was because he wasn't getting it but his relationship with Motherwell meant they let him publicly back out rather than not get the job - think this happens a lot in football. But wonder if he got a heads up on the Sevco situation.

Perhaps McCoist has just given the 12 months notice on his rolling contract. If so, he would be entitled to a pay-off if the board wants him to go now. It would be a good way to get some hard cash out of the club if he thinks that the Sevco is going bust again soon.

Exactly popped into my head, Butcher suddenly pulling out of Motherwell job. Initially I thought it was because he wasn't getting it but his relationship with Motherwell meant they let him publicly back out rather than not get the job - think this happens a lot in football. But wonder if he got a heads up on the Sevco situation.

that's my train of thought and jedi reasoning r'n'y.

motherwell did say they were disappointed at his reason for pulling out the running (choosing a second tier club over a top tier club ..... no ambition imo)

if it is super telly, i genuinely and sincerely hope he is as equally successful at mordor for sevco in his first season there, as he was for ict, motherwell and hibs.

Perhaps McCoist has just given the 12 months notice on his rolling contract. If so, he would be entitled to a pay-off if the board wants him to go now. It would be a good way to get some hard cash out of the club if he thinks that the Sevco is going bust again soon.

your first point ..... that would be funny, and (more-so) very clever thinking from fat sally (so, very unlikely)

your second point ..... sevco cannot go bust "again" as they have never been bust, schoolboy error!!!

your first point ..... that would be funny, and (more-so) very clever thinking from fat sally (so, very unlikely) your second point ..... sevco cannot go bust "again" as they have never been bust, schoolboy error!!!

My guess is that Sally consulted his lawyers before tendering his resignation. They would do the thinking for him. Do you honestly think that Sally would walk away from a big six figure pay day? That would be a schoolboy error!!!

You are right about Sevco but the fact is that a big seven figure loan/investment will be required to avoid admin within the next month or so. IIRC, more cash is needed to pay December's wage bill. Then there are the redundancy payments...

Edited by kni

I think it's actually a clever move by him. He's effectively said "back me or sack me" to the board by offering to resign. If they accept it, he's gone (surely without compo as its him who is voluntarily leaving). And if they don't accept it he's secure in a job with a hefty salary for making an arse of things.

I think it's actually a clever move by him. He's effectively said "back me or sack me" to the board by offering to resign. If they accept it, he's gone (surely without compo as its him who is voluntarily leaving). And if they don't accept it he's secure in a job with a hefty salary for making an arse of things.

It's unlikely that Sally has simply resigned and will walk away for nothing. He's probably given the necessary contractual notice to force the issue. The board will have to decide whether or not to sack him now. If it decides to sack him now, he will be entitled to compensation.

The board is now in a difficult position as It probably does not have cash to pay him off. It either has to find the money from Ashley (or another source) or give Sally a public vote of confidence. The fans think McCoist has done "the honourable thing" by offering to resign. If the board has to keep him on, he then becomes a martyr for being the "captain" of the Ibrox Titanic.

BBC now reporting that Rangers Board have rejected his resignation. May just be posturing.

:happy2:BBC - "Rangers will reject Ally McCoist's letter of resignation, BBC Scotland understands. Most of the Scottish Championship club's board are in London for the next 48 hours and no talks are planned."

It's obvious that the Directors can't afford to accept it and the fans will be livid.

Tonight's live game (on BT Sport) against the Doonhamers should be fun viewing, especially the large empty stands!

ETA - RangersMedia Forum is currently unavailable - Meltdown! :lol::clapping:

Edited by kni

BBC now reporting that Rangers Board have rejected his resignation. May just be posturing.

From what i've heard his resignation period is 12 months, so he see's out the 12 months as manager getting paid, see's out the 12 months on "garden leave" whilst getting paid or they pay him the £640K PLUS bonuses (Including £1 million if they win promotion) and he leaves now.

The board cannot afford to pay him off or his backroom squad, and can't afford a tribunal if they refuse to pay him, thats why they have rejected the resignation, so unless a deal is agreed on he stays, BUT if the other rumours are true and Rangers do a fast pack liquidation in January then they can let him go for nothing

• Like 1

From what i've heard his resignation period is 12 months, so he see's out the 12 months as manager getting paid, see's out the 12 months on "garden leave" whilst getting paid or they pay him the £640K PLUS bonuses (Including £1 million if they win promotion) and he leaves now.

The board cannot afford to pay him off or his backroom squad, and can't afford a tribunal if they refuse to pay him, thats why they have rejected the resignation, so unless a deal is agreed on he stays, BUT if the other rumours are true and Rangers do a fast pack liquidation in January then they can let him go for nothing

That's my understanding too but I assume that you mean fast track liquidation. That seems unlikely as the SPFL and SFA would forced by precedent to send Rangers down to the fourth tier or even the Lowland League. That could, or even would, finish them off for good.

A more like scenario is administration with a points deduction. However, any new owner would have to settle all footballing debts, including outstanding wages and severance/redundancy payments. So McCoist would still be entitled to his pay-off.

ETA - the BBC is reporting that his pay-off would be only £400k - "So either the club pays his salary of £400,000 per year up in full, come to a settlement, or keep him in place for the next 12 months."

Edited by kni

My neighbour just claimed he is Rangers answer to Jock Stein.

I mean my neighbour is a junkie and out of his face all the time, but what about Walter Smith for that accolade.

I hate the radio programme 'Off the Ball', or whatever its called. But someone was saying on it on Saturday that Ally doesn't look a well man, and I think that it true.

Walk away. Everyone can see you have tried your best.

I understand what Yoda Jag is saying, and it is true that we will soon see the back of them forever.

Rangers will be buried with no dignity, but Ally can still walk away with some intact.

That's my understanding too but I assume that you mean fast track liquidation. That seems unlikely as the SPFL and SFA would forced by precedent to send Rangers down to the fourth tier or even the Lowland League. That could, or even would, finish them off for good.

A more like scenario is administration with a points deduction. However, any new owner would have to settle all footballing debts, including outstanding wages and severance/redundancy payments. So McCoist would still be entitled to his pay-off.

The only way to cut the costs, purge the "Toxic" brand as it is now is to liquidate, the model is completely unsustainable....... Ashley knows that, this is why he has his hands on the image, badge, and merchandising rights (based on the name and badge...... not just the company), when a new Rangers starts up, he will still have these but the high costs etc are gone, he won't even need shares in the club.

When the brand is "cleansed" they believe they will attract " better" investors and build from the ground up, without the charlatans hovering about, it also breaks the chain from any new investor and Whyte with the takeover from Murray and sale to Greene being investigated.

^ Liquidation is wishful thinking. Mike Ashley or Laxey Partners can lend them more money that is secured on Ibrox and/or Murray Park. Why do you think the board is in London today - Christmas shopping at Harrods? They will be negotiating a refinancing package.

The only way to cut the costs, purge the "Toxic" brand as it is now is to liquidate, the model is completely unsustainable....... Ashley knows that, this is why he has his hands on the image, badge, and merchandising rights (based on the name and badge...... not just the company), when a new Rangers starts up, he will still have these but the high costs etc are gone, he won't even need shares in the club. When the brand is "cleansed" they believe they will attract " better" investors and build from the ground up, without the charlatans hovering about, it also breaks the chain from any new investor and Whyte with the takeover from Murray and sale to Greene being investigated.

I believe that Ashley would lose those commercial rights if the club is liquidated. He can keep them if the club is put into administration and sold as a going concern. In the short-term, he could lend more cash that is secured on Ibrox and Murray Park. If (or when) the club defaults on the loans or goes into admin, he gets them cheap and sells them on for a very big profit.